Sponsored

Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips.

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone having parking sensor issues? I cannot get mine to stop sending false alerts after connecting everything up.

Originally I installed the sensor wire extenders with the connectors inside the bumper since the OEM wiring harness is too short to allow me to feed the OEM connector through the bumper. I had a lot of issues w/ false parking sensor alerts.

I then uninstalled the entire thing, and cut the wire harness sheathing to give me JUST enough length to feed the connectors outside of the bumper so I could ensure they are connected properly for troubleshooting. No dice, they are still alarming at everything.

I'm about to lose my mind, anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had an error at first but it was a wire pulled out of the connector. None since then. You did keep them in their respective places right? Not sure if that would cause what you have. But maybe try to switch them and see if it helps. Can you see on screen which is acting up?

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a way to turn off the system in the vehicle's settings? If so, I'd turn the system off, and then back on to see if that resets things.

My passenger-side sensor acted up initially, but some jiggling of a slightly-damaged wire/connector made it work (I haven't dared touch it since).

Good luck!

Smith_F1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no kit that I know of, but it definitely can. I’m actually thinking of relocating mine to under the hood and making a flat plate to mount on top of the winch. I will let you know how it works out.
Hi Rus, did you ever relocate the Control Box on your Rough Country winch? I am trying to figure that out since there are no kits.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Rus, did you ever relocate the Control Box on your Rough Country winch? I am trying to figure that out since there are no kits.
(Not Rus, but here is my take)
I did, and it was an exercise in futility in the end.
Yes, it is under the hood and protected.
Yes, it is off the top of my winch where I made a flat plate.
Looks clean.
I had hoped it would free up the front camera, which it did to an extent.
But the winch still took up roughly 30-40% of the lower part of the display.
In the end I ended up doing a relocate kit for the camera anyway, thereby making the entire relocation project a moot point.
Warn sells a relocate kit that you can use the wires and such from (which is what I did).
I took apart my control box and shoe-horned everything into an electrical junction box that I am not entirely happy with, but it serves the purpose.

I guess in the end it depends on why you want to relocate it.
If it is for clear camera view you will be disappointed and will end up with a camera relocate kit regardless.
IF it is for aesthetics and just removing some bulk, it works for that.
My 2 cents. YMMV.

Sponsored

Smith_F1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks clean.
In the end I ended up doing a relocate kit for the camera anyway, thereby making the entire relocation project a moot point.
Warn sells a relocate kit that you can use the wires and such from (which is what I did).
I took apart my control box and shoe-horned everything into an electrical junction box that I am not entirely happy with, but it serves the purpose.

If it is for clear camera view you will be disappointed and will end up with a camera relocate kit regardless.
My 2 cents. YMMV.
Thank you! This helps a lot. I am mainly relocating for aesthetics and a cleaner look since the Rough Country box is so tall. I am going to relocate the camera using Mountains2Metal's kit. I appreciate the answer. Sounds like a junction box/ project box mounted on top of the fuse box is the way to go.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks clean.

My 2 cents. YMMV.
I liked the more air flow of having the control box moved is it enough of a difference for the hassle probably not but did make the camera at least somewhat useful. I move the camera to the top of the grill.
I just went to the local auto value and had them make cables with the proper lugs on the ends. You only need three big wires and the thin black wire. I also packed everything into a project box on top of the fuse block.
Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 464989BF-F855-49F4-BCCD-8399D4E040DF

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I liked the more air flow of having the control box moved is it enough of a difference for the hassle probably not but did make the camera at least somewhat useful. I move the camera to the top of the grill.
I just went to the local auto value and had them make cables with the proper lugs on the ends. You only need three big wires and the thin black wire. I also packed everything into a project box on top of the fuse block.
Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 464989BF-F855-49F4-BCCD-8399D4E040DF
Yep, looks good.
I don't have the crimp tool and don't trust the cognitive agility of my local auto parts people...so I ordered online.

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I realize this is an older thread, but I'm trying to resurrect some discussion - specifically related to the Rough County High Winch Mount. I'm planning to install on Saturday along with the LOD frame horn brackets. I've read/seen mixed reviews on the Rough County finish resistance to rust. No steel item is rustproof, but I'm trying to extend the life/appearance of this thing.

So, does anybody have feedback on whether they've had rust issues since installing? I'm planning to coat/wipe down parts before and after install with CRC Marine Corrosion Inhibitor, which seems to be working well on my Bronco bolts, mod bumper, etc. after two winters in the salt belt (used to be the snow belt, but now we just get salt slush for three months). Hoping to avoid spraying with paint or bedliner before the installing if I can avoid it.

Thanks!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I realize this is an older thread, but I'm trying to resurrect some discussion - specifically related to the Rough County High Winch Mount. I'm planning to install on Saturday along with the LOD frame horn brackets. I've read/seen mixed reviews on the Rough County finish resistance to rust. No steel item is rustproof, but I'm trying to extend the life/appearance of this thing.

So, does anybody have feedback on whether they've had rust issues since installing? I'm planning to coat/wipe down parts before and after install with CRC Marine Corrosion Inhibitor, which seems to be working well on my Bronco bolts, mod bumper, etc. after two winters in the salt belt (used to be the snow belt, but now we just get salt slush for three months). Hoping to avoid spraying with paint or bedliner before the installing if I can avoid it.

Thanks!
None.
I expected it but none yet.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!
Surprisingly rust free almost 2 years later.
Sponsored