Sponsored

Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regarding the sensor locks, I'm leaving them off for now; with the wires attached, the sensors seem to stay put, and are working properly. I'll figure some trick later to keep the sensors from backing out of the hole.

I'm also rethinking the BAMF bracket - I may instead use 3M locking velcro to hold the control unit on top of the fuse box - we'll see as I haven't taken measurements.
Sponsored

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regarding the sensor locks, I'm leaving them off for now; with the wires attached, the sensors seem to stay put, and are working properly. I'll figure some trick later to keep the sensors from backing out of the hole.

I'm also rethinking the BAMF bracket - I may instead use 3M locking velcro to hold the control unit on top of the fuse box - we'll see as I haven't taken measurements.
Here are some photos of mine with warn evo 12s. I used zip ties and electric tape to secure the sensors. About 3000 miles no issues. Also used Bamf relocation bracket. I did add an isolation switch as well but I don’t have any photos.

Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 8839D9B9-1576-4CC2-AF3B-905899564FEC
Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. E12F4FBB-A874-4893-862D-1CBCC5F89B97
Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 931A8A59-A51D-44F2-8202-253C55823776
Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 90BF0B99-B32B-497D-99B7-A23B0FF53C33
Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 4106DCC3-02B0-4B50-8762-3C6475133077

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I saw someone post a picture of the box mounted on top of the fuse box. Looks like a good location.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I rehoused my control internals into a project box and Velcro’d them on top the fuse box. The standard housing was too tall on my winch.

the sensor locks I cut about 3/4” off and used the round foam rubbers between the winch and sensor they aren’t going anywhere.

Last edited:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some photos of mine with warn evo 12s. I used zip ties and electric tape to secure the sensors. About 3000 miles no issues. Also used Bamf relocation bracket. I did add an isolation switch as well but I don’t have any photos.

Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 4106DCC3-02B0-4B50-8762-3C6475133077
Thanks for the pics!
I see you got a 12s to fit. Nice to know.
Also see the camera relocation bracket fits between the mount and the winch. I saw a few put it between the mount and fairlead, but I was hoping it would fit where yours is, closest to the grille.

Is that the JCR bar? I think TC somebody also makes a similar bumper bar.

Sponsored

ChrisInSC

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Grey Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the pics!
I see you got a 12s to fit. Nice to know.
Also see the camera relocation bracket fits between the mount and the winch. I saw a few put it between the mount and fairlead, but I was hoping it would fit where yours is, closest to the grille.

Is that the JCR bar? I think TC somebody also makes a similar bumper bar.
It certainly is JCR bar. Here is a pic of the Bamf under the hood. The camera relocation bracket required a quick trip to Lowe’s to grab longer bolts but was very easy.

Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 3C3B79DB-C15F-45F5-A8E0-2CF9AD4BA269

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 3C3B79DB-C15F-45F5-A8E0-2CF9AD4BA269
Great image! That's exactly the problem - those black brackets being too long and (along with the plastic lock) getting in the way of the winch. Presently I have the upper bracket trimmed off to just before the "slot" begins - this allows the winch to fit. The sensor is currently just sitting in there and not falling out due to surrounding tension from the connected wires and the hole perimeter.

For a more robust solution, I am considering the following: finding a right-sized/length round/square-profiled pin that would fit in the "slot" in the bracket, which would push against the tan-colored sensor tab (and thus the sensor unit) into the hole as much as possible and hold it there, then taping the pin down so that it wouldn't pop out; this would apply to both top and bottom brackets. See image below - the blue rectangle represents the "pin". A plastic stick of the right diameter trimmed to the right length should work (a green Starbucks drink stirrer?).

Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. BroncoSensorPin

I see that you've left off the bumper's recovery point plastic covers - I'm leaning that way as well - too much time's already been spent on this winch, and I wonder if I'd ever really use it!

I still have a JCR camera relo. bracket coming, as well as a Warn Epic Sidewinder hook replacement. That should do it for the winch project... oh wait, still have to hook up the electricals.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rehoused my control internals into a project box and Velcro’d them on top the fuse box. The standard housing was too tall on mine winch.

mom the sensor locks I cut about3/4” off and used the round foam rubbers between the winch and sensor they aren’t going anywhere.
Nice - do you have a photo of your project box? Do they sell it?

I also thought about the foam currently on the plastic locks - I might be able to make those serve the purpose, as you did.

Thanks.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice - do you have a photo of your project box? Do they sell it?

I also thought about the foam currently on the plastic locks - I might be able to make those serve the purpose, as you did.

Thanks.
this is what I bought. But I have the Apex winch. You would have to measure the warn stuff. I have the wireless remote stuff in the apex that took up a little more space. Def don’t go any taller than this the hood pad makes light contact on this one any thicker would deform the hood pad or it would need to be trimmed.
Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. 8DA3643B-11FB-46BE-8AF5-38AFB63BFBDD

Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. E6F8C4A5-2227-49E7-BD7E-8793A6BE02C8

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It certainly is JCR bar. Here is a pic of the Bamf under the hood. The camera relocation bracket required a quick trip to Lowe’s to grab longer bolts but was very easy.

Ford Bronco Rough country winch mount unbox/ INSTALL tips. E6F8C4A5-2227-49E7-BD7E-8793A6BE02C8
Was the BAMF bracket worth buying? I don't have resources to fab up a bracket from scratch, but most every bolt-on for me requires a little fitting which I'm fine with.

Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's official - the Warn control box does NOT fit on top of the fuse box, so I'm either building my own box (a la @'21OBX) or getting the BAMF.

Still waiting on the JCR camera reloc. kit to arrive - I was told by their rep. that it takes 1 - 3 weeks from the order date - I guess that they don't keep an inventory, since it's just the 8 of us in this thread placing orders? Lol.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this is what I bought. But I have the Apex winch. You would have to measure the warn stuff. I have the wireless remote stuff in the apex that took up a little more space. Def don’t go any taller than this the hood pad makes light contact on this one any thicker would deform the hood pad or it would need to be trimmed.

Did you bend the terminals, use 90 degree ones, or something else?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you bend the terminals, use 90 degree ones, or something else?
? Oh at the battery yes you need one 90* for the positive. Out of the project box no they come straight out I just re used the terminal cover at the end of my box.

ElBronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those that have installed this, did you install as the directions show and put it all together then mount to bumper? Or would I be able to install the main part of the mount to the bumper first, then the tray and winch last?

Installing by myself so that would be easier if possible.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that have installed this, did you install as the directions show and put it all together then mount to bumper? Or would I be able to install the main part of the mount to the bumper first, then the tray and winch last?

Installing by myself so that would be easier if possible.
I put the main part on then mounted the winch. It was a royal pain!! Took an hour or so longer to mount the winch. If I did it again I’d follow the directions and mount the winch to the plate first. Also if you get the light test for before starting. Mine was a really tight fit.
Sponsored