Sponsored

So I had the 1” Zone lift and new wheels installed yesterday. Tell me y’all’s opinions on the shops work.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven't seen work this shitty since we found lamp wire and wire nuts on chase lights.
Sponsored

OP
OP

TimJones1414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please name the shop, I am in MS too and don't want to go there... BTW, your not being a prick about this. They obviously don't know what they are doing and dont care.
H&H. Columbus MS. They do various truck accessories so figured they’d be good at it. Guess not.

OP
OP

TimJones1414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Called them this morning about it and manager acted like I was being a prick about it. Sent him pictures and he bought two new wheels but acted like I needed to split the cost

IMG_3769.jpeg

IMG_3768.jpeg

IMG_3762.jpeg

IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_3753.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg
The shop is H&H in Columbus MS for anyone wondering. I’ll post a pic of the after because I am happy with the looks.. just not the work they did. Maybe someone has considered these wheels and this will help them.

IMG_3765.jpeg

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The shop is H&H in Columbus MS for anyone wondering. I’ll post a pic of the after because I am happy with the looks.. just not the work they did. Maybe someone has considered these wheels and this will help them.

Ford Bronco So I had the 1” Zone lift and new wheels installed yesterday. Tell me y’all’s opinions on the shops work. IMG_3765
Pretty bad workmanship! I would be livid! If your truck is gonna get destroyed it should be by you! Not some loser shop! We can blow them up?

OP
OP

TimJones1414

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty bad workmanship! I would be livid! If your truck is gonna get destroyed it should be by you! Not some loser shop! We can blow them up?
Well they bought two new wheels already. But mentioned splitting the cost. I told him I’m not splitting anything. I’m waiting hear back. I’ll let you know though lol

Sponsored

WoolyBugger

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline / 2dr. Base 7 spd. EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco So I had the 1” Zone lift and new wheels installed yesterday. Tell me y’all’s opinions on the shops work. IMG_3765
Looks good! Thanks

V1Rotate

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well they bought two new wheels already. But mentioned splitting the cost. I told him I’m not splitting anything. I’m waiting hear back. I’ll let you know though lol
In what universe does someone expect to “split the cost” of damage done by a paid professional shop. Wild times.
I totally realize that not everybody has the means, time, know-how,(fill-in-the-blank) to do everything themselves but this is a prime example of why I don’t want anyone else’s stink on any of my stuff. At least (when) i screw something up it’s my own fault lol

Last edited:

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be more concerned about the UCAs, I had a similar incident on the aluminum control arms on the rear of my explorer. The arm failed 2 weeks after the work was done and the wheel/Knuckle/Brake came off the car.

There are plenty of removal methods that wont cause damage like that.

miko2367

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the stock upper control arms that don't even have 50 miles on them. Let me know if interested in buying them. Good luck with the incompetent shop morons that ruined yours. It's terrible that a so called professional shop doesn't know how to do the easiest job there is.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In what universe does someone expect to “split the cost” of damage done by a paid professional shop. Wild times.
I totally realize that not everybody has the means, time, know-how,(fill-in-the-blank) to do everything themselves but this is a prime example of why I don’t want anyone else’s stink on any of my stuff. At least (when) i screw something up it’s my own fault lol
100%. Unfortunately, this is how the world is now with pretty much everything. If you don’t do it yourself, expect a shit job at a high price.

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expect my wheels to look new and they would be replacing them . Those UCAs though !

They would be lucky if they thought I was being a prick about it . I'd skip being a prick and jump straight to being a BIG F'ing DICK .

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would probably be in a jail cell if this was my Bronco! With how those UCA's look, how was the suspension put back together? Are you driving a ticking time bomb and and something is about to fall apart. If they did that taking it apart who knows how it all went back together.

So glad I'm a DIY kind of guy...

TacosTuesday

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
holy hell, talk about sh*t work. make them replace all the damaged stuff

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wheels wouldn't be a big concern to me, the way that they beat the shit out of the UCA's would have me thinking something could be bent
Why would that not concern you?

Some people just baffle me.

If the wheels were scuffed up by the shop and not you, it's called damage. End of story. They should be treating your stuff better than they treat their own. Notice I didn't say as good as they treat their stuff as many shop mechanics don't care for their own kit in my experience.
Regarding the UCA's? Wow. What was going through their minds when they did that? They need to be replaced.
That kind of damage because the mechanic can't be bothered to either purchase the right tool for the job? Can't take the time to go and get the right tool from the toolbox? Doesn't have the level of training to understand how to do this without damaging running gear, and can't be bothered to read the instructions? Whatever the reason, it's the shop owners fault for employing this person and therefore his responsibility again for replacing what are clearly damaged suspension components.

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As others have stated, terrible work. There is no reason to use a hammer for this job with the proper tools.
Stories like this is the reason I do without if I can’t do it myself.
Sponsored