Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m still trying to let the anger dissipate. Went to go pickup my FE order that got delivered to the dealership yesterday. Found out they wanted $118K for it ($56K markup).

I blew a gasket having waited a year and a half with a year of delays.

Superior Ford in Plymouth, MN. Their excuse - “well you didn’t sign anything and that’s what the market price is”. I was forced to walk out with no Bronco. I feel totally taken advantage of and that they just used my reservation/order so they could get one for their lot and sell at a huge markup with no intention of honoring my reservation. When I showed up it was like they weren’t even aware it was my Bronco I had reserved.

Had I known how shady the dealership was, I would have gone done the street and had it transferred to Morries Ford who would have sold at MSRP.
**Edited**That sucks...no one likes a scumbag dealer (although there are lots of good ones out there), it sucks to get stuck with a bad one. Good Luck

Last edited:

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another Piece of Sh!t dealership. Superior Ford in Plymouth, MN :poop:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Call all the local papers and tv news programs. Post on every local social media. Rain hell on them. It‘s not Ford. They aren’t making an extra dime. It’s the dealer being a sleeve bag. That said, it’s past the point Ford steps in and used their leverage.

Sponsored

JB93

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That sucks but you should have gotten a signed agreement…or transferred when you could have if they wouldn’t do it. It blows my mind that people have no agreement and just walk in and expect things to go smoothly. They have you by the short hairs if you do that…chalk it up as a lesson. They are scum…but you learned how to conduct personal business. Always have an agreement done in writing at a time when you have leverage. Now you have none.
What a Cock of a reply. Befitting.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks but you should have gotten a signed agreement…or transferred when you could have if they wouldn’t do it. It blows my mind that people have no agreement and just walk in and expect things to go smoothly. They have you by the short hairs if you do that…chalk it up as a lesson. They are scum…but you learned how to conduct personal business. Always have an agreement done in writing at a time when you have leverage. Now you have none.
No, it should be on the dealers to produce this agreement at order time and if they don’t that is on them. You guys need to get dealers in line down there and stop this bullshit.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Their excuse - “well you didn’t sign anything and that’s what the market price is”.
But you did have a deposit on it. Best to check with your state's Attorney General about the laws in your state...... and inform the dealership you are doing so.
Contact Mike Levine via Twitter, he may be able to put a little pressure on the dealer.
Good luck. IMO it's a crime for dealers to be able to do this. I don't think is is legally considered extortion, but it should be.

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The dealer accepted a deposit for the vehicle was it returned to OP ?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is a stupid fucking argument that I'm sick of seeing. Stop trying to shift blame away from Ford and their dealer network. ADMs are new for most people. If you've only ever bought "regular" cars you wouldn't even know it's a thing. You'd be used to walking into any old dealer and paying MSRP or less. A year and a half ago no one knew bronco's would take this long to get. No one knew for sure just how absolutely insane the market was going to get. These aren't crazy limited supercars. They're literally just Ford SUVs.

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a stupid fucking argument that I'm sick of seeing. Stop trying to shift blame away from Ford and their dealer network. ADMs are new for most people. If you've only ever bought "regular" cars you wouldn't even know it's a thing. You'd be used to walking into any old dealer and paying MSRP or less. A year and a half ago no one knew bronco's would take this long to get. No one knew for sure just how absolutely insane the market was going to get. These aren't crazy limited supercars. They're literally just Ford SUVs.
I second this sentiment. When dealers are showing you a build order sheet, and that order sheet has an MSRP listed on it, and they ask us to initial it -- that sets a very clear expectation in any reasonable person that they're ordering a vehicle that they'll pay MSRP for.

Further, @Ford Motor Company touts "price protection" for all of those impacted by the continual delivery delays. What does "price protection" mean, Ford, if dealers can $h!t all over customers on delivery day?

The situation is obscene. Ford corporate can exert significantly more pressure than they have thus far to make it right. If I'm wrong, and the terms of the dealership franchises allow continue customer abuse of this sort, then it's only a matter of time before the Telsa and Rivian direct-to-customer model buries them.

I'm lucky to have worked with an awesome dealer, but reading these cases shakes my confidence in Ford.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.