Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2006 F250, Ford 2023 Bronco Badsquatch w/ Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a very late reservation. 2 door, BL, 2.7 SAS, MIC, LUX, roof rack and tow. I never expected to be a MY21. After the constrained items were released I saw I have most of them. I have not changed anything. My order has been the same from the start. I was going to be a MY21 already. This is my retirement vehicle. I am going to get what I want or not at all. At this point there is a very good chance by the time they ship this to my dealer I may pay cash for it. I will say this though it would be nice if I had some assurance on at least what quarter of 21 they will be able to build mine. If this trails out again to MY23 I will start looking elsewhere. I really don't want a Jeep or Defender but would look again at the Chevy Colorado ZR2, Toyota 4Runner or by that time (if they are coming available in the US) maybe an Ineos Grenadier.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Order summary: 3/19/21, MY21, priority code 19. If they changed the priority code without telling me, I have no idea. Is 19 good?
Yes, that's good. If you want a MY21, you don't want to see a 99 code.

OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order summary: 3/19/21, MY21, priority code 19. If they changed the priority code without telling me, I have no idea. Is 19 good?
I actually just learned today code 19 means you are still considered for the order scanning. If you are 99 you are not getting a build date for 2021. 19 is that you are still eligible to be built but it depends on ur allocation number at ur dealership and how many they have allocated.

may my dealership, the sales rep told me I was position number 19 after I was told in the beginning I was 65. I spoke with the GM today and he said no, the rep must have seen priority 19 on ur folder and thought that mean ur position. He explained it was that I’m still in system eligible to be picked for a 2021 build, but I’m still sitting in position 65 and they were allocated 30. So basically I’m getting one in 2022 hahaha!

Sponsored
OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Again, my thoughts are I will just continue trading options with the money I have set aside for the vehicle, and see how much I can make trading options before needing to pay for the bronco. Granted the good lord doesn’t have anything else in store for me.

-=[P@]=-

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger 4.0L, '18 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't begrudge FORD making some lesser MY21 for dealer stock, but if they are building Base SAS units I think that is adding to delays for Wildtrack reservations.
The bigger issue to me is, I have to wait as 2-door Badlands is impacted by MIC top, bumper, my wanting tow package... Please continue with alternatives like a 2-door soft top or a bonus option for waiting... 2.7L with maunual. That could make a MY23 worth the wait!

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t believe it will change any of the reservations allocation.

Waiting for 4th Bronco

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Mercedes C350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually just learned today code 19 means you are still considered for the order scanning. If you are 99 you are not getting a build date for 2021. 19 is that you are still eligible to be built but it depends on ur allocation number at ur dealership and how many they have allocated.

may my dealership, the sales rep told me I was position number 19 after I was told in the beginning I was 65. I spoke with the GM today and he said no, the rep must have seen priority 19 on ur folder and thought that mean ur position. He explained it was that I’m still in system eligible to be picked for a 2021 build, but I’m still sitting in position 65 and they were allocated 30. So basically I’m getting one in 2022 hahaha!
Typical, salesmen are useless or something less than that. My dealers allocation for '21 is 95 units out of 200+ orders. I don't know where I sit, but the simplicity of my build may let me slip in the door for '21. If not, worst case I'm looking at March-April.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And this is all for people without VINs. People with VINs are supposedly MY21 regardless. I’m Thankful I have a VIN, just wish from April when I got it to now I’d have my bronco already.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DadLife

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And this is all for people without VINs. People with VINs are supposedly MY21 regardless. I’m Thankful I have a VIN, just wish from April when I got it to now I’d have my bronco already.
Wait! I wasn’t aware you can have a VIN but not a build date. I thought you received a vin when u received a build date. Shows how little I know

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait! I wasn’t aware you can have a VIN but not a build date. I thought you received a vin when u received a build date. Shows how little I know
Oh I have had 5 of them all build weeks. Latest is week 8/2 with 8/5 build day. So we shall see.

