Sponsored

Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers)

OP
OP
Bwillford

Bwillford

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Going to be impossible to find a lighter 315/70R17 than factory rock throwers. It's the lightest available.

Load C 315/70R17:
52 lbs OEM Goodyear Wrangler Territory
62 lbs BFG KO2
66 lbs Toyo Open Country AT III
67 lbs Nitto Recon Grappler AT
71 lbs Falken WildPeak AT3W
I’m not that worried about weight. It is a consideration, but lower on my priority list. Thanks for the input though.
Sponsored

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like my Nitto Trail Grapplers.. No more rock throwing and they look great.
Local shop gave me $800 credit for my original Goodyears that only had 500 miles on them....so that was cool too :)

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers) 0607231748_HDR~2

Ford Bronco Sasquatch Tire Replacement (Rock Flingers) 0308231743_HDR~2

Rodeoman

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, Sequoia, 2500 hd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are those 35/12.5R17? What lift did you use? Who’s the mileage? Any rubbing issues? I’m thinking of going 285/75/R17 because I thought they would make the steelies look small but they look great on yours
Thank you for the compliment. You are correct they are 35/12.5/17. My Bronco came with the 2” Ford Performance lift. The crash bars were removed and I had no rubbing. I since add a .75 body lift and 1.5” wheel spacers to get a little more aggressive. One issue I have today is I added a 12k Zion winch and the weight pulled the front down about 1.5”. I have been looking at an option of adding leveling spacers to regain the height. I might change the springs to a stiffer spring. I just haven’t decided. I have the 2.3L and get 21MPG. I drive 80% highway and usually stay under 75 mph. My next set of tires I considered 37”, but I’m hearing the mileage drops to 13…..I can’t handle that.

what I like most about these tires are the low road noise. They also are wearing very well with 50K target (5 tire rotation)

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm currently running the Nitto Recon grapplers and they have been great overall but still get the occasional rock fling. I was previously running Kenda Klevers and they were great...had they been available in the size I wanted I would have gone back to them.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great post. The rock throwing is a serious fault from the factory Sas tires. I installed the Mabbett mud flaps before we went on our first serious trip down dirt roads, light 4 wheeling, etc. for a week. Didn't help much. I wish I had stopped and had a screw driver and manually removed the rocks before driving on pavement after the dirt roads. Rock chips everywhere on the lower half of the doors. Probably 20 bad ones each side. I seriously wanted to re-paint the doors but settled for touch up paint for now. From what I have read, the BFG K02's seem to be a good option for replacements. I won't go down dirt roads again unless I plan to remove rocks manually or replace the tires. Too much damage from rock flinging.

Sponsored

Freebird32

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F150 4x4, 82 Toyota 4x4 orig owner, 08 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed the Mabbett mud flaps before we went on our first serious trip down dirt roads, light 4 wheeling, etc. for a week. Didn't help much.
I was considering those mudflaps. Do you have the factory steps on your Sas Bronco?

I have had good luck with Nittos on my F150, they didn’t require a lot of weight to balance and they stayed balanced longer than Goodyears. Recently replaced with Coopers and i like them. I will look at Cooper when i have to replace the Sas Goodyears on my Bronco.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello, I love the aggressive look of the stock 315/70R17 Goodyear Territory MT tires, but can not stand the amount of rocks it flings. I only have 1,800 miles, 99% on highway so far and already have two nice rock chips in my paint. I want to replace them and would love suggestions. I want to retain the "aggressive" look of the stock MT tires but with something that picks up far less rocks. I live in MI and most of my driving will be on highway and gravel roads with both rain and snow driving. I appreciate any suggestions as I am new at buying tires and have no experience. :)

My tire wish list:
1. Picks up and flings almost no rocks (I understand that with an AT or MT tire I will pick up some rocks)
2. Has an "aggressive" look (I know this may be subjective)
3. Good for mostly highway and gravel roads (rain and snow)
my recommendation would be to troll the raptor forum classifieds and find a set of oem KO2 take offs with low miles. should be perfect for your use, they don't pick up rocks like the oem goodyears, and most importantly they look good.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was considering those mudflaps. Do you have the factory steps on your Sas Bronco?

I have had good luck with Nittos on my F150, they didn’t require a lot of weight to balance and they stayed balanced longer than Goodyears. Recently replaced with Coopers and i like them. I will look at Cooper when i have to replace the Sas Goodyears on my Bronco.
I do not have the factory steps. The mud flaps were easy to install and look great. I thought they would keep all rocks off the body but they got through somehow. Not sure if it was from the front or rear tires, or both. I had rock chips just from daily driving and the Mabbetts help a lot to keep grime and mud off the body so they are good investment and I like the design.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be looking at getting Falken Wildpeaks, Mickey Thompson Baja Bosses, or Nitto Trail Grapplers, which are all aggressive looking tires (I have KO2s on my very light Chevy pickup and am not looking at those).

However I live in Texas and don't know if those all fit your northern requirements. Especially snow. I would try to make sure whatever you get recommended fits those requirements; I see a lot of southerners offering suggestions. A lot of good/great tires miss one of the main performance categories, and I think snow performance is harder to find.

One thing I'd really pay attention to is load range. The reason I don't like my KO2's is that they're E-rated and perform poorly on slick roads (not even wet, they peel out everywhere).

Sponsored

Barny227

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler jk
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh how I hate the Goodyear Territory tires. They are the worse tire that I have ever seen at picking up and holding onto rocks.
Short list of tires that I am looking at.
Kenda Klever M/T2
BFG mud-terrain KM-3
Yokohama Geolander M/T
Goodyear duratrac
I am going up to a 37 and weight of the tire is a huge concern for me

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When mine go bad I will be looking at GY Durtrac or Ultratrain form Discount Tire.

I decided I didn't want rock chip either, so I put on a set of mud flaps. I can take them off pretty fast when I want to go out and play on the rocks and mud.

The mud flaps keeps the side pretty clean as well.

Mud Flaps
We will be happy to assist you when you are ready to make your purchase! We are here to help!

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Recommend finding the tires you want online and then having discount price match. Just paid $268 for K02s. I think discount wanted about $100 more each tire on their website.
Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business! Much appreciated.

Just a friendly reminder...Discount Tire does maintain a Low Price Promise. We will match competitor pricing on all product that we sell. If you have questions please feel free to reach out.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m planning on going to Yokohama Geolander M/T but may be too much for your mostly road driving…

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello, I love the aggressive look of the stock 315/70R17 Goodyear Territory MT tires, but can not stand the amount of rocks it flings. I only have 1,800 miles, 99% on highway so far and already have two nice rock chips in my paint. I want to replace them and would love suggestions. I want to retain the "aggressive" look of the stock MT tires but with something that picks up far less rocks. I live in MI and most of my driving will be on highway and gravel roads with both rain and snow driving. I appreciate any suggestions as I am new at buying tires and have no experience. :)

My tire wish list:
1. Picks up and flings almost no rocks (I understand that with an AT or MT tire I will pick up some rocks)
2. Has an "aggressive" look (I know this may be subjective)
3. Good for mostly highway and gravel roads (rain and snow)
I installed Gatorbacks when ai first got my black bronco to protect the paint. I have never got a rock chip with zero offset wheels even. Gatorbacks are pricey but they provide coverage and you can remove the bottom if needed in about 5 seconds. Had the metal plate podercoated so silver bronco logo is now black. IAG running boards also help a little every once in a while I will hear a ping from a piece of gravel bouncing off the bottom being blocked.

20230729_173326.jpg

20230729_173326.jpg

PXL_20211206_231244872.MP.jpg
Sponsored