Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I look at this as a rival, not a clone

This is Ford, they know their shit
They haven't shown that thus far. Even compared to when we found out it would certainly be IFS or no V8, this is the most disappointing update on the Bronco project within the last 3 or 4 years.
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They haven't shown that thus far. Even compared to when we found out it would certainly be IFS or no V8, this is the most disappointing update on the Bronco project within the last 3 or 4 years.
“Beat Jeep” that is what Ford posted at their interior meeting. You really think that they are going to just throw out another mall cruiser and call it a day? The fact that no one has literally stated that there will be an SFA available doesn’t mean there won’t be one! Literally, the insiders have beaten around the bush about it at every turn. I’d bet my money right now that there is an SFA version coming. Let’s all just pump the brakes on the world ending here

edited to fix my typos. At gym, sorry

Last edited:

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Beat Jeep” that is what Ford posted at their interior meeting. ....I’d bet my money right now that there is an IFS version coming. Let’s all just pump the brakes on the world ending here
You mean SFA, right? And "beat jeep" could mean, eat their sales. Which the right Bronco could do even without an SFA. Reading between the lines, I think there will be a halo version with SFA for those willing to pay for it.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Beat Jeep” that is what Ford posted at their interior meeting. You really think that they are going to just throw out another mall cruiser and call it a day? The fact that no one has literally stated that there will be an SFA available doesn’t mean there won’t be one! Literally, the insiders have beaten around the bush about it at every turn. I’d bet my money right now that there is an SFA version coming. Let’s all just pump the brakes on the world ending here

edited to fix my typos. At gym, sorry
think you got that backwards, you think ….haha you edited right as I quoted.

n/m

Even then, if the base model is priced on par with the sport, but has that rear suspension and IFS, then I believe, based off of experience, that the Bronco will be killed off within 4 years. no second generation, no BigBronco.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

n/m

Even then, if the base model is priced on par with the sport, but has that rear suspension and IFS, then I believe, based off of experience, that the Bronco will be killed off within 4 years. no second generation, no BigBronco.
really? Even with ford moving to all SUVs and trucks? The bronco, even without SFA (got it right this time! haha) the bronco will offer options no other Ford offers. Such as removable doors and top

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
"I'm just keeping the fact that they brought us the Raptor in my back pocket and with that knowledge, having some faith."
Exactly, brother; there's minimal facts out on the new Bronco and people are already crying and predicting the end!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

n/m

Well based on my experience I think that the sun is going to burn out in 4 years and we’re all gonna die.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
really? Even with ford moving to all SUVs and trucks? The bronco, even without SFA (got it right this time! haha) the bronco will offer options no other Ford offers. Such as removable doors and top
I do.

Because without a hardcore enthusiast following it will offer nothing but at a higher price point that the wrangler and other vehicles do not. It will sell moderately ok the first two years, die off drastically as the cool factor wears off the third year, and by the forth be below 50k units per year, and get axed.

If it can prove itself offroad, at the same price point as jeep, as comfortable off road as the wrangler, then it has a solid chance to build the imagine that will bring in new buyers year after year who are after a specific image that is backed up with capability (that they will never use).

If the only off-road capable versions start at a cost of 50-60k, and the lower end cannot be easily modded to BE capable, it will fall flat.

Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
1) The rear shock mounts don’t look any lower than a JL wrangler shock mount or any other truck or body on frame shock mount.

2) looks like round headlights to me. The light output is definitely flat at the bottom but in one of the pics you can see the Chrome round trim ring.

I’m not super excited about what I see, but I’m not a total Negative Nellie about yet either...

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1) The rear shock mounts don’t look any lower than a JL wrangler shock mount or any other truck or body on frame shock mount.

2) looks like round headlights to me. The light output is definitely flat at the bottom but in one of the pics you can see the Chrome round trim ring.
2018-Jeep-Wrangler-Spy-Photo-122-876x535-780x405.jpg

Those look 1-2 inches higher at least than the Bronco. granted, that perspective could be off if those are 20" rims on those jeep, then I would be more inclined to agree with you.

xenolon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone wanna work their magic and use the rear mounted tire to see how big that hitch receiver is?
I used the license plate instead. Letters on Michigan plates are 1 inch wide. Even though we don't have a lot of image resolution to work with in the first place, it's pretty safe to say that's 2 inches wide.

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 5.51.04 PM
Sponsored