First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I left mine down in my jeep all the time, of course it was for a short period of time and had no issues. I can watch my bronco from my desk at work so whenever it gets warm enough i'll leave it down.
Did the same on my Jeep... either top down or top/doors off. Never had any issues at all!
Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be more worried about a bird shitting on the interior than someone trying to steal something lol
Now THAT was INDEED a problem...

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. The soft top does not offer protection.
2. if someone wants in your Bronco soft or hard top they will get in.
Howā€™s that for paranoia?

3. Iā€™m planning on going 4-6 months of the year with no top no doors. Luckily I have a garage. But elsewhere Iā€™m installing the trunk for my 2 dr. With the tailgate locked, there is no way to get in besides cutting through steel.
4. Keep nothing in the cab and sweatshirts books computers and such in the locked trunk.
https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2dr-2021-fixed-lid-cargo-area-enclosure-1
I will add that most crime is one of opportunity.

Iā€™d had a ā€˜95 Lebaron broken into through the roof; which resulted in more cosmetic damage than theft. Basically, some a-hole did that to my car while it was parked in a College Dorm back parking lotā€¦ possibly far enough removed from a light pole to make it a convenient target.

While I canā€™t stop nor predict door dings, if I leave the top off, Iā€™m far more worried about some a-hole slashing my interior or messing with the big screen than if I have the roof on.

In the end, I guess you just ask yourself ā€œwhere are you going,ā€ and how long will you be there? Are you going to a family picnic? No biggie. Are you going to Walmartā€¦ maybe the risk is greater than the reward.

Is the juice worth the squeeze?

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If its nice out I'll leave my top open (hard top but same idea). I have a couple of classic convertibles that so long as it doesn't rain I'll leave the top down. Never had any issues with anyone touching or damaging anything. Also keep zero things of value (or,anything really) not locked away out of sight.

I've left the Oldsmobile outside the mall, movie theater, parked downtown for hours on end.

Screenshot_20220323-123049_Photos.jpg
And nobody got angry that it was taking up two parking spaces??

Morganstein

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've driven soft top Jeeps for years. My rule is: If it's something either quick (eg. store) or where I can see it (eg. restaurant), it stays down. If I'm going to be a while and will not be able to see it, top goes up. I don't think the top being up is going to actually stop anyone who wants to steal something, but it will stop the opportunist who just walks past, sees something, and decides to grab it.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And nobody got angry that it was taking up two parking spaces??
Can't tell if it's a joke about how big the car is, or confusion on parking spaces. I was well within my spot, which I pulled into an open space, the meter is at the front bumper. Otherwise yes it is the same length as Mt Excursion bumper to bumper.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't tell if it's a joke about how big the car is, or confusion on parking spaces. I was well within my spot, which I pulled into an open space, the meter is at the front bumper. Otherwise yes it is the same length as Mt Excursion bumper to bumper.
It was a little of both actually!!

70&22bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Fallon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh definitely, if someone wants to get in, they will. I get it. It is mostly psychological for me, Iā€™m aware. I guess I was thinking if someone wanted to be an a-hole they could just pass by and cause damage without skipping a beat but Iā€™m sure that rarely happens. I bet after I do it a few times, that will wear off. Thanks for chiming in.
I drove my ā€˜70 without the top on for a few months. I would lock my Tuffy center console and glovebox..and the doors šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø (like it made such a difference šŸ˜‚)and even like that, I didnā€™t feel comfortable doing it.

While it did get easier for me to make a run into the store as time went on, I still suffer from the same paranoia you talk about. šŸ˜‚

Good thing is, if you never get comfortable walking away with the top down, itā€™s pretty quick for you to close it back up! At least you have the option..my ā€˜70 takes a few people to put the top back on. šŸ˜†

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I leave mine topless often. Nobody in my area has messed with it. With a soft top, if someone wants to get into it, they will. Enjoy the truck and don't sweat the small stuff. This is why we have insurance. Also if you leave nothing in sight to take, it will get passed up quickly.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will add that most crime is one of opportunity.

Iā€™d had a ā€˜95 Lebaron broken into through the roof; which resulted in more cosmetic damage than theft. Basically, some a-hole did that to my car while it was parked in a College Dorm back parking lotā€¦ possibly far enough removed from a light pole to make it a convenient target.

While I canā€™t stop nor predict door dings, if I leave the top off, Iā€™m far more worried about some a-hole slashing my interior or messing with the big screen than if I have the roof on.

In the end, I guess you just ask yourself ā€œwhere are you going,ā€ and how long will you be there? Are you going to a family picnic? No biggie. Are you going to Walmartā€¦ maybe the risk is greater than the reward.

Is the juice worth the squeeze?
We are speaking of 2 different items. One is theft, which opportunity drives most of it. How easy it it to get how much reward is it once they have it, ex $20 book vs someoneā€™s iPad.

The other is vandalism which can be done with any vehicle inside or out. Broken windshield taillights or touch screen.

Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the rear lockable drawer and console safe for this reason. I mean if they really want something they will break in anyway. But at least I can lock up wallet phone and stuff in the console safe and try to keep stuff safe.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know it sounds crazy but I'd worry about a bird shitting all over the interior šŸ¤£ . Anyone actually experienced this?

HallnAz

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond Sasquatch, 2015 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know it sounds crazy but I'd worry about a bird shitting all over the interior šŸ¤£ . Anyone actually experienced this?
I did last week; came out to find a 'remnant' on my passenger door panel. Not a big deal, it came right off when cleaning it. We have a 2dr Wrangler for the last 6 years and are accustomed to dropping the top. I did put bartac covers on the seats which allows for easy cleanup and if a deeper clean is needed, they come off some-what easy (it takes a while but not complicated). I'm looking at covers for my wifes BD; living in AZ, we only get so many months of "enjoyable top-down weather" that we make the most of it...knowing it's susceptible to environmental issues (UV, birds, etc) but still make the most of the time-use.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Beware seats will get super hot in the summer may burn your butt.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had my jeep top down and went into D&B for a few hours one sunny day. Came out to a couple inches of water in the floorboard. Definitely check the weather. šŸ–
Sponsored