Lukeswags23

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope everybody is well! I don’t post much and usually rely on the bronco forum to gain insight on general bronco topics. With that said, I thought I would share some information I gained when I spoke with the GM of my dealer today. Here is what he has been told by Ford:

- Dealers have an allocated number of bronco builds for 2021 models (not new info)
However, the issue has turned into stock orders because the majority of bronco reservations included more expensive builds (I.e. the now constrained items, etc). Now Ford has bronco parts laying around, essentially, to build base Broncos, or stock units, but these are not reserved bronco builds.
Therefore, where my dealer may have had 35 allotted for 2021 model builds, they now have 10 stock units being built and delivered, which is coming out of the 35 allotted retail builds. As a result, dealers will have 10 bronco builds sitting on the lot, but they come at the expense of the retail builds and reduce the allotted amount.
I was told this today, and now unless I change my build to get rid of the tow package, mic, and modular bumper, I’m prob looking at 2022 as well.
If somebody has different info, I’m all ears. Don’t shoot the messenger, I am just passing info along I came across today.
According to my dealer these units that will be on dealer lots will really be soft tops, non sas, 2.3 and anything really that doesn’t have a “constraint” I get they need to make money and if someone wants to buy the car off the lot and pay a mark up for it well 😂🤷‍♀️But if it affects the allocations for this year and bumps ppl back into 2022 that’s ridiculous….

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I hope everybody is well! I don’t post much and usually rely on the bronco forum to gain insight on general bronco topics. With that said, I thought I would share some information I gained when I spoke with the GM of my dealer today. Here is what he has been told by Ford:

- Dealers have an allocated number of bronco builds for 2021 models (not new info)
However, the issue has turned into stock orders because the majority of bronco reservations included more expensive builds (I.e. the now constrained items, etc). Now Ford has bronco parts laying around, essentially, to build base Broncos, or stock units, but these are not reserved bronco builds.
Therefore, where my dealer may have had 35 allotted for 2021 model builds, they now have 10 stock units being built and delivered, which is coming out of the 35 allotted retail builds. As a result, dealers will have 10 bronco builds sitting on the lot, but they come at the expense of the retail builds and reduce the allotted amount.
I was told this today, and now unless I change my build to get rid of the tow package, mic, and modular bumper, I’m prob looking at 2022 as well.
If somebody has different info, I’m all ears. Don’t shoot the messenger, I am just passing info along I came across today.
Yes, Stock units will come out of our allocation. Retail orders will take priority over any stock unit. The main commodity constraint has been, and will be for the immediate future, the MIC Top.

Ford has heavily restricted what we can build as stock units, no 2 dr, no hard top etc...

Production capacity boils down to the 56/44 HT to ST ratio. All of the HT being produced will be customer orders.

If they run out of MIC tops, they'll build customer soft tops before any stock as long as commodities are still available to build those. Soft top availability for September Scheduling is 44% (vs 9% of the unscheduled order bank).

This is what allows us to have some stock units for September, there is more manufacturing capacity than available soft top builds in the order bank. Ford is prioritizing retail customer orders over stock with a similar configuration (we might get a Big Bend 2.3, but not a BL 2.7L SAS) You're far more likely to get a soft top built than a hard top regardless of timestamp. (unless your dealer has a ton of soft top orders). Just remember, a lot of options are constrained, but there is still some capacity for those later timestamps to get some of the constrained options if they are a soft top, because of the hard top constraint.

Looking at the commodity restrictions for our stock orders, we can't order 2.7L, 2 Door, MIC top, and a few other options at all. Most of our stock Broncos will be Base/BB/OBX with Mid/High Packages.

According to my dealer these units that will be on dealer lots will really be soft tops, non sas, 2.3 and anything really that doesn’t have a “constraint” I get they need to make money and if someone wants to buy the car off the lot and pay a mark up for it well 😂🤷‍♀️But if it affects the allocations for this year and bumps ppl back into 2022 that’s ridiculous….
Building some stock is better than building no Broncos at all. It has everything to do with the Hard Top bottleneck. Ford is saving the most constrained items for customer orders, but there is a chance there will be some Base/BB Sasquatch with the soft top. Those would only get built after all other retail configurations that don't have any other constraints get built.
Sponsored

Last edited: