Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, let me start off by saying that this forum has been extremely helpful and wealth of information.. i’m new to this world, so I certainly had a lot to learn.
as per the title, I’m having second thoughts about my badlands, and I would love some feedback, or if you all could poke holes at my reasoning, or help me out with things that i may not be thinking about..
Here’s some background info: I don’t off-road, but I loved the looks of the bronco, and what I did want out of my next car was a stick shift transmission. I’ve been following Ford for a few months waiting for them to allow new orders with a manual transmission. Since that wasn’t happening, I took to the used market, specifically 2022, either black diamond or Badlands.

now, I mentioned that I don’t off-road, and the possibility that I do in the next few years is very low, I don’t have the time between work and kids, etc. I live in Florida, so the most would be maybe send, beach driving, if even that. So road driving for me more than 99.8% of the time.
Obviously, the base model would be more than enough to handle my needs, but I decided to step up to at least black diamond. However going for something that had few miles was important to me so I pulled the trigger on a 2022 badlands advanced that only has 2600 miles, and the ‘right’ color (area 51).
I picked up the car yesterday, about 150 miles away from me, and drove it home, thinking how gorgeous it is, but in the back of my mind I also kept thinking about how I will not make use of 99.9% of what it offers. At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless I’m mistaken).
Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc. but I am now wondering if I should sell it and instead buy a black diamond with similar, low miles, also a 2022 model. The orange vs blue makes no difference to me. The appearance differences in the grill and wheels also don’t matter to me, if anything, maybe the less aggressive wheels in the black diamond would help a bit with road comfort and a tad on mpg, so that would be welcomed for my use case.

I traded in my previous vehicle and paid the difference in cash so I own the car out right. If I went the black diamond route, I would probably save about 6–7 K which I could put towards a hard top maybe or just towards my savings account. and then sleep a bit better at night knowing that I will have a car that is much closer aligned to my needs and use, while still providing 99% functionality that I Won’t use day to day but is there in case I ever ever need it.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entry….without having to click the fob.
Lastly, if I was to build and order directly from Ford, I would have never gone with a badlands just because of my needs, but this just happened to be as a resale, and I thought about resale value and why not the extra bells and whistles. The very things that I am now asking myself if it’s even worth having and paying for if you’ll never use it.

Has anyone been in similar situation? does my reasoning make sense, or am I just experiencing buyers remorse here?
Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I’ll wade in. At the risk of being flogged for heresy, I wager 90% of the Broncos sold won’t be used to their fullest capabilities so I wouldn’t let that weigh too heavy in your decision.
Having said that, reading your post again it seems like you know your answer. I’m not going to tell you to keep or sell based on vehicle capability but rather your personal wants and needs.

It’s your vehicle so just get what you like. It’s a lot of money either way so be happy.
You can’t go wrong here. All options are good.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good news is the Bronco will hold its value (for the most part), and you own it outright.

So I would just keep an eye out and see if another Bronco becomes available that is more in-line with what you actually need. 2024MY order banks should also open in the next 2-4 months, so if manual transmission becomes available to order again, you can always place an order and get the handful of missing items you were wanting (like a hard top).

You'll have no problems trading in your Badlands, and because your Badlands will likely be worth more than whatever you trade it in for... you probably will pocket some cash in the exchange.

I wager 90% of the Broncos sold won’t be used to their fullest capabilities so I wouldn’t let that weigh too heavy in your decision.
☝ Speaks truth

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I’ll wade in. At the risk of being flogged for heresy, I wager 90% of the Broncos sold won’t be used to their fullest capabilities so I wouldn’t let that weigh too heavy in your decision.
Having said that, reading your post again it seems like you know your answer. I’m not going to tell you to keep or sell based on vehicle capability but rather your personal wants and needs.

It’s your vehicle so just get what you like. It’s a lot of money either way so be happy.
Thanks for your 2 cents. Much appreciated!

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IMO, seems like you’re worried how you’ll be perceived about owning the Bronco. If I’m wrong, sorry. Suffice to say, I would venture to guess that it’s under 40% of owners that take them off road. It’s your option. It’s a good daily driver for everything else, including hauling stuff small enough to fit in the back.

