Report: Manual Sasquatch Bronco is Happening (? or ! ... now revised to !)

OP
bobbleheadguru

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Clubs

Yeah, I really want the manual, but my morals about not buying anything, if I can help it, from a country that is practicing ethnic cleansing on the seven-figure level may win out.
The thing is, it is likely that the machine that you use the most every day is made there, by Foxconn.

Advertisement

OP
bobbleheadguru

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Clubs

Nobody else is wanting members to buy them a pizza as a prize for finding the article
I did not want to either, until I got 5280 zingers in a row for finding it and posting a link to it. Then I was definitively told that the chances of seeing a Sasquatch Manual in the future was about the same as seeing a Sasquatch named Chewbacca jump out of the Millennium Falcon after crashing it in Area 51, then jump into an unexpectedly-tan-not-just-primer Bronco with a white Hard Top.

So as to not lose it like the Hulk, I decided to provide an outlet for myself in which I would dream of YOU buying me a pizza, when I am proven right. But ultimately, this technique got me hungry and ordered a Pizza for myself and paid with my credit card for it, unfortunately. Sad. Except the pizza was excellent, so not so sad.

Last edited:

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
If they offer a manual Sasquatch, I'll buy it. If not, I'll buy a base manual and build my own.
I don't attach morals to the Chinese transmission, I still refuse to have a slushbox in a new vehicle, based on personal preference. I'd sooner spend 40 grand restoring my 1991 Jeep Cherokee with the 5 speed.

Used2jeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Clubs

Squatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Jeep
The thing is, it is likely that the machine that you use the most every day is made there, by Foxconn.
The thing is...? You're implying that I can't possibly make future decisions independently of past behavior as if I'm some proverbial aged canine. We might as well put every criminal to death, then, because with that logic it's the only sure way to rid the world of future crime.

By the way, it was made in Vietnam.

BroncoJay

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
This would be cool if it was being offered with the 2.7... if not it changes...nothing... for me

BearWithMe

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
The thing is...? You're implying that I can't possibly make future decisions independently of past behavior as if I'm some proverbial aged canine. We might as well put every criminal to death, then, because with that logic it's the only sure way to rid the world of future crime.

By the way, it was made in Vietnam.
There will be any number of components in the Bronco (other than the transmission) and in your daily life that are made in China. That's just a fact of life in these modern times, even if I wish it weren't so.

What matters is the quality of the individual product. China is certainly capable of manufacturing quality transmissions to the designer's specifications. The blame rests with Getrag, the designer.

Hoofnmouth

Base
First Name
mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Clubs

If true this changes alot for me in a positive way,i was going base 7sp and adding lift as well.
The problem lies in the gears and final drive it could be done but its alot easier to have the factory do it.
Sure hope its going to happen👍

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma, 2016 Camaro, 2018 Indian
Clubs

If true this changes alot for me in a positive way,i was going base 7sp and adding lift as well.
The problem lies in the gears and final drive it could be done but its alot easier to have the factory do it.
Sure hope its going to happen👍

I'm thinking the BB with manual and squatch. Was planning the BD with manual, but now I might be able to go down a trim level, keep the manual, and upgrade to the M210 and front locker, better suspension, and better tires. All I need to add is the aux switches and I'm golden. This will change a lot if it happens for 2021.

JAG

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
I doubt we get the 2.7 paired with the manual for initial launch, but if we pedal hard enough, we might make it a reality for future iterations.

Advertisement

Advertisement