Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t want to be joe realist here but this is the first vehicle with a removable soft top ford has made in a long time (same with the mic/hard top) and it’s a brand new design which has never been mass produced before. As with any new design, there will be things that appear after mass production that don’t appear in limited test runs. I know we all have high expectations but nothing at all happening/showing up with the new launch would be 100% abnormal, these types of things showing up is actually normal. There also could be many factors to this specific issue so unless a bunch of other soft top owners report this in the exact same spot, it’s still a one off as of today.

I hope I don’t have issues either and am not giving Ford a pass but I guarantee Ford is expecting (and budgeting) some first year things to arise and will cover them. Just document and tell your dealer ASAP.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Getting in the car today I noticed wear on the softop. It is bad enough that the driver side has rubbed through the top down to the rubber below

It appears as though the top is rubbing on itself, or something when it is all the way down. I say that because when I put it back it didn't appear to touch anything. It also appears on both sides, though the driver side has worn through and the passenger has not yet.

Will be reporting this to my dealer on Monday.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks 94683C4E-0017-474B-A45D-A68EC8F7738D

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks 94683C4E-0017-474B-A45D-A68EC8F7738D
Jeezus!

20210731_112932.gif

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You buy a brand new car for a lot of money …you shouldn’t have to look to aftermarket stuff this absolutely ridiculous
I agree, my point was that unfortunately I don’t see them focusing much attention on this while they have their hands full with the MIC. No consolation to anyone with the problem.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, if the roof didn't come off it would just be Fords version of the 4Runner. And we all know Ford can't hang with Toyota from a reliability standpoint.

Ford wanted and needed to compete with Jeep, so the roof HAS to come off.
They compete well with Toyota in africa/Australia with the Everest.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
These soft tops look like a after thought by Ford. Like the lady down the block that sews canvas tents made them.
Very saggy, windows ripple, rubbing, fraying, along with that baby buggy look when open. Sick.

Yah, I bet they will look a little better after a year or two. Makes the MIC top problems minor in comparison.
Baby buggy, perfect lol

NavynutZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe we should realize that not every single thing about ANY vehicle is going to be perfect. Have any others reported this same issue?

Sponsored

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep should make a tv commercial with all of these top issues Ford is having.
I think it would be awesome for ford to address all this stuff but my 2020 Wrangler soft top had the same wear issues on the soft top in the first 6 months.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Switch to the soft top they said… It’ll be quicker they said (not better).

At least with these roof issues, they can be replaced under warranty fairly easily. Hopefully it’s not a major, widespread issue, but just sayin’…

Bryschopper

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Bronco 1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First it was the MIC top, now the soft top, not looking good.....