First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the sasquatch package is mandatory on any Bronco build, otherwise you're just getting an SUV style Ranger with the FX4 Off-Road Package. That already has a rear differential, and you can spec one more comfortably than the Bronco for less money.
You mean other than badlands?
Sponsored

Fiestafan

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm undecided.

The I can add everything I want to the base that already comes standard on the BD other than the MGV and I'm still 5k under on budget.
This includes:
Steel bumper and bash plate
Switches
Rock rails
V6

For that 5k I can add the sasquatch package and now I've got everything but MGV. That will give me the locker and other additional suspension wheels not on a standard BD. So now I'd have a more off road capable vehicle for the same price.

I can still add leather/vinal with heated seats and remote start; the only mid package features I care about. And towing(not an option on base) via the aftermarket for under the 5k difference.

I think other than additional goat modes there is nothing else different that I can't do aftermarket for less.

When I lay it all out it seems like base is the best trim for me to go with.

What am I missing that is baked into the 5k difference? I'm asking seriously because I want to know and make the most informed decision.

Oh and I'm going with VB so the extra color options aren't a factor.
I’m right there with you brocotect. I think that’s the build with the most capability for the buck and is in the running for me. As someone else posted tho, there are so many factors that weigh more or less for each of us. I’m undecided too.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't help but think the high clearance bilstein"s will hit the resale market pretty soon

If the after market gets on lift kits and general suspension mods then those stockers get even cheaper for takeoffs
Definitely getting the 2.7 and that rear locker of the BD means I don't have to lay on my back putting one in.

Never had a front locker so the 190 should do everything for me.

Method 702's and some 34 AT's will keep me smiling for years

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean by better instrument cluster?
The instrument cluster will be basically the same . The Badlands high level instrument cluster will have different software and animation screens and lets you configure the screen to suit your preference . I also want the signature head and tail lights and those are not available on the BD unfortunately either .

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like the sasquatch package is mandatory on any Bronco build, otherwise you're just getting an SUV style Ranger with the FX4 Off-Road Package. That already has a rear differential, and you can spec one more comfortably than the Bronco for less money.
You're right. The manual, the 4.46 gears, the different rear suspension design, the MGV/washout interior, an actual real matching spare wheel/tire. All Standard Ranger equipment. The Bronco is not just an SUV Ranger. All Rangers have 3.73s, no manual transmission option, the rear seat in the SuperCab is unuseable. A crew cab XLT FX4, with the LT "offroad" tires and rocker panel armor is a hair over $38k. That still has the vinyl wrapped steering wheel and shifter, and you have to step up to XLT to get Sync 3. This is a truck with less ground clearance, worse approach and departure, and saddled with only 3.73s. No manual option. No trail turn with the automatic. No washout like the BD. It's an apples to oranges comparison.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Chances they are all black behind the ring?
Why in the world can’t we see a picture of them without it ??
The ring stays on, it will come with fake beadlock rings on all wheels, and you can replace the fake ring with a real one.

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is where I am right now. However, the lack of mid and manual is a huge dark mark on the BD. Ford really hamstrung the options for the manual transmission overall for reasons I can't quite understand.

Maxw64

Big Bend
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So like everybody I’ve been playing with Build & Price nonstop.
I think I found the sweet spot for capabilities vs. pricing. It’s a Black Diamond, non-Squatch, 2.7L engine with the 10 speed automatic. Go with the advanced 4WD system.

the only shortcomings vs the Badlands are front locker, Electronic disconnect Sway bar, and I think Bilstein shocks. Badlands has an even more aggressive gear ratio but looks like Black Diamond is pretty sweet too.

if you can live without the front locker and disco bar, and basically all of us who aren’t at Moab probably can, you then save $8K by going Black Diamond in this configuration as opposed to Badlands.

Amirite?
I have the same build with the addition of the towing package. I agree that it is the best package for someone who is price conscious. I have a daughter that I still have to send to college so the upper end models are out of my price range at this point in my life. The Black Diamond checks all my boxes for a great rig while staying in a reasonable payment.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As my Bronco will be hanging on to the back of my RV for thousands of miles I have to really look at both weight and rolling resistance, besides won't be doing much rock crawling, mostly desert running. So BD non-sas with 2.7 & Mid 2-door for me.

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I found the sweet spot for capabilities vs. pricing. It’s a Black Diamond, non-Squatch, 2.7L engine with the 10 speed automatic. Go with the advanced 4WD system.

the only shortcomings vs the Badlands are front locker, Electronic disconnect Sway bar, and I think Bilstein shocks. Badlands has an even more aggressive gear ratio but looks like Black Diamond is pretty sweet too.

if you can live without the front locker and disco bar, and basically all of us who aren’t at Moab probably can, you then save $8K by going Black Diamond in this configuration as opposed to Badlands.

Amirite?
Mmm, i don’t agree, ur being subjective to your preference, like me
I think the sweet spot is a 4 door base with sasquatch

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is where I am right now. However, the lack of mid and manual is a huge dark mark on the BD. Ford really hamstrung the options for the manual transmission overall for reasons I can't quite understand.
IMHO, the only logical reason members here have puzzled out, is the Ford thought the 7M take rate would be closer to the industry average of 5%.
Rather than the expressed desire rate of +40% on these boards.

Even with the ridiculous current restrictions, polls here still show a 20% 7M take rate.

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think your missing a lift and the better instrument cluster but yes BD is good for the money.
Too bad about the mandatory MGV (dealbreaker in Vegas) And no signature headlights.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the BD in concept, but keep getting pulled to the Basesquatch.
The hard core running gear and gutted interior content of the Squatch appeals to me.

If Ford radically alters the content/pricing on the 2022 Broncos, I'll rethink what to get.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Amirite?
Sweet spot for you!

Ford has employed the Starbuck's pricing model that let's everyone get as much as they can afford. Everyone's sweet spot will be different.
Sponsored