But, and that’s the caveat, if you’re not happy, sell it and move on. Good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The good news is the Bronco will hold its value (for the most part), and you own it outright.

So I would just keep an eye out and see if another Bronco becomes available that is more in-line with what you actually need. 2024MY order banks should also open in the next 2-4 months, so if manual transmission becomes available to order again, you can always place an order and get the handful of missing items you were wanting (like a hard top).

You'll have no problems trading in your Badlands, and because your Badlands will likely be worth more than whatever you trade it in for... you probably will pocket some cash in the exchange.

☝ Speaks truth
Thanks For your input! Do you think the badlands will go down in value much in the following few months? It’s also a manual which the demand is not quite there for relative to the automatic that is.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, seems like you’re worried how you’ll be perceived about owning the Bronco. If I’m wrong, sorry. Suffice to say, I would venture to guess that it’s under 40% of owners that take them off road. It’s your option. It’s a good daily driver for everything else, including hauling stuff small enough to fit in the back.

But, and that’s the caveat, if you’re not happy, sell it and move on. Good luck.
thanks!!
im not really concerned much about how I’m perceived. I guess it’s mostly just wondering out loud if I would get more value out of that $6-7k difference in something else. Or put differently I guess I’m wondering if I overpaid 😀😀 (oris it overspend 🤔

Last edited:

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. I have the 1 Badlands 2 Sasquatch 3 Lux. And I'm never gonna use it to it's full potential (locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, crawl gear). But there were things I (and the wife) wanted (black leather trim, heating steering wheel, lift and tires) and the combination of the 3 gave them to me. I still have second thoughts because of the price. But it was either this, or another Jeep. And I wasn't gonna get another Jeep, so...... Do I love it? HELL YES!

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

thanks!!
im not really concerned much about how I’m perceived. I guess it’s mostly just wondering out loud if I would get more value out of that $6-7k difference in something else. Or put differently I guess I’m wondering if I overpaid 😀😀
In the world we live in now, everything we get, we overpay, 😂😂😂

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I bought my badlands knowing it was a daily driver first, with some excursions off to the trails occasionally. Like @Mdozier said you probably already know your answer. Pick what you want, & enjoy it.
For me this truck works out perfectly where I can do some utility towing, go off-road, get some sun on the nice days, get dirty on the trails when the opportunity presents itself(somtimes it may be unplanned !) and take my wife & 2 dogs comfortably where ever we go. The bronco checks all my boxes. Ask yourself what boxes it checks, make the choice and enjoy it!

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I say keep it and make a family trip out somewhere where you can use is it to it's full potential. Take the family on camping road trip out west or something.

Life is about enabling yourself to do things. Not limiting yourself...

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do what makes you happy and content (sounds like you know)..........we as people generally buy more than we really need at first, whether it be a house, a boat, toilet paper or a vehicle.

OP
OP
Non_Creative

Non_Creative

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I have the 1 Badlands 2 Sasquatch 3 Lux. And I'm never gonna use it to it's full potential (locking diffs, sway bar disconnect, crawl gear). But there were things I (and the wife) wanted (black leather trim, heating steering wheel, lift and tires) and the combination of the 3 gave them to me. I still have second thoughts because of the price. But it was either this, or another Jeep. And I wasn't gonna get another Jeep, so...... Do I love it? HELL YES!
😀 hah. I test drove a jeep last weekend and it felt meh…..again….just road driving as I’m sure it’s a very capable vehicle off-road)

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

At most maybe the 4A when we get Florida rain (although 4H would accomplish the same thing unless I’m mistaken).

Price was about 57K plus taxes, etc.

By the way. What I would have loved as silly as it sounds is remote keyless entry….without having to click the fob.
Do not use 4H on pavement driving around town

Does your Bronco not even have mid package? Intelligent Access is the feature you want as stated in your post. Did you spend 57k for a Bronco that doesn't even have the mid package?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.