Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Search the topic here on Bronco6g. People have posted not only the replacement crash bars which give higher clearance (search my posts) and others have posted thr NHTSA regs on thr matter.

As usual, the answer to your question is only a few button clicks away!
Kind of self serving. Helpful with a smile not. :ROFLMAO:
The self serving part was you trying to be cute and funny. Not only did it not work, but I quite clearly stated in my initial post in this thread that I, and others, have made prior contributions to this very topic on B6g.

In this thread, your contribution to the quality of this forum is to discourage people from researching or searching on a topic.

Bravo, I'm sure that would make this a better place. (Golf clap)
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Norderwurm

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This really is a non issue. The crash bars are only applicable in an overlap head on collision at a very specific angle and speed. With modern cars, it's easy to forget how incredibly safe they are compared to vehicles 20-30 years ago. Even the vehicles with the lowest crash/safety ratings are incredibly safe. To suffer real injury/death in a crash now requires some combination of high speed, alcohol/substance influence, bad weather, and a massive disparity in vehicle sizes.
Worry about drunk drivers, worry about icey bridges. Don't worry about crash bars.

Whelan007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can't control drunk drivers you can control crash bars.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm taking mine out the first day the bronco sits in my driveway. And calling it weight savings. Cause she's a big bitch lol
Ford Bronco Sasquatch Crash Bars Delete youre-right-breaking-bad

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, yes I have.
I'm not the world's smartest smarty type person, so I have to use old fashioned common sense.

Search words used: crash bar
By: Rick Astley

Result:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/high-clearance-anti-intrusion-beams.11527/

I don't know, this is not difficult. It's a standard search engine.

For reference, I'm in accounting, not IT or anything tech based.
Funny you talk about wasting time. Yet, here you are. Wasting your own personal time complaining about others wasting time. I just don't get why people can't be nice to strangers. Seriously, would you ever actually talk to a stranger like this in person?

Hey, what time is it?
You: I can't believe you're asking what time it is when you could just look at your phone. Let me show you what you should've done instead!!

Be happier in life.

NOT TO MENTION by OP's posting this, I am learning new things out about the Bronco. So people like me actually appreciate these posts - grumpy accounting guy notwithstanding.

Last edited:

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only question I have ...is what will your insurance company say if you remove them !!!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can't control drunk drivers you can control crash bars.

You can also just sit on the couch and wait for a meteorite to come through the roof.

People act like the addition or removal of this small piece of metal is like time travel to a model T. The Bronco is safe. With or without that piece of metal. Did all of you grow up in Volvo's?
If it scares you, move on to something else. It's a non issue, but some of you need to move on, as it seems you think your family is destined to die a horrible fiery death due to it not being there.

If you are really worried about safety, put your damn phone up when you get behind the wheel.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny you talk about wasting time. Yet, here you are. Wasting your own personal time complaining about others wasting time. I just don't get why people can't be nice to strangers. Seriously, would you ever actually talk to a stranger like this?
Isn't resurrecting a year old post to scold a veteran contributor to the board while contributing zero to the original topic and overall knowledge base of the forum a waste of everyone's time? And yes I see the irony in my post as well.

Sponsored

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

have you used the search function on here? It's sometimes better just asking the question again and makes even more sense when the topic has been buried by tons of other stuff
Easiest way to search this forum and ANY other:

Go to Google or your search engine of choice:

"Your EXACT search terms here" site:https://www.bronco6g.com/forum

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crash bars are not required. It was something ford added to the f150 years ago but only the super crew had them. It just helps them raise the safety ratings for a crash.
Yep, never owned a vehicle with them before. I won't miss them.;)

jubangas

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't resurrecting a year old post to scold a veteran contributor to the board while contributing zero to the original topic and overall knowledge base of the forum a waste of everyone's time? And yes I see the irony in my post as well.
You can blame Bronco6g for putting to the top of my topic list. And who is "everyone"? Do you think Bronco6g pings all members when posts discussing you are brought up?

Regardless, you scolding the OP was ridiculous.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Crash bars with the smaller tires reduce the risk of the wheel being shoved into the vehicle's footwell, causing broken feet/legs in an offset head-on crash. The 35" and larger tires CAN'T be forced into the footwell and will naturally keep them out.
Sponsored