Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a serious, honest question.

I just got back from the Texas off rodeo event near Austin. Got to try out all the two-door and four-door trims, minus the FE. Had a blast. Highly recommend to people attend if you can attend.

The one thing I noticed is the velocity blue color just struck my eye. I love that color. Unfortunately I ordered a carbonized gray two-door badlands. With the 2.7 L V6, non-Sasquatch. Hi package trim. And the optional bead lock wheels.

Im tempted to just take delivery and sell it, and save my money until I can get a velocity blue model - but I’m also worried that the color will be discontinued or it may take me three years to get a bronco if I order one again.

Of course by then I will probably have a kid and need a four-door.

Curious what others here think I may be able to get for my two-door badlands. I figured if I can make $5,000-$10,000 off the top, maybe it is worth taking delivery and selling it in the aftermarket. But then part of me just feels bad and thinks I should just let somebody else buy it.

Figured the dealer will to do this anyways, So why not make some money. Wait 2 years, and get the one I want.

i’m supposed to take delivery next week. very torn. 🤔
Sponsored

Jmet8

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I just got back from the Texas off rodeo event near Austin. Got to try out all the two-door and four-door trims, minus the FE. Had a blast. Highly recommend to people attend if you can attend.

The one thing I noticed is the velocity blue color just struck my eye. I love that color. Unfortunately I ordered a carbonized gray two-door badlands. With the 2.7 L V6, non-Sasquatch. Hi package trim. And the optional bead lock wheels.

Im tempted to just take delivery and sell it, and save my money until I can get a velocity blue model - but I’m also worried that the color will be discontinued or it may take me three years to get a bronco if I order one again.

Curious what others here think I may be able to get for my two-door badlands. I figured if I can make $5,000-$10,000 off the top, maybe it is worth taking delivery and selling it in the aftermarket. But then part of me just feels bad and thinks I should just let somebody else buy it.

Figured the dealer will to do this anyways, So why not make some money. Wait 2 years, and get the one I want.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well you can probably get more than 5-10k more for it.

Jmet8

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that color is going to be gone for 22. You may want to check it out.

Sponsored

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Put the money in your pocket instead of the dealers. It your option to buy. Don’t feel bad about making money on a high demand commodity you were able to get before others.

I suspect you can get a bigger premium on a 2 dr vs 4 dr because it seems there are fewer 2 doors being built (100% hard tops).

I guess what I’m saying is regardless if you decide to keep it or not, you should buy it.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really don’t see a lot of people jumping on it with that kind of mark up. Most enthusiasts (who would be willing to pay a mark up) have already ordered exactly what they want and for better or worse are committed to the process of waiting. I doubt non Bronco people or just admirers are going to pay a premium.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I really don’t see a lot of people jumping on it with that kind of mark up. Most enthusiasts (who would be willing to pay a mark up) have already ordered exactly what they want and for better or worse are committed to the process of waiting. I doubt non Bronco people or just admirers are going to pay a premium.
Where have you been hiding? Broncos are going at dealership for 15-20k over msrp.

jasony2069

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude, first and foremost always do what’s right for you, there’s always pros and cons but in the end it’s what fits your wants, desires and needs.

That said if the color is going to bother you, you need to sell it, if you’re going to play the wish I had game it’ll take the joy out of owning the vehicle.

On the other hand it’s a Bronco, a “2021 Bronco”, let me repeat that a “2021 Bronco”, drop mic!

Good luck with your decision, and congratulations on having a delivery date, that’s a win in itself!

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is just wrong. It's not average people buying Broncos at resell prices right now, it's well to do folks who want that new new and are willing to pay instead of wait. Easy 20k profit on all trims if you put in the effort.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both colors are really nice in my opinion I would keep your carbonized gray it looks great

Gtbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Ford Ranger, 2007 Honda Shadow
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@TyGuy40 I test drove a bronco at my dealership. The sales rep was telling me someone passed on their order and they are marking up 10K on all broncos passed by reservation holders. If you want to sell, pocket the money yourself, not the stealership.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My thing is that's it's a unique time to be able to buy a very in demand vehicle for a reasonable price and sell it for a large profit. Why should just the Dealers be able to do this. In six months the market "could" be saturated and that opportunity no longer will exist. Contemplating it my self.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You’ll have to pay sales tax (6.25%) and dealer fees so factor that in. I would just wrap it if your that in love with VB. It’ll be a long time before another one would be built.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Buy it. Keep the miles low or even store it if you have another vehicle to drive. Trade it in on the Bronco you want later. Or sell it to the highest bidder when the market is right.
Sponsored