Sponsored

Supply chain is just an excuse, your dealer allocations are the reason you're waiting

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When Ford decided to change how Bronco's were allocated, I placed another order at a different dealer and got that Bronco in 10 months.
Sponsored

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fun fact, your company isn't representative of Ford's supply chain for the Bronco program.

Are their constraints? Yes. Is it the reason people with DAY 1 reservations don't have their Broncos yet? Not a chance.
I feel your frustration as I was a OG res holder too. As stated before allocations and build constraints are both to blame. At the rate they are pumping them out this last quarter I would bet you get pulled in the next few weeks if you are a day 1 res. Mine was a max chip build and was one of the last at the dealership I use to get picked up. Waiting is still better then waiting for February banks to open only to be in with 100,000 new orders.

Built Wild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Escape Limited, 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I picked up my Bronco last week my sales guy said (I know, drink) that Ford offered them a bunch of 2023 Broncos for their lot for any walk-in customers. He said they would be delivered in January. The high volume dealers are treated better. If anyone is still waiting to get scheduled when the order banks re-open in Feb., I recommend placing a new order at a high volume dealer. Your price protection certificate will be available in SmartVincent and can be applied to your new order. It is attached to your name, not your reservation/order number.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fun fact, your company isn't representative of Ford's supply chain for the Bronco program.

Are their constraints? Yes. Is it the reason people with DAY 1 reservations don't have their Broncos yet? Not a chance.
How would you know that fun fact?

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i believe this original post to be accurate. i'm a non-res holder with a 22 badsquatch lux, with every box checked except the upgraded bumper and leather. i asked my dealer how i got so lucky when there are still day 1 hour 1 res holders with no bronco.

the only thing he could guess was i was next in line with their allocations. and they finally had all the parts to build it. i had been skipped over multiple times (i guess i previewed a bunch).

you're waiting on the dealer allocations mostly now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How would you know that fun fact?
You could be the CEO of Webasto and it wouldn't change my opinion. YES, there are constraints. NO, that's not the reason some people have been waiting 18+ months while others wait 6 months for the exact same builds.

You are drinking the FoMoCo kool-aid at this point if you believe that supply chain is the main reason you don't have your Bronco. Your dealer allocations play a massive role, and neither Ford or the dealers will admit this.

OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you're waiting on the dealer allocations mostly now.
BINGO -- someone gets it. Sure, some people have builds that are constrained and will be passed up. But your 12+ month old build? Ford has/had the parts to build it at some point, you just weren't the next in line at your dealer.

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BINGO -- someone gets it. Sure, some people have builds that are constrained and will be passed up. But your 12+ month old build? Ford has/had the parts to build it at some point, you just weren't the next in line at your dealer.
it took me exactly 365 days to get the bronco from order confirmation to delivery. 11-10-21 confirmed, 11-10-22 picked up. (actually i guess that's 366 days)

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are drinking the FoMoCo kool-aid at this point if you believe that supply chain is the main reason you don't have your Bronco. Your dealer allocations play a massive role, and neither Ford or the dealers will admit this.
It says it right in the Bronco FAQ. Although they arguably listed the priorities in reverse order.

Ford Bronco Supply chain is just an excuse, your dealer allocations are the reason you're waiting 1670427911672

For what it is worth, the supply chain has straightened out some but not all the way. So far, all the MY23 orders pulled at our partnered dealership have seemingly gone right down the list in order of timestamp. Where as last year, scheduling would bounce around the list and we would see some low constrained reservations deep into the list get scheduled.

But yeah, I don't think the allocation constraint is exactly breaking news.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is 100% about the allocations. I have seen plenty of people, including 1st day reservations, who have not even gotten base models delivered.

Yet without a reservation, I placed an order to get a 2 door 2021 2.7 OBX with the advanced 4x4 transfer case, lux package, tow package, and MIC top on 4 May 2021, and it was built in the first week of August 2021.

Why? Allocation.

Sponsored

thewodg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do people determine which dealerships are high volume in their area? This will be the first Ford I've ever purchased, so I am not familiar with the local dealerships. In Greater Boston area if anyone has particularized knowledge.

Thanks!

Reactions: Fly

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Taking delivery of my Ford Maverick later this month. From initial order to delivery, the wait time will have been just 3-months.

Meanwhile, people with builds with less constraints (no tow hitch, no 360, no bed cover) are still waiting on their trucks 12+ months later.

The supply chain shit is maybe 10-20% of the equation at this point. I'm convinced that the ONLY reason some people have 1-2 year old orders is because of dealers with HUGE order books and tiny allocations.

Anyways. I'm going to try and find a dealer with allocations for Bronco and place another deposit. About 16 months since my initial reservation now, tired of waiting.
as someone who works for a tier 1 supplier to many OEM's including FORD, the supply chain issues are real. My division alone chews through a million plus pounds a day of steel, and I can honestly and wholeheartedly say steel was a HUUUUGGGGEEE problem during covid.

Steel was just one commodity and one that is slowly getting better but still has lingering issues. We have all heard about the chip issues but for every major issue we hear about, there are more that we don't hear about.

I wont disagree the dealer allotments have an impact as well, but commodity shortages are still impacting the auto business today

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fun fact - the company I work for does represent Fords's supply chain. In fact we make the frame for the Bronco. It does not get any more representative than that.

@Silver-Bolt is correct. I admire your conviction @Cyber2D but you are wrong. Please trust those who work in the industry.

As my previous post said the the commodity constraints are not the only issue, but they are most definitely a very large part of it.

OP
OP
Cyber2D

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fun fact - the company I work for does represent Fords's supply chain. In fact we make the frame for the Bronco. It does not get any more representative than that.

@Silver-Bolt is correct. I admire your conviction @Cyber2D but you are wrong. Please trust those who work in the industry.

As my previous post said the the commodity constraints are not the only issue, but they are most definitely a very large part of it.
Wow that's super cool my dude. This totally explains why some people wait 3 months and others have been waiting since 2020! It's because Ford wants to use only the best steel for early reservation holders, and it's hard to get.

Makes sense now, thanks!

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. My company is part of the supply chain. Everything from raw materials to finished goods have been challenging. For our main materials we typically have 6-8 material manufacturers and suppliers. In the past we would shop for the best price. Today we shop for who has inventory or the shortest lead time. To say that the supply chain issue is accounting for 10-20% of the issues is a joke. On the up side we are starting to see some improvement. Not much but some. My best guess is another year before supply issues balance out. Pricing will remain high.
Same here... I own a company in the supply chain... can't get what we want... when we want.... the amount we want .... and the price we want..... and I have never seen it this bad in 46 years in business.... and prices are getting worse.... we tell our suppliers to send at any price.... they just don't have it or can't get it.....
Sponsored