Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can this happen on the 2023 ? Bronco Wildtrak . I have the same issue
The
Can this happen on the 2023 ? Bronco Wildtrak . I have the same issue
The tailgate squeak can happen to any of us with the bronco or jeep...the fix with the krytox/weatherstripping was taken from a jeep squeak fix, I believe. The metal and the weatherstripping get dry due to environment and start to squeak where they rub.

If you mean the body squeak with the rubbing panel, this is not as common and across the board. I haven't had this issue 🤞. I don't think most have had this issue but It looks like a few people have had an alignment issue from the panel/strike plate/etc...but still doesn't seem as common as people who have had no issues.
Sponsored

kiddinaround00

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Adding to the thread. I fixed my squeak using permatex synthetic grease (I can’t buy Krytox in Canada) and applying a thin layer to the outside rubber portion of the back window. The squeak went away immediately.

Wharthog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One more add, I had a squeak that was not fixed by any type of lube. I tried the panel fox and that helped a bit but the squeak persisted. I noticed that the passenger side of the top with no squeak was resting higher above the rear quarter panel than the drivers side with the squeak. I took one of those round felt pads that you put on the bottom of a chair leg and placed it on top of the drivers side quarter panel to lift up that side of the top. No more squeaking!

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has TSB 22-2097 been updated for the 2023 model year? I just started getting a loud chirping sound when go over bumps after 8 months of no issues.

Trialmx

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never had hard top issues like many others, no squeaks or noises from anywhere except plastic rattle around the sub with certain music. After a year or so I noticed a faint squeaking/metal/plastic bottle sound coming from the rear. Found the hard top cap passenger side fitment TSB, and yes mine is tight. The fender and filler panels have always looked wonky. However, while playing around I noticed a really annoying loose fit that seems to be my squeaky culprit. It is the fitment around the passenger tail light and rear fender. Driver side is nice and snug and doesn’t squeak at all, but the passenger side is crazy noisey. See video.
My pax tail light has a bit of a wiggle to it. I didn't suspect it was squeaking but after seeing your video I'll look into it more. Thanks for your post.

Sponsored

Packen8

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never had hard top issues like many others, no squeaks or noises from anywhere except plastic rattle around the sub with certain music. After a year or so I noticed a faint squeaking/metal/plastic bottle sound coming from the rear. Found the hard top cap passenger side fitment TSB, and yes mine is tight. The fender and filler panels have always looked wonky. However, while playing around I noticed a really annoying loose fit that seems to be my squeaky culprit. It is the fitment around the passenger tail light and rear fender. Driver side is nice and snug and doesn’t squeak at all, but the passenger side is crazy noisey. See video.
That’s something that just should not happen with any new vehicle any brand…. Terrible ! Fingers crossed no issues yet other then my driver side door was loose upon delivery it will be a year in January …..reservation on 7/14/20

DFR

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Super Duty, 2 Ford powered rock crawlers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I applied the Krytox this morning...we'll see how it works...

DFR

UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE - 12/07/2023

The Krytox works as advertised and that annoying squeak when on a wash board/bumpy road is gone...

UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE - 12/19/2023

After several wash and wipe down cycles the Krytox continues to quiet the squeaky rear door/window assembly.

Last edited:

Meloco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco edge excape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone tried this stuff instead of Krytox.
Ford Bronco Squeak coming from Cargo Area - Fixed ✅ 1000000105

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the water bottle squeak. Removed spare and found some loose bolts for the carrier. Squeak still there. Today I rode in the back of bronco to verify it was a seal and it was! I was worried it was the tailgate or top.

Cleaned the seal and was quite dirty. Then used Vasoline to soften up the seal. Why spend money on that Ford special lube when I got Vasoline handy. 😂

Will report back!

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well cleaning the rubber seal on rear hatch and applying Vasoline to soften it up fixed the issue! No need to order that tiny Ford lube bottle! 🍆

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ksjrb03

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well cleaning the rubber seal on rear hatch and applying Vasoline to soften it up fixed the issue! No need to order that tiny Ford lube bottle! 🍆
I would not use vasoline or any petroleum based product on these rubber seals, will degrade them over time. The krytox is used for a reason. You can also add some felt tape or other stripping to stop the seal on paint squeaking.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would not use vasoline or any petroleum based product on these rubber seals, will degrade them over time. The krytox is used for a reason. You can also add some felt tape or other stripping to stop the seal on paint squeaking.
Hum okay. I will wipe it off and try a silicon based lube. Thanks for tips.
Sponsored