Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
LOL, "less reliable 4Runner" when compared to a Jeep or Ford? :unsure:
Yes, if the roof didn't come off it would just be Fords version of the 4Runner. And we all know Ford can't hang with Toyota from a reliability standpoint.

Ford wanted and needed to compete with Jeep, so the roof HAS to come off.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, if the roof didn't come off it would just be Fords version of the 4Runner. And we all know Ford can't hang with Toyota from a reliability standpoint.

Ford wanted and needed to compete with Jeep, so the roof HAS to come off.
Ah, now I understand, you were saying that Ford was less reliable than a Toyota, that makes more sense.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How often are you putting it up/down? Just wondering if this is just something it's doing on it's own, or if it can at least be prolonged by, you know, never, ever, ever, ever putting the top down...
I would think the top should be removed if you are driving it top-down continuously. I don't know if the wear is normal or if soft top wear is even covered by warranty, but soft tops are wear items that are typically replaced every 3-5 years (or more often in extreme climates). Other wear items, such as brakes and clutch and tires, typically last longer but are not usually covered by warranty.

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think the top should be removed if you are driving it top-down continuously. I don't know if the wear is normal or if soft top wear is even covered by warranty, but soft tops are wear items that are typically replaced every 3-5 years (or more often in extreme climates). Other wear items, such as brakes and clutch and tires, typically last longer but are not usually covered by warranty.
What does the manual say about it? - I've got a 2013 A5 convertible, the top shows zero signs of wear and is regularly up and down. - 4 weeks? That's not even close to 'normal' for a soft top.

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Getting in the car today I noticed wear on the softop. It is bad enough that the driver side has rubbed through the top down to the rubber below

It appears as though the top is rubbing on itself, or something when it is all the way down. I say that because when I put it back it didn't appear to touch anything. It also appears on both sides, though the driver side has worn through and the passenger has not yet.

Will be reporting this to my dealer on Monday.
just for reference, are you driving with the top strapped down or loose?

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does the manual say about it? - I've got a 2013 A5 convertible, the top shows zero signs of wear and is regularly up and down. - 4 weeks? That's not even close to 'normal' for a soft top.
Apples and oranges comparison. Convertible car tops last in excess of 10 years. Jeep style is 3-5.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This seems like something that should have been found in testing. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like wear while top is down…

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agree, my 03 Z4 top after 17 years looked fantastic with no issues.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting in the car today I noticed wear on the softop. It is bad enough that the driver side has rubbed through the top down to the rubber below

It appears as though the top is rubbing on itself, or something when it is all the way down. I say that because when I put it back it didn't appear to touch anything. It also appears on both sides, though the driver side has worn through and the passenger has not yet.

Will be reporting this to my dealer on Monday.

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks 20210730_183400

Ford Bronco Soft Top Wearing Through After 4 Weeks 20210730_183400
That's just crazy

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here’s to hoping the aftermarket can correct this, I’m thinking Ford is probably more concerned with the MIC top at the moment and will have the dealers solution be a patch kit, like the ones my Mom would sow on the knees of my jeans in the 80’s
You buy a brand new car for a lot of money …you shouldn’t have to look to aftermarket stuff this absolutely ridiculous
Sponsored