Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's funny how when you hear the other side of a story, you rethink what you were thinking. So I'm trying to put myself in the dealer's shoes (if their "side" was true).

But I've reached a sticking point in the story. If "customer" called them back in February and said he did not want the bronco, why would the dealer keep calling and emailing the customer? They are implying that they are trying to give the customer multiple chances to change their mind, which seems unlikely.

I suppose since the customer had the reservation, he would continue to see updates about the production of the vehicle and therefore may know it's been delivered, however I find it hard to believe that if the customer had an interest or changed their mind that they would forget that they told the dealership they didn't want it, ignore these emails and phone calls offering second chances (which would make you think Oh yeah, I told them I didn't want it), and even upon a delivery notification not call and say I've changed my mind, please don't sell it.

The dealer here can easily show/post these emails if true....and maybe it is.....if the dealer was under the assumption that the order was absolutely abandoned then that does change the narrative, but seems this would be easy to show.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you seen, yet, the bullshit response that they are now putting on their negative Google reviews?

Thanks for the review, I wish you know the whole story before you give out reviews on something you know nothing about. Customer call us back in February and told us he did not want the Bronco anymore and go ahead and order it. So we did. 10 months go by with emails and phone calls to the customer with no response. Vehicle has been here for over a week, customer just shows up unannounced. No appointment, no call ahead, and demand that we sell it to him. EVERY RESERVATION HOLD THAT CAME IN AND SIGNED A FORM PAID MSRP OR A PRICE THAT WE HAD ALREADY AGREED AT DATE AND TIME OF ORDER.
How do we know it is bullshit? We are ready to burn the place down for the OP believing them. Also has the OP said they are keeping this unit and not trying to turn it? Playing devils advocate here. The dealers story sounds just a plausible. Person orders never intending to buy them realizes the market and tries to show up and buy it. Two wrongs donā€™t make a right.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every scummy dealership should be offering the reservation holder a finders fee.

I know the apologists like to say things like "the dealership is Ford's customer" and "it is their bronco to sell" BUT the reservation-holder is the ONLY reason they have a bronco.

If the OP did not choose to deal with this shit-bag location, they NEVER would have had a First Edition to sell. It is absolute bullshit "we" as reservation holders went through the work of reserving, putting down some money, finding a dealership, following updates, to get a "Thanks, bro" and a pat on the back from a stealership as they profit from "our" efforts.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do we know it is bullshit? We are ready to burn the place down for the OP believing them. Also has the OP said they are keeping this unit and not trying to turn it? Playing devils advocate here. The dealers story sounds just a plausible. Person orders never intending to buy them realizes the market and tries to show up and buy it. Two wrongs donā€™t make a right.
Do we have a list of MSRP (or less) dealerships? Easy to check by finding one member who got what they expected.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just saw it. And yes I was waivering back early in the year because of all of the changes to the FE and the delays. But the dealership convinced me that we should put the order in regardless and that if I decided I didnā€™t want it later, they would happily take it (the manager said heā€™d even buy it). So they ended up pushing the order through and I had no issues with that. Never heard from them again after the order was finalized.

At no point did I say, Iā€™m canceling my reservation or order.

So you say you were wavering. And apparently told the dealer this. That already put it in their head that you weren't 100% committed anymore. So in that case I wouldn't expect them to keep any line of communication open. At this point they were pretty much counting on you backing out so they could sell it at a profit.

Bottom line you probably should have kept your possible intentions to yourself and rode it out until the end. Unless you were 100% sure you were backing out. Obviously you have since changed your mind. So yeah you contributed a bit to this toxic situation.

And I have to ask and don't expect a truthful answer. You said you were wavering. What changed your mind between now and then? Do you really want the FE?? Or do you really want it now because you see the potential profit in a resale?

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Literally this
But I've reached a sticking point in the story. If "customer" called them back in February and said he did not want the bronco, why would the dealer keep calling and emailing the customer? They are implying that they are trying to give the customer multiple chances to change their mind, which seems unlikely.

Show some emails sent looking for communication
Surely you have them

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny you mention their carrying costs. The manager had the gall to say heā€™s got a lot of time and money tied up in the vehicle. I reminded him Iā€™m the customer and Iā€™ve been the one waiting a year and a half. He said he has $62K in cost out of pocket on this car and made it sound like heā€™s had a large financial obligation to get it on the lot. Minutes later he admitted that he pays once it gets delivered to the lot. So heā€™s had 1 day of carrying costs haha. My $100 deposit is significantly more than his cost so far!
Post the GMā€™s name and contact info.
edit: as I read through the pages furter I think it would help for you to clarify that youā€™re not intending to flip it.
and with regards to Levine ā€˜s advice not to further escalate it with negative google reviews I think that ship has sailed. Itā€™s nice that he responded to you, Iā€™ll give him that.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the record, at no point in the process did I say I was canceling my reservation or order. They told me we should push the order through and if I wanted to back out later I could. Which I did not. I received all sorts of emails from Ford corporate saying my order was submitted and everything on track. The dealer never reached out to me and I never felt a need to call them because I was getting all of the status emails from Ford and I hadn't backed out of the order.

