Sponsored

Swapping Coyote V8 into my Bronco. Will front and rear diff need to be rebuilt?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After your engine swap you will need to upgrade the diffs, axles, transmission, drive shafts, brakes, suspension, fuel system, cooling system, etc.

If you are asking this question it leads me to believe that your skills are not up to this task. I hope you have extremely deep pockets because you are going to be paying a large pile of $$ to pull it off properly.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After your engine swap you will need to upgrade the diffs, axles, transmission, drive shafts, brakes, suspension, fuel system, cooling system, etc.

If you are asking this question it leads me to believe that your skills are not up to this task. I hope you have extremely deep pockets because you are going to be paying a large pile of $$ to pull it off properly.
Even Ford poured a ton of money into the 400 unit DR program but nobody that plunks down $100,000 for a Coyote engined off road only vehicle is ever going to rock crawl with it. You don't need faster than maybe 10 mph to crawl, And in my opinion that much horsepower trying to crawl and if you don't just stall out from running slow you certainly will hit immovables with too much force and will be breaking far more than drivetrain. Baja racers like the DR are intended for flat out balls to the wall flight across the desert. There is no "technical" trials event for these puppies.

And if you build one yourself, you are not really going off road with it-----unless you count the curbs and potholes in the mall parking lot

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, the GT 350 doesn’t use the Coyote. It is the 5.2 Voo Doo.
Right!! with this big bad talk (if it was true) you'd think he could answer his own question.
Besides the V8's with overhead cams have been proven to be too wide to fit in the engine bay.

ErnestoNil

Black Diamond
First Name
Ernesto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my friend is a computer genus.We are going to try and integrate into the factory software?.So everything will be like. factory..Only time will tell.....Maybe it will just turn into a pipe dream with thousands wasted...
I think it's good idea that you are going to try and integrate into the factory software. https://computools.com/ is is a computer genus. They can help with diverse software integrations to save more time on development and improve its functionality

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Incorrect. The Voodoo lags 5lbft (call that rotating assembly mass) behind the 2.7 until the 2.7 peaks then continues on to a higher peak. After 6500 rpm it does drop below the 2.7s peak torque.
The torque curves are available on automobile-catalogue.com but I couldnt the charts to transfer.
The voodoo isn’t going to react well long term to being banged around and it certainly doesn’t like being “lugged” it’s design with the crank is to operate at high rpm’s the opposite of off roading, curious to see your results if this happens I’m just projecting it won’t stay together long using it in that application.

Sponsored

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So Ford actually tried to put a coyote in the engine bay, and they said it will not fit.... Hennessey had bold ans for coyote swap for 150,000... now they are only offering 2.7 H.O option.🤷‍♂️

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The voodoo isn’t going to react well long term to being banged around and it certainly doesn’t like being “lugged” it’s design with the crank is to operate at high rpm’s the opposite of off roading, curious to see your results if this happens I’m just projecting it won’t stay together long using it in that application.
For it not to perform the task at hand as good as or better than the 2.7. With matching torque curves it would have to have an inherent weakness in the block or crank. So that would mean that the 2.7 internals are stronger than what they built for a Shelby. That would be insane. That is like saying the old Boss 302s would be worse than a 250 L6 in a EB. Because it would just fall apart.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish you the best of luck!

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s a
my friend is a computer genus.We are going to try and integrate into the factory software?.So everything will be like. factory..Only time will tell.....Maybe it will just turn into a pipe dream with thousands wasted...
That’s a pretty big maybe. With all due respect, this seems like a troll for your enjoyment.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im putting a gt 350 5.2L V8 engine with a flat-plane crank that produces 526 hp and 429 lb.-ft. of torque. in my bandlands bronco with 7 speed manual trans.The trans is going to monster transmisson for rebuild. the question is will the front and rear diff need to be rebuilt..Or will it handle the power..
Where are you getting a Voodoo engine? Pulling it from a GT 350? Just curious....it's on my list of cars I will need before I die.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or how in debt everyone else is🤷🏻‍♂️
Haha...You may be right! No doubt there is a lot of wealth on this site, but I suspect there is more debt. Whatever the case, the first liar doesn't have a chance on this forum :)
Sponsored