Sponsored

Sasquarch roof racks restricted from factory due to issues with GVWR; can still be installed aftermarket

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can build a Wildtrak with roof racks today! Woot!
Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please, this has not been verified.

Yes I know someone said they talked to a dealer / heard from a dealer but every single other thread prior to BNP release of anyone ’talking to a dealer’ has been wrong, way off or full of mis-information, and there s some vague language about GVWR in the FAQs.

But, until it’s officially verified in a real communication/email from Ford that this exactly WHY we cannot get a rack on a Sas/2.7, it’s just a rumor. This may be the reason or it may be another reason but let’s wait til we hear before everyone saying this IS the reason. I reserve the right to accept that GVWR is the reason but again, I won’t accept it until it’s verified.

Hoping it’s a BNP bug/error.
Lol the Base allows you to get the roof rack, Sasquatch Package, and the 2.7L in the B&P tool. Must be a higher trim issue. Sorry guys!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol the Base allows you to get the roof rack, Sasquatch Package, and the 2.7L in the B&P tool. Must be a higher trim issue. Sorry guys!
I'm guessing you mean on a 2 door which we all already know. I just tried a base 4 door, no dice.

Screenshot_20201026-091225_Chrome.jpg

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm guessing you mean on a 2 door which we all already know. I just tried a base 4 door, no dice.

Screenshot_20201026-091225_Chrome.jpg
You're right, I was stating that with the 2-door in mind. The OP didn't make the differentiation in his original post so I just assumed it was an all-model/2 and 4-door thing. I just hadn't gotten to the other posts yet and didn't know it was just a 4-door issue.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The overland concept had a 2.3 engine
Interesting. I didn't think about that. I wouldn't consider a 2.3 for a 4door with 315s, but if you want to load up the roof I guess it's one way to go.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I've settled on not getting rails or deadening from the factory. Realistically I don't need rails day 1 and can easily be added later, same with deadener. I dont want to forgo both the engine and sas just for those 2.
What is the deadener? I really want to minimize noise, but don’t mind doing something with the roof in the aftermarket if it’s possible. But I have no idea what Ford is doing to the roof to deaden the noise.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The thing that really gets me is the inability to build a 4 door Badlands with 2.7 and the sound deadening roof. Does it really peak the weight that much? Yet I can build a 2.7 badlands, sasquatch which will certainly add more weight than the sound deadening material in the roof.
This is why I think GVWR is not the answer to every "why can't I build it this way?" question. It might make sense for roof racks, but not for a lot of other things. A winch has got to weigh more than the sound deadening.

And then there's the fact that switching to the 2.7 on the BL also restricts you from adding PPF. No way the PPF has an impact on GVWR when so many other accessories don't.

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah the rails make sense if they are considering it being a top heavy add versus the wench being more center of gravity add, but the damn PPF or the sound deadener doesn't add but 5lbs? I'm more okay adding rails after the fact - the sound deadener, not really.

sean-florida

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious what the modular top does to weight. Also wondering if it's why it has been delayed. I bet they are trying to figure out ways to reduce its weight as I'm sure its a lot heavier than the MIC plastic.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

digging around, the 2.7 is a heavy mofo has an iron block twin turbos etc. the 2.3 is aluminum block and single turbo... soo GVWR counts max so roof is 400lbs static thats a lot to throw onto the calculation with passengers / rear cargo then the change in engine vs those beefy 210s and the BD disco, tire size, etc the list goes on and on. even the trans selection will make a difference, A10 will be lots more than the M7. I have a F150 with payload of 1881, 400 lb swing alone does make a pretty big difference if you get into towing (legally) and tongue weight allowed.

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The overland concept had a 2.3 engine
Interesting. I didn't think about that. I wouldn't consider a 2.3 for a 4door with 315s, but if you want to load up the roof I guess it's one way to go.
One of the Ford reps at Super Cel East told me that the Overland Concept had 35" tires, but was not Sasquatch. It has other components are are not part of the Sasquatch package. He didn't say the suspension, specifically, but more and more that's what I think he was getting at. It was the guy doing the talking in this video:

Sponsored