BostonBroncoGuy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Big Bend 2dr Race Red
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I have a 2022 Big Bend 2dr hard top, with BFG KO2 on the factory wheels. I took delivery in December 22, but I just heard from a local dealer who has a 23 Wildtrak 2dr that he’s offering for about 3K above MSRP. Do I sell my Big Bend? If so, what can I expect to get for it?
Sponsored

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't, just tell me who the dealer is so I can get a replacement to my base!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do I sell my Big Bend? If so, what can I expect to get for it?
Seems like the market is a bit softer now😳 , you might be able to recover MSRP for a non-squatched Bronco right now.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you embraced the off road spirit or just want the look? I bought off the lot and we fully embraced off roading. Put almost 8k in my non sas OBX. Then sold it. It was going to cost 5-6k to get the front locker and matching gear swapped in. If you are going to use the equipment it’s probably worth it. The market is going downhill fast. I kept some mods and got over msrp for my OBX this week. A ‘21 with 11,500 miles on it. But I think those days are limited.

Sponsored

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
no. paying over msrp is not smart at this point. Dealers are still trying to get it and the cars are not selling. Some dealers near me selling for MSRP have them not selling. That lets us know the markets changed and its most likely going to continue in that trend until rates get lower. Dealers say stuff like "you can buy it and sell it for more" and I replied "then how come you havent sold this one yet?" WHen they were asking 2500 over msrp. This was a month ago and its till for sale. They said "oh we can sell it to another dealer for that much" which I replied "then how come it isnt sold". They said on we want to build relationship with customers not a dealer...SURE. How about you start building a relationship without screwing people over. Then theres the few dealers still trying to get 10k over and I just laugh. I bet in 6 months over msrp wont be a thing at most dealers and anyone left with stock they over paid for will take a huge loss on.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems like you have some FOMO... You wouldn't be gaining much and would just be throwing away money.

The better move, since you already have a Bronco to tide you over, would be to order the exact one you want from Ford at MSRP and wait the year to get it.

You can bolt on all the parts to make yours look like a Wildtrak, so unless you get an HE (unique colorway) or Badlands w/sway-bar disconnect, you wouldn't gaining much besides an 1" lift and bigger tires while losing overall articulation (compared to Badlands suspension w/33" KO2's).

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would make the swap and take the Wildtrak if it’s got the Hoss 3.0. The Wildtrak will be much harder to find for a while and who knows when they will start making them again. If your current Bronco is a 2.3L automatic you are getting the 2.7L, if current is a 2.3L manual than it’s a harder choice for me as I won’t buy an automatic. I agree that we only live once, so buy what you want as long as you can afford it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BostonBroncoGuy

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Big Bend 2dr Race Red
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After going to see the WT, I decided to keep my current Bronco. While it’s an upgrade to what I have, I just couldn’t justify it to myself.
It also didn’t help that the car was dirty when I went to test drive it, and there were a decent amount of superficial scratches on both doors. They assured me they could wet sand them and repair it, but it wasn’t a good first impression. I also got the impression that the dealer was worried it wouldn’t sell, is this actually the case? I’d assume there’s still a high demand for these cars overall.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good choice!

lemonslush

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco, plaid S, xc90, rivian, element
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
try Carmax first and use that as a barometer what you know your cars worth. Ask the dealer what they would give you for a trade in also remember you get a tax break on the trade in towards the other vehicle.
Sponsored