PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
REALLY wish I could get that 12 inch screen on BD, damn son!
I agree. HIgh Package on a BD would be perfect for a lot of people... MGV plus High... Not everyone wants the extreme rock crawling the BL has to offer... BD is a perfect in the middle rig.
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree. HIgh Package on a BD would be perfect for a lot of people... MGV plus High... Not everyone wants the extreme rock crawling the BL has to offer... BD is a perfect in the middle rig.
Man and here I am just wishing I could get the mid package on it (they're not offering mid with manual transmission on BD for a reason only God and the rockstars at Ford knows)

OP
OP
centra28

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That top picture makes me nervous. That looks like crap. So cheap. Yet, that's going to be in vehicles pushing $50k.

Here is a Rubicon dash for comparison. While I'm not a fan of the red, but this looks so much more refined and expensive. Looks like it could be in a luxury vehicle.

Ford Bronco Some differences in controls a-detailed-look-at-t_1600x0w

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like it.

Reactions: RG7

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That top picture makes me nervous. That looks like crap. So cheap. Yet, that's going to be in vehicles pushing $50k.

Here is a Rubicon dash for comparison. While I'm not a fan of the red, but this looks so much more refined and expensive. Looks like it could be in a luxury vehicle.

a-detailed-look-at-t_1600x0w.jpg
Meh. I think the Wrangler dash is really busy. They've included the equivalents of the accessory switches, hero switches, HVAC, stereo, AND window control in the same space as the comparatively clean looking dash in the Bronco. You can't adjust your window while the driver is shifting in the manual. The entire touchscreen feels like an afterthought.

Though, because it's Jeep, Alpine has like 3 OEM fit upgrade options available. I doubt Ford is going to have B&O upgrade kits ...

Other than that, while the red portions have a really nice anodized look and feel, the rest of the dash is rugged cheap plastic. Cheap plastic isn't necessarily a bad thing when it's a vehicle that's supposed to be abused but the clean lines of the Broncos cheap plastic dash are much more attractive to me.

Last edited:

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, not. This is the "standard" interior package compared to the "mid" package. Check out the interior images with the Build and Price. You can see the difference between what the interior looks like with the standard package and the mid package. Looks like the other difference is the side mirrors. The standard package (when looking from the inside) has the little "blind spot" mirrors within the side mirrors while the mid package does not have these mirrors but instead has the BLIS indicators in the mirrors.

Edit: Actually, the first image posted is the center-stack for the "High" (possibly "LUX" as well) package, not the "Mid". You can tell by the two buttons on each side of the auto-start/stop button... not sure what those are for though - may have something to do w/ the mirror-lights.

I believe this to be the High-Level Instrument Panel (found in Mid Package and above) vs not

not

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looks like my junk drawer...not a fan of the Jeep interiors, and that dash is bad. LOL at the luxury vehicle....

Last edited:

Sponsored

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Believe me, I'm as curious to know what the "High-Level" instrument panel includes as anyone here. That Badlands walkthrough on Bronco Nation and the image posted on this thread is all we have, I believe. Unfortunately the build and price appears to represent the same generic image across all trims.

Because I'm leaning automatic, I'd love to see a transmission temp gauge in the instrument cluster but good to know that the BL Bronco Nation video did confirm water temp gauge. Now the question (for me) is if the standard "LCD" panel includes this info. I suppose I can always get a scan gauge to show me this info but would be nice to have all this info integrated onto a single display.

Bizarre how Ford hasn't commented on the difference here between these panels yet.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Bizarre how Ford hasn't commented on the difference here between these panels yet.
QUICK!!! Someone tweet the question at Levine. We need more vague and uninformative answers!!! :rolleyes:

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My in-laws have a new JL with this exact interior. Initially, my reaction was the same as yours, that the JL interior seemed more refined and higher class and ā€œFancyā€.

However, after spending some more time actually driving it and using it, I actually came to the conclusion that I really dislike it for a couple reasons.
  1. The design is actually too feminine and dated for me. The roundedness of everything just isnā€™t my style and actually doesnā€™t have as much masculinity as I wish it had. Obviously complete opinion and preference....
  2. The screen feels like an awkward size. Like they kinda wanted to go big, but kinda didnā€™t, so they just picked something in the middle. Maybe itā€™s just that the aspect ratio is too close to square vs. rectangular.
  3. They crammed too many things into the center stack. There are A LOT of switches, buttons, and crap going on in that center stack, to the point where I struggled to find the things that I look for. Some of those things are WAY too low on the stack to easily find as the shifter and just the line of sight is too low. Obviously can be cured over time by memorizing where everything is but itā€™s really just too busy. Bronco has done a nice job of simplifying things, laying things out with enough space, and not difficult to find Or too low. Window switches are a CLEAR example of this. Relocating them to a different area was a good call. They are a PITA in the Jeep IMO. Another good example of breaking switches out of the center stack for Bronco is putting the Hero switches up high. Pretty difficult to find the locker and sway bar disconnect on the Jeep as they are so low, and not a uniform size/shape/appearance.
  4. Things are actually pretty cheap. Although the Jeep does appeal visually to the eye initially, as I start pushing/pulling things like that grab handle above the glovebox, or touch the window switches, etc, it definitely creaks and moves like cheap plastic.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at that would get old quick. Looks too cream puff to me. I'm happy with the Hi-level display that will be in my BadLands & prefer the Bronco's dash. YMMV
Sponsored