Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I certainly haven’t been waiting the longest, my original order was May 1921 (I know what I wrote!) converted to a my22 on 10/21 scheduled to be built “the best day ever“ on January 18 and now I sit in chip hold purgatory. I used to enjoy reading all of the posts from people modifying talking about their orders and now my Disappointment at the situation has caused me to look at these posts with a sense of jealousy and taken almost all of the joy out of a once joyful thing. And don’t Get me started on what you guys waiting for your 21s must be going through but as an apology I’m sure Ford will give us wonderful discounts on accessories… Not
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree and that this whole experience has pretty much sucked any excitement out of it.

I see Broncos all over where I live and yet It has been 613 days since I made my reservation and I still don't have a VIN nor do I have any idea as to when I could expect it.

Meanwhile, I contemplate daily just to say the hell with it and keep my Wrangler. It's alternator is on the top where it's safe, the accessories and aftermarket are abundant and cheaper. Ironically I spent yesterday pricing out what it would cost me to lift my Jeep, add 35s, bumpers, rock rails, and skid plates.... About $5k. Oh and my Wrangler gets 19+ Mpg to boot (of course it would get less once I did all that)

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know what you mean. I have a nice Tacoma but it doesn’t even have a sunroof so I wait!!

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see Broncos all over where I live and yet It has been 613 days since I made my reservation and I still don't have a VIN nor do I have any idea as to when I could expect it.
Luckily, in my area bronco sightings are still rare. If I saw them everywhere my lack of a bronco to go with my hour 2 reservation would/will be significantly more annoying....

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you’re jaded enough to remain unhappy even when your Bronco arrives. Anything short of being made from solid gold with a winning lottery ticket taped to the steering wheel likely wouldn’t make up for it so you may as well bag it at this point and move on. Find something to make you happy and enjoy it.

Sponsored

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw two people on the other Bronco forum last night who ordered the last week of February 2022 and got build dates yesterday after less than 4 weeks waiting. At least one of those was a 4-door with MIC top. I've not been waiting long, so I don't get offended by it. Good luck to all of you!

OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like you’re jaded enough to remain unhappy even when your Bronco arrives. Anything short of being made from solid gold with a winning lottery ticket taped to the steering wheel likely wouldn’t make up for it so you may as well bag it at this point and move on. Find something to make you happy and enjoy it.
Getting the bronco they ordered in the order in which it was placed is a start. You are missing the point. No matter how privileged we are to be in this position doesn’t make it ok for ford to screw us over like this. To say this is somehow asking too much is just wrong

TP1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw two people on the other Bronco forum last night who ordered the last week of February 2022 and got build dates yesterday after less than 4 weeks waiting. At least one of those was a 4-door with MIC top. I've not been waiting long, so I don't get offended by it. Good luck to all of you!
Amazingly short wait for the 4D MIC

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Getting the bronco they ordered in the order in which it was placed is a start. You are missing the point. No matter how privileged we are to be in this position doesn’t make it ok for ford to screw us over like this. To say this is somehow asking too much is just wrong
I'm not missing the point at all. You're correct, what's going on is not ok all, and I'm not saying it is. My point is that you have two choices: you can live with it and continue to wait it out, or you can bag it and move on. As angry as people are, and justifiably so, I see no outcome here that's going to make it better at this point for many of them, and I see any little thing that is less than perfect with the Bronco once it arrives continuing to add to that frustration. So, extricating yourself from the situation while Ford shakes things out may be the best option... at least then the frustration is limited to things to date, rather than being compounded by anything else that happens in the future. In my experience, once the relationship sours to the point it seems it has reached in many of these posts, very little can be done to salvage it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheMostToysWins

TheMostToysWins

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not missing the point at all. You're correct, what's going on is not ok all, and I'm not saying it is. My point is that you have two choices: you can live with it and continue to wait it out, or you can bag it and move on. As angry as people are, and justifiably so, I see no outcome here that's going to make it better at this point for many of them, and I see any little thing that is less than perfect with the Bronco once it arrives continuing to add to that frustration. So, extricating yourself from the situation while Ford shakes things out may be the best option... at least then the frustration is limited to things to date, rather than being compounded by anything else that happens in the future. In my experience, once the relationship sours to the point it seems it has reached in many of these posts, very little can be done to salvage it.
I see your point. I guess it all depends on the individual and their threshold for this treatment.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Face it, the biggest thing screwing us is the one thing that Ford has 100% control over...

Dealer allocation vs reservations

If it were not for their backdoor deals with bigger dealers and backpedaling on their promises, half the post on this board would be gone.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree and that this whole experience has pretty much sucked any excitement out of it.
You said it brother. I saw a Bronco drive through the parking lot of the grocery store I was at yesterday. I didn't even take a second look. I knew it was over right then, and there. I have decided that if I haven't heard any good news about our orders by the time the '23 Ranger order banks open I'm ordering a Ranger. One thing though, Ford better hope the new Ram Dakota doesn't hit the lots before the Ranger. Yep, it's gotten that bad.........
Sponsored