Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From what i've been told, currently MAP can't build more Broncos even if they build less Rangers. I was told that Rangers more or less went out of production for a few weeks due to the brake line manufacture going out of business-they couldn't increase Bronco production because they plant isn't configured that way due to trim/body issues.
My understanding is that Ranger and Bronco start out in different lines, but merge in to a common line somewhere in the middle of the process. So, fewer rangers means more Broncos to a point, but then the bottleneck shifts from the end of the line to back earlier in the line.
Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yeah I'm 6'3" and it feels like all of their seats are going to give me instant back problems. My back has been loving the Bronco seats though.
Interesting. I drove a rental loaded Toyota Highlander from Detroit to Charlotte and when we got home my back was killing me. I'm 6'2" and I've never had issues with my back on long trips. I didn't realize that was a Toyota thing, but I've driven a few other vehicles on that same trip with no issues...šŸ¤”

WarringEagle

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
+1 on the sport bar design. It makes it a death trap for any tall drivers. It crosses it off as an option for any tall drivers.
Iā€™ll second/third that. Sat in Wrangler 5 years ago because I wanted a convertible, already owned a Mustang and was too tall for a Miata. Was surprised to find I was also too tall for the Jeep due to the freaking weird placement of the bar.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting. I drove a rental loaded Toyota Highlander from Detroit to Charlotte and when we got home my back was killing me. I'm 6'2" and I've never had issues with my back on long trips. I didn't realize that was a Toyota thing, but I've driven a few other vehicles on that same trip with no issues...šŸ¤”
Iā€™ve been driving a 2017 4Runner since early 2017 and when driving between AZ and CA, as I do quite a bit, Iā€™d have a sore back for days and had to ā€œwalk offā€ the drive every time. I loved The 4Runner, and figured the sore back and legs was just due to me crossing the half century mark in life. Iā€™m also over 6ā€™. Since Iā€™ve had my Bronco, I donā€™t feel a thing after the AZ-CA drives or even some longer ones. Incredible difference in comfort on the short but especially long drives!

tapritchettAREA51

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure I understand the straight axle vs IFS thing. We went to the Bronco Off Rodeo event in Texas back in December before we got our Bronco (AKA Hazel). If a jeep will go where a Bronco won't because of the straight axle I probably don't need to go there. The Sas package with the 4.7 locking axles are awesome, the thing will climb a tree.