Otto44

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Gen 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for posting! I too have no need for the 12" screen on my BD, but going from my 85 4runner to a brand new Bronco will be like night and day as far as technology haha! I also love the digital/searchable owners manual. I feel like I am just now coming out of the stone age!
Sponsored

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Iā€™m surprised so many of you use Apple car play or android auto. I have had CarPlay for years but never used it since I could make phone calls, use navigation, play songs from the radio or my phone all through sync. What benefit does it give you over using sync?

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you make Apple CarPlay take up the whole screen rather than be part of a split-screen application?

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the clarification. I should have looked it up as I don't follow the 4-dr specs as much. 19 mpg is still fine, but it matters what mix of driving(city/hwy) and whether Sean drove the full tank to "E". I know I never drive below a 1/4 tank.
i agree, 19 is pretty good for a test drive...i can guarantee my first tank of gas is not going to be efficient at all šŸ˜

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great video! I'm hoping that this will be easy to update in the future compared to my current, original sync. It is so clunky to use now. I am looking forward to the new technology.
From what I have read, old sync 3 systems canā€™t upgrade to sync 4 due to new hardware and software components.

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for posting! I too have no need for the 12" screen on my BD, but going from my 85 4runner to a brand new Bronco will be like night and day as far as technology haha! I also love the digital/searchable owners manual. I feel like I am just now coming out of the stone age!
Haha thatā€™s a big step up for sure. Glad you enjoyed it.

OP
OP
Ourbroncolife

Ourbroncolife

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™m surprised so many of you use Apple car play or android auto. I have had CarPlay for years but never used it since I could make phone calls, use navigation, play songs from the radio or my phone all through sync. What benefit does it give you over using sync?
I love the WIRELESS aspect of the car play. Using my google maps thru CarPlay is great and my podcasts/musics built into Sync thru it.

Sync does currently have great Bluetooth features for sure.

Mickey21

Wildtrak
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak (Race Red)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Check out this demo we did on the SYNC 4 system on the 21 Bronco - 12" screen Available on Outer Banks and up

Follow along on our Instagram for more videos : @ OurBroncoLife

Keep em coming you magnificent bastard!

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What'd great about this system is that any updates, system improvements, or re-design can be pushed to the Bronco via wireless connection. I see many upgrades coming to this as Ford gets feedback from users. I like the side panel, you can have Nav & the tilt & roll screens up while wheeling, or the wheel cams and T&R for a complete line picture. Not sure why people are dinging it for the side panel reducing screen functionality, you will still have the same real estate for car play as the 8" plus any other info you need or want. Plus it makes the dash look more 'finished' to me. If I was getting the 'high' package 'JUST' for the 12" screen then no, I would pass, but I want the 360 cam, trail cam, and other goodies also, for $1200 over the Mid its a no-brainer for me.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems like a lot of people want to see dark mode, will make a dark mode video soon.

The animation start up happens after each restart with a long enough break in between, not back to back. I had to wait a couple minutes for it to reset to capture it again.
I hope they allow us to upload our own clip to replace the Ford animation, I did this in my wife's Prius, uploaded a clip of the G-Kids playing with puppies she loved (we have 9 G-Kids). I would love to make and edit my own short trail vid to install, that would be cool. Doesn't matter the encoding format.

LVB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Car Play on my Mercedes and it takes over the full screen. Iā€™m not sure why people would prefer this. This makes it unnecessarily difficult to access the car systems like the radio, cameras or other vehicle status, functions, etc. I actually think this system will be better.
Thisssssssss....

It so annoying in the Raptor when youā€™re on car play mode and all youā€™d like to do is see the exterior temperature, but canā€™t because it takes up the entire screen, so youā€™re always going back and forth.

I had a rental F150 a few weekends ago with this new screen and itā€™s a hundred times better. Much, much better.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mabye Ford is better, but the Nav systems in my last two German vehicles have been horrible. To get Nav directions, you would have to either enter the destination by typing everything with a rotary wheel, choosing one character at a time, or speaking very specific commands to enter an address like ā€œStreet: 123 Main Steetā€ ā€œCity: Pleasantvilleā€œ ā€œState: Californiaā€.

The voice recognition on the phones is just way better... ā€œDirections to McDonaldsā€.

Again, Ford maybe better, but in systems Iā€™ve used, you donā€™t get live traffic overlays on the Nav maps showing congestion like you do on Apple, Google or Waze maps.

Last edited:

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thisssssssss....

It so annoying in the Raptor when youā€™re on car play mode and all youā€™d like to do is see the exterior temperature, but canā€™t because it takes up the entire screen, so youā€™re always going back and forth.

I had a rental F150 a few weekends ago with this new screen and itā€™s a hundred times better. Much, much better.
It should have the option to have it both ways....makes everyone happy. The built in nav and front cam let you expand to the full size. Let
Sponsored