Lots of reasons I didn't decide to cancel. Namely that I just bought a chunk of land and the Bronco started to make more sense.

Maybe I contributed to this situation. I'll own that. But when I was told that we could submit the order and I could cancel later, in my mind that doesn't give them the option to just continue on like it's not my order.

Ok but again you said you were "wavering" and made the dealer aware. When you finally decided you were 100% committed again did you relay this information to the dealer? If so what time frame was it from the initial waiver?

I'm just trying to see both sides here. If you already put the bug in their ear that you weren't all-in, I'm sure they took that as you were completely out. Why would they keep calling or corresponding with you?? They already had the dollar signs in their eyes.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
My Bronco is the last Ford I will buy, your handling of this shitshow is unbelievable.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My advise on page 2 was to take a test drive and crash the truck to prevent the dealership from collecting their prize. No, Iā€™m not kidding. I would be mad as hell and vindictive in the OPā€™s situation. Using the ā€œaccident forgivenessā€ credit on oneā€™s insurance might be a reasonable price to pay to keep the dealership from profiting.

There is sound advise given in posts 17, 24, 27, and your first one. I think your advise about going to the dealership daily and offering to do the deal at MSRP is wise and that at some point they would give in. I donā€™t agree with your 120% idea at all, the dealer is still winning. I do think there is a legal case to be made to remedy the situation, all of the documentation from ford says ā€œyour Bronco on behalf of *dealer* with a deposit collected. Getting the local news ā€œ9 on your sideā€ team to do a piece to give the dealer some bad PR is also a great way to go. The news van coming to the lot and asking questions is great pressure.

I donā€™t understand your statements about never putting anything down on a vehicle purchase. I understand the idea of zero down with gap insurance and if the truck gets totaled you walk away losing less equity. I used to do just that when I couldnā€™t afford to put a chunk down, then after I crossed into positive equity after about year 3 I would accelerate the payments and be done early. Now Iā€™m in a position where I could write a check for the vehicle, but I choose to put 20-30% down and pay it off in a couple years. I have the 120% value vehicle replacement insurance through USAA for a couple bucks per month, so my equity is protected.

If your idea is based on investing the cash from the trade in the market and making a higher return over time than the loan interest costs, I get it but the market is overdue for a correction where one could just as easily lose money short term. I donā€™t like the idea of being heavily leveraged, I always want to be in a position to run lean financially if needed. One of us could get fired, sick, die, etc at any time. We live within our means to the point where we could survive on the lower of our individual incomes without taking on any debt. We are investing too, maxing both Roth 401Kā€™s at a minimum, but are also stacking cash for the next home down payment since moving and turning the first house into a rental.

I helped my folks buy a new Highlander this week, $48K MSRP, their trade was worth $29K at Carmax and I got the dealer to offer an equivalent amount with the sales tax offset, so they drove out for $24K and nothing down. I also gave them $2000 towards the purchase so their loan is $22K. They are 80 and on a fixed retirement income, a ~$400 per month payment is doable, regardless of what they pocketed from the deal the $940 per month payment of $0 down would result in my dad not sleeping well.

In a year or two when there are Broncos sitting on the lots available for purchase at invoice and the used car market has corrected the Bronco will certainly be a depreciating asset. We are in a weird bubble right now that has me considering selling my Badlands and getting back in line. A FE will only retain collector value long term if someone sealed it in a bubble and doesnā€™t drive it, otherwise it will hover a little above the other trims as they age. As new high end packages and trims come out the FE will lose some of itā€™s luster.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you wait to join this forum yesterday if you were so interested in your Bronco?
Smells fishy...

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why would you wait to join this forum yesterday if you were so interested in your Bronco?
Smells fishy...
I do feel like there is more to this story.. but I feel like what a previous poster said about the dealer calling and emailing the customer repeatedly seems unlikely and discredits them (even those of us with sure orders through good dealers, still have to pester our dealers for info) .. and if they did sell their retail orders at MSRP - why would they change it for this guy even if he was wavering initially. That doesn't take his name off the reservation number. I think the dealer is trying to get a nice paycheck for this one.

Also, not to mention, not everyone uses forums or social media. He probably joined for help/advice. A lot of people buying these (most?) probably wont ever join a forum, so that doesn't instantly discredit him.

Reactions: Cat

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Minnesota nice - NOT - from slimy SUPERIOR FORD OF PLYMOUTH MN. Sad, stealerships like you give Minnesota a bad name. You're embarrassing and should be ashamed.

I'm gonna believe the OP before scummy SUPERIOR FORD OF PLYMOUTH MN.

SUPERIOR FORD OF PLYMOUTH MN can save face and give the OP his Bronco for MSRP and move on.

Levine works for FORD/stealerships not the customer. Can't trust anything from wishy-washy himself. He's just Fords front-end puppet.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven't used Twitter much in years. But just fired it up and gave this a retweet.
I have no social media powers, but I retweeted lol. This is total BS.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.