tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, because he would be the very first person ever to buy a vehicle that didn't really fit his needs. 75+% of the people buying this vehicle(on this Forum and elsewhere) won't use it to nearly its capabilities and I'm low balling here. 95% of the time it's about what the heart wants. You do you L.J.
he was asking for an opinion and i gave mine
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and don’t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said “I’m sure it comes with a $50k+ car” 🤷‍♂️). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and don’t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess I’m stuck or I’ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I won’t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably won’t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I don’t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
TBH it sounds like a different SUV will suit your needs/wants better.

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm scheduled for Nov 1 - next month.
I must have mixed you up with another post. I thought you said you reserved March 21.

No worries on changing from July to November. You'd have never gotten the July delivery anyway.

PrincipalD

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have had the same internal battle. I have settled with changing my OBX build. Dropping SAS, no leather (Katzkon later for less money and better quality), keep LUX, and going with 4A and the higher gear so I can upgrade tires when I wear out the factory ones. Of course, I am a 2026 build….

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Touche! I apologize.
no worries.. that opinion was based on the bronco isnt really the best daily driver for mpg and highway driving.. And if not doing any off roading there are better options..

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The A4x4 should do better in the slick but standard won't be bad.

Factoring wheel style into the decision is kind of silly IMO. It's the easiest thing to change after you get it home.

Phil James

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going with the advanced 4WD. I have AWD (I know, it's not exactly the same) on my little Suzuki and I love it on wet or icy roads, especially out here in Colorado where you're switching from wet to dry pavement so often during the winter and spring. And doesn't it add the locking rear diff? I think it does.

Ditto what others said on the gearing.

OBX gets a lot of hate on this site but it's a great looking rig and the lowest priced trim that allows you to add the high package and advanced 4WD without up-Squatching it. New wheels, tires, a lift...plenty of examples on this site from people who have done that with terrific results. I'm leaning toward a 1" or 2" lift, or maybe just a lift/level in front, 34" tires, and keeping the same wheels but maybe getting them painted/powder coated.
I had a Samurai and we were up on Rampart Range a lot. It would go ANYwhere. 😊

Reactions: sjp

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No power seats without leather. I went with 4A on Badlands trim but skipped squatch. I wanted options and lower gearing available. Modular bumper came with badlands, I wanted skidplates.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and don’t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said “I’m sure it comes with a $50k+ car” 🤷‍♂️). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and don’t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess I’m stuck or I’ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I won’t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably won’t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I don’t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
Probably been mentioned a few times - Leather is the only way to get power seats, and only on the 4 door at that. I think the cloth is actually pretty nice - the WT mannequin I had for the weekend had the cloth and I'd have gone that way as well but am spoiled and want power.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't over-think it. Reading your post, I believe you have it figured out. The OBX lux without leather and add Advanced 4x4. Change out the tires and/or rims later.
I am of the opinion that buying a vehicle is 20% logic and 80% what you like and want. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone but YOU!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In terms of actual usage, sounds like you are buying the wrong vehicle. Probably you should instead get an SUV with features and design aimed at pavement driving.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First world problems at their worst. . .

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TBH it sounds like a different SUV will suit your needs/wants better.
I see a lot of these responses. What I don't see is a lot of those responses that take the OP's following statement into account:

"I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off"
This isn't, "I want an SUV with a sun-roof". The OP wants the roof off and for him that may be one of THE most important requirements. So if you want to recommend an SUV to him as an alternative please list your proposed removable-top SUV. There aren't that many, especially new.
Sponsored