Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Factory 4 door set up comes with a fuel tank skid plate. I am on the fence with a factory set up as I am going to use them. Like above, factory skid would have saved the tank strap, but if you landed on it you would still get a nice dent.

Tried ordering yesterday but ended up playing phone tag. Even tried to order factory skids through my local dealer and they don't want the business unless they get the install.
The factory fuel tank skid is decently beefy it’s 1/4” or better thick for most of the bottom the. It time is two layers welded together. I bet it weighs 75lbs or so. At least it feels like it lol. I was a little surprised when I put mine on. I want be rock crawling in the bear future but the tank looked so vulnerable I wanted something over it.
Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will Mabett is the only one making a Transmission Guard Plate which i do not understand why the other company haven't made one.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2-door so already have the gas tank skid from factory. Also have the modular front bumper which includes the front skid plate. Recently purchased just the transfer case skid plate from Ruxer but now looking for the middle engine skid plate separately. Haven’t been able to find it anywhere. Anyone know where to find the middle one that covers oil pan?
I got one from Village Ford. Just under $100 but shipping was a bit high because of size/weight.

PN Be sure to double check

MB3Z-5B018-A​
Plate​

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your engine skid should also be steel.
I’m pretty new to all this, as this is my first real off roading vehicle (98 Durango, 12 4Runner 2wd, and 16 Tundra) but that looks and sounds awful plastic to me
Other than the front plate, it’s pretty vulnerable.

85646CA1-D1E7-4086-A8EA-F18761A8411B.jpeg

FE7B324C-517C-4A8B-87BA-BA0DB001CBD6.jpeg

27F84D49-9F6A-45C9-B4F3-4547D6962AB3.jpeg

Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your engine skid should also be steel.
My WT oilpan plate is most definitely plastic.

My bash plate is as well, but that's because I'm an idiot sandwich and thought retrofitting the mod bumper could be done relatively inexpensive after the sale.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m pretty new to all this, as this is my first real off roading vehicle (98 Durango, 12 4Runner 2wd, and 16 Tundra) but that looks and sounds awful plastic to me
Other than the front plate, it’s pretty vulnerable.

Ford Bronco Skid plate purchase opinions 27F84D49-9F6A-45C9-B4F3-4547D6962AB3

With the modular bumper you get the steel front skid and the steel oil pan skid. The transmission is exposed on all of the models.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My WT oilpan plate is most definitely plastic.

My bash plate is as well, but that's because I'm an idiot sandwich and thought retrofitting the mod bumper could be done relatively inexpensive after the sale.
oh, okay. Makes sense now.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

With the modular bumper you get the steel front skid and the steel oil pan skid. The transmission is exposed on all of the models.
Not sure what you’re looking at, but that’s clearly an unprotected gas tank and when you knock on it, it’s 100% plastic. There’s no steel there. 🤷🏼‍♂️

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure what you’re looking at, but that’s clearly an unprotected gas tank and when you knock on it, it’s 100% plastic. There’s no steel there. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yes, the t-case and gas tank skid are exposed as well, I was just answering his question about the oil pan skid being metal and not plastic.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Issue with Ford skid plates is the Dealer, both my local dealers are scummy. Neither wanted to bother using my Ford points, going to another one tomorrow.

The factory fuel tank skid is decently beefy it’s 1/4” or better thick for most of the bottom the. It time is two layers welded together. I bet it weighs 75lbs or so. At least it feels like it lol. I was a little surprised when I put mine on. I want be rock crawling in the bear future but the tank looked so vulnerable I wanted something over it.
You made me take a second look at factory skid plates.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Issue with Ford skid plates is the Dealer, both my local dealers are scummy. Neither wanted to bother using my Ford points, going to another one tomorrow.

You made me take a second look at factory skid plates.
When it stops raining I’ll grab a couple pics.

OP
OP
Snacktime

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a gamble, I ended going full skids just because skids are cheaper than any part you damage(tank, transmission, differential). Factory tank will take a beating but one sharp rock or stick will kill it. Got to remember that older fuel tanks are metal and can take a dent. Plastic tends to crack or deform and weaken.

I wouldn't buy skid plates if I wasn't going to run a few trails or offroad parks.
Sponsored