Sponsored

So, you’re now MY22... are you changing your build?

Are You Upgrading Now that You’re a MY22?

• Total voters

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I anticipated a late summer, early fall delivery and was dead set on my build on January 19. Now with time means more financial flexibility.

I’ll be totally honest, $50K was my puke point. I had exactly what I wanted at around $49K, then they updated the B&P for the 2.7 + Auto (if anyone remembers that) and next thing I knew, I was over $50K.

I checked my finances and while I could do it, I still hesitated. Finally, I succumbed to the fact the MOD Top & 2.7 was really what I wanted on my Badlands. After much deliberation, I was good. Then 3/25 struck and rather than late September delivery, I’m looking at (hell if I know) 2022. So, +3 months on my budget.

Sucks, but on a positive, maybe it just means I add something that I either hadn’t considered because of the price, or add something I was planning to do later just because I liked the idea of a specific monthly payment. I’ve come up with at least 3 options:

1.) Tow Package + Bike Rack
2.) Additional Soft Top (2 Door) to pair w/Mod Top
3.) Upgrade from Mid to High

There’s no priority here, but I will admit that the High Package wasn’t on my list until I realized how expensive adding a stupid bike rack was ($1K! TF!?). Once I realized that, the High Package for $1,200 more became a LOT easier to accept.

what are your thoughts? I may not go the popular route, because I’d be most interested in people’s rationale & perspectives, but I put a poll on here... for science!
Sponsored

Reactions: abe

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will rethink color, since we don't know the 'green' yet.

Also, I think most people on this forum will, at the very least, take a second look at their builds when comparing it to what is available with the MY22.

Last edited:

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was always going to keep the mod top, but may switch to a body color top depending on price.

Based on the 4WP build running on +35mm rims compared to the Sasquatch +30mm, it seems like we'll be able to fit 37s on the stock rims without fussing with clearing fenders and other components. So I'm seriously considering mansquatching it now and just selling the tires.

You need a switching colors option in your poll. Keeping an eye in what they offer for MY22

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im not giving up the MOD top, but lets see what other options are available for MY2022. Im a day one reservation holder so I should be in the front of the line for MY2022.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just going to go with the MIC top because I don't like black paint enough to pay for the MOD... now I get to have a white top

Sponsored

SirDapperDom

Badlands
First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 240sx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After wavering back and forth between BL and BD MIC SAS HIGH I am sticking with my BL SAS Lux 2.7 MOD build.

An added couple of months only means I'll be putting even more down towards the vehicle. Hell, maybe by that point I'll just pay the thing in cash and be done (thanks GME).

Plus, the aftermarket will be littered with parts in '22 making it easy to "catch up" to those who got their Bronco's in '21.

RDUBronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee; Toyota Tacoma; BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Base
When MY22 ordering arrives this summer, planning on adding the slide-out platform in the cargo area and revisiting color if I like the green.

I ordered a BL with 33’s on optional wheels. Figuring the reviews will be coming in May and June from the press - get a sense of on and off road road manners for Sasquatch. May flip to SAS.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will rethink color, since we don't know the 'green' yet.

Also, I think most people on this forum will, at the very least, take a second look at their builds when comparing it to what is available with the MY22.
That’s a great point... I’d also been curious what the ‘22 options are and no doubt a color option like green would sway many... I just don’t know what green it would be. So, I just went with the 2021 known options

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was always going to keep the mod top, but may switch to a body color top depending on price.

Based on the 4WP build running on +35mm rims compared to the Sasquatch +30mm, it seems like we'll be able to fit 37s on the stock rims without fussing with clearing fenders and other components. So I'm seriously considering mansquatching it now and just selling the tires.

You need a switching colors option in your poll. Keeping an eye in what they offer for MY22
I decided to throw some “Maybe” options in there, for the 2 major unknowns (like Green/different color options & Heritage)

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After wavering back and forth between BL and BD MIC SAS HIGH I am sticking with my BL SAS Lux 2.7 MOD build.

An added couple of months only means I'll be putting even more down towards the vehicle. Hell, maybe by that point I'll just pay the thing in cash and be done (thanks GME).

Plus, the aftermarket will be littered with parts in '22 making it easy to "catch up" to those who got their Bronco's in '21.
Yeah, I already worked out my budget for the year, so I will be saving the same monthly amount in March as October & November.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My question would be if you make too many changes will you lose any price guarantee?
Any order that is bumped to MY22 OR any non converted reservation made before 3/19/21 have a price guarantee (MSRP).

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You get a price guarantee for your current build plus the benefit of being able to upgrade to new '22 options at the expense of just waiting about 6-8 months. Seems like a no brainer to wait for '22 unless you are driving a dump of a car and need something now.

The $1k Ford is giving for ditching the MOD top order in the long run is not worth it if you are looking to upgrade to the MOD later on.

Wait for '22, keep current build price, maybe switch colors if green is interesting

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My question would be if you make too many changes will you lose any price guarantee?
I'm curious about this as well.

Any order that is bumped to MY22 OR any non converted reservation made before 3/19/21 have a price guarantee (MSRP).
But does this mean an unchanged order, or just based on your reservation.

Also, about the X plan - Ford stock is cheap (relatively, although a year ago it was much cheaper!), so what happens if you pick up 100 shares ($1200ish) now, and apply for the X plan in 6mos?
Sponsored