Sponsored

[RESOLVED!!!] After 2 years, my Bronco is finally here. Only to be greeted with a 48% markup.

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the nitrogen charge on a SUV with oversized tires! These guys are classic. As if the 21K markup wasnt enough. It looks like its a nationwide practice find someone to order the high end package in demand option and steal it from you with the markup. Kirkland Ford here has almost the same price for a Badlands and show you the window sticker just to rub your face in it.

2A13F524-AFCB-4872-AED6-6296FD2186EC.jpeg

EED9D6C9-FE00-48A4-A1B5-5FAB86E43C56.jpeg
Sponsored

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t like ADM anymore than the next guy and I certainly don’t like when it pops up on a custom order where agreements were place before delivery. Seems like a legal issue at the least.

But I do find the double standard that is tolerated for individuals doing the exact same thing absurd. There is some kind of cognitive dissonance occurring. If used car dealers did this people would freak out. Is my view this is just as bad, if not worse. At least the dealership is in their normal course of business. The individuals are distorting market demand. I gotta admit, when I see somebody with a 2021 sitting in their driveway with a $20k-30k markup and only 100 miles, I kinda hope it rots. I just want to buy and drive my order.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... I don’t understand how anyone gets in these threads and blames a consumer… unless they are being paid by Ford.
While one size never fits all, I suspect that many people who blame the final consumer (who is extremely disadvantaged in the negotiation due to the experience and home turf of a salesman) is so that they can humble-brag about how smart they are by comparison because they got something signed and are just, oh so surprised, that people don't do exactly what they did because it is just common sense. (translation; I am so smart and worldly that what is beyond the average persons ability to grasp is so basic to me that I cannot even comprehend someone not knowing it. Like not being able to tie a pair of shoes.) I don't know about the rest of you, but I remember learning to tie my shoes, it was a big deal to me and while a pretty useful skill, not something I feel compelled to berate a three year old about until they cry because they didn't do it the right way.

What these geniuses (who claim they do not have the mental capacity to understand us 'norms') don't understand is that their fancy paperwork means absolutely nothing. They could be screwed upon delivery as well (and I suspect not going to get a tremendous amount of sympathy here). It is a civil matter, even an iron clad VIN notated, contract for a specific vehicle would have no teeth if the dealer decides to breach. Try explaining to a judge what actual, real damages (money/property you physically lost) occurred by not buying a specific mass-produced item.

He's not stupid, you're just pathetic, If you're not going to be part of the the solution, don"t be part of the problem, but I digress Karma's a BITCH!
Agreed. By definition; Karma is only a bitch if you are. (not speaking of 'Gritty')

edited for spelling.

Last edited:

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you have anything in writing? I would speak to the GM ASAP before they sell it.
what did you have in writing? even the confirmation order (DORA?) that they asked you to sign with pricing on it. If sent by email to you, can be considered a contract in many states, especially if you had put down a deposit. talk to a lawyer, and slow play them as others have said.
I want to see a lawyer sue for injunctive relief prohibiting the dealer from selling until this is worked out, else they have you under duress.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the "you didn't have a GM and owner co-signed, notarized purchase agreement kept in a safe deposit box?" stuff isn't helping this guy or others in this situation.

Despite what Levine said long, long after the fact when he was tired of hearing about customers being screwed, we've seen countless reports of dealers who would not sign or offer such an agreement 1-2 years in advance of having the bronco on their lot.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it doesn't work out for ya, i got mine ate Red River Ford in Cabot for invoice. Dont know they will still do that now. But they treated me right. And dont think they wouild screw you over like that.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does the price protection for reservation holders pre March 2021 come into play?!?!?
Contact Ford and once you provide your reservation or order date and it meets the pre March 19 2021 cut off time frame, they provide you with a certificate number that is to be used at the dealer to return the invoice to MY 21, per whatever model you have reserved or ordered. I did this and have my certificate number. Hopefully in a few weeks I will get to use it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m honestly sick of the “did you get a pricing agreement, anything in writing” etc. Not a damn soul at the start of reservation and ordering thought about that and Ford sure as sh!+ didn’t warn anyone. We all got told “build the bronco you want,” which we all did. Guess what, I’ve ordered before and never had anything in writing and paid less then msrp.

Twitter Ford guy making that comment about how we should’ve gotten it in writing was just a b!tch boy way of weaseling out of a confrontation with ADM dealers.
You couldn’t be more right. What everyone fails to understand is regardless if you signed some sort of DORA or any agreement, EVERY ordered vehicle was ordered by the dealership and NOT the customer. The dealer bought and paid for the vehicle from Ford and now it is their property to sell at whatever price they can get. None of us have an actual binding contract. Proof? Anyone of us can walk away from an ordered vehicle without repercussions. Upfront dealers honor their commitments, scummy ones try to rip folks off. Busting lousy dealers via the rating systems get them exposed. They don’t expect the average person to kick up a fuss. Bad ratings make them react. Good luck.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All the "you didn't have a GM and owner co-signed, notarized purchase agreement kept in a safe deposit box?" stuff isn't helping this guy or others in this situation.

Despite what Levine said long, long after the fact when he was tired of hearing about customers being screwed, we've seen countless reports of dealers who would not sign or offer such an agreement 1-2 years in advance of having the bronco on their lot.
Considering the covid experience we have been thru and Virginia’s price gouging laws- I file a complaint with the Attorney General of the State. Send a copy to the dealership.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Crain Ford of Little Rock. I'm livid. Needless to say I did not come home with a new Bronco.

Please help me raise hell.

Here's a tweet to Ford.
My Yelp review of the dealership.
Google review of the dealership from "Shane Ermitano".

Ford Bronco [RESOLVED!!!] After 2 years, my Bronco is finally here. Only to be greeted with a 48% markup. EED9D6C9-FE00-48A4-A1B5-5FAB86E43C56

Ford Bronco [RESOLVED!!!] After 2 years, my Bronco is finally here. Only to be greeted with a 48% markup. EED9D6C9-FE00-48A4-A1B5-5FAB86E43C56
Act 376 of 1997 prohibits businesses from price gouging during a state of emergency. The law prohibits businesses from charging more than 10 percent above the pre-disaster price of goods or services.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is crazy. Where is Ford's price protection for consumers?

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man that sucks! This is so wrong! ADM was my main fear when picking up my Bronco. Luckily, there are still dealers out there with integrity that realize any short term profits will harm their business in the long run. I would try to stall as long as possible and see if you might get some help from Ford with this. If not, walk and try to find a comparable stock unit with no ADM, or reorder from another dealer that doesn't charge ADM. The 6G community is already burning Crain Ford down with one star reviews.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd like to hear from anyone who signed a sales contract where he agreed in writing he was legally bound to buy his Bronco at a specific price (MSRP) regardless if he liked the vehicle once he sees it and drives it.

Bet there is not one person on this Forum who did that.
My contract says I get MSRP but required a non refundable $2000 deposit. I don’t buy it I lose my deposit.
Sponsored