Sponsored

The Base 2-Door Bronco is a Price Hack (I made a video!)

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree base is well equipped and great value.

Edited to remove an incorrect statement..
Sponsored

Last edited:

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Message from the Ford CFO and the rest of the FE 4 Door Brigade

Ford Bronco The Base 2-Door Bronco is a Price Hack (I made a video!) CFA0959C-DE1F-45BF-A71F-6D5ED706015D

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I reserved on July 14 2020 (early morning) and I expect my Bronco to built on July 12, 2021.

I decided to share a video to share my thoughts...

In the video, I will tell you why the 2021 Base Bronco 2-Door is a price hack and a fantastic deal relative to the Jeep Wrangler, the 4-Door, and to other trim levels.

I will review build and price and show you my exact build including my window sticker. I will also show you why I think treating the Bronco like a Lego set to upgrade over time makes sense.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Please see link here:

Ford Bronco The Base 2-Door Bronco is a Price Hack (I made a video!) CFA0959C-DE1F-45BF-A71F-6D5ED706015D
Great video and nice to see someone doing research and making a very educated decision.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good video, and great to hear your reasoning. I hope you get it soon!

Orlo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pancho, great thoughts. I did the exact thought process when I was deciding on my Bronco. I did order the the base Sasquatch but I think your logic still applies. I got my build date today and I am so excited. See you on the road my friend.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No tilt/telescopic wheel in the base is a major dealbreaker for me. I agree base is well equipped and great value, but not if I can’t fit inside.
All Bronco models have manual tilt/telescoping steering columns. I talked to a 6'6" 500-pound guy at SCE and he said he fit as well as he fits into any vehicle so you should be fine. Tons of head room in these things, too.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with much of your analysis and was thinking the exact same thing regarding price differences between 2 and 4 door models.

My biggest concern with the 2 door is space (I have two little ones) and my wife is really sold on the MGV and wash-out floors.

Thanks for sharing.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No tilt/telescopic wheel in the base is a major dealbreaker for me. I agree base is well equipped and great value, but not if I can’t fit inside.
That is absolutely false.

Base does indeed have a tilt/telescopic steering wheel.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

one of the options i would like to find is the rubber mats to replace the carpeted floors on the base. rangers used to never have carpet.. so easy to keep clean..

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base is Best.

I do not want vinyl seats in Phoenix
No need for heated seats in Phoenix
Leather also sucks in Phoenix.

Has to be a manual or I'm not spending good money on it.

Fewer electronics the better. I'd pay extra for an electronics delete honestly.

The one serious drawback to the 2Door base is the itty bitty tiny fuel tank.
If base had wash out floors Id be all over a Basesquatch instead of Badlands. I need something I can get in with wading boots and waders on and not worry about soaking the seats and carpet. I did go standard interior though. No heated seats or BLIS or 12" screen...hate that garbage.

Sponsored

Rambler

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘04 Silverado, ‘97 Wrangler, ‘65 Norton
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s strange that although you get trailer sway control standard on a Base 2 door, they’re not willing to sell you a factory installed tow package. It is nice that you can option the Sasquatch package, a rear locker option would be even nicer. 😎

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the base had Area 51, that is where I would have stayed. I just didn't care for the other base colors too much. My wife was the one who said "if you are going to order and wait for it, then you might as well get the color you want". Black Diamond is my choice. The base and BD seem to embody the ethos of the OG Bronco more than any other trim, IMO.

I like you logic though. cheers to many happy miles and hours in the Bronco.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All Bronco models have manual tilt/telescoping steering columns. I talked to a 6'6" 500-pound guy at SCE and he said he fit as well as he fits into any vehicle so you should be fine. Tons of head room in these things, too.
That is absolutely false.

Base does indeed have a tilt/telescopic steering wheel.
My mistake, you guys are right. I was looking at base vs big bend the other day and I swear I saw something saying one of the upgrades from base to big bend was tilt/telescoping steering wheel.

I’m 6’4” and 320, built like a lineman. My wife is 5’2”, a tilt/telescoping wheel is important.
Ford Bronco The Base 2-Door Bronco is a Price Hack (I made a video!) 7A032D2B-5020-4833-AFB2-9A93F1BF9E86

Uncle Gump

First Name
Gump
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Ranger, 1986 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Full disclosure... I don't even have a reservation for a Bronco. It has always been my plan to see how this plays out for the first couple years and see any variation that may come to market. It doesn't mean I haven't spent hours in the build and price tool crunching numbers. I always came back to the Base Bronco as the best value. I also included the upfitter switches and roof rack in my build. I've owned many manual transmissions and I'm over it... so it also included an automatic transmission.

I guess the biggest difference in my build would be in the Sasquatch Package. I feel there is enough value in that offering to warrant the price of admission... and have those goodies included in the factory warranty. I don't know that I will ever need all of the capability that package adds... but I just can't see leaving those options on the table and regretting not just adding it to the build.

Anyway... Good to see you have a build date and I hope you enjoy the the new ride.
Sponsored