MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base trim is a terrible car. It is not capable at all without options and the options add up fast. For most it makes sense to get a BD or BB instead of a mildly optioned base. I can see Ford making decent margins on the Base and having fewer supply chain issues with fewer components.
I look at the Base this way, I pay the $6500 for the SAS and get the 6 cylinder, and I have the exact same performance as the Wildtrak........or I could pay $5k to get the BB, which gives me a useless grab handle, tint and a leather steering wheel.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's the MMR list of FE 4DR Broncos sold at dealer auctions for the month of January. This list is actual dealer-to-dealer sales transactions.
Screenshot (28).png
Well I hope that each and every dealer that paid $20k over sticker for a FE gets stuck with it. It would serve them right. I can sort of understand Palm Beach, FL, they light their Cuban cigars and snort their coke with rolled up Benjamins, lol (reruns of CSI, Miami on H&I)

Seriously, though, can you or are you willing to add dealer names to this list so we can place them on the wall of shame?

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Isn’t it possible that a dealer buys a FE for $80K, tries to sell it for more than that, doesn’t find a buyer and puts it back on the block? It could be like a game of musical chairs and the last one standing when the music stops is going to lose out.
Only for so long. With auction fees, transportation costs, etc. each dealer would lose more and more on it each time it sold. So this only works for so long. Some parts of the country there are people still willing to pay these prices. Wont last forever, but it's still happening for now. And I'm sure some of these dealers are buying them as it's their only access to ever having one to sell.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well I hope that each and every dealer that paid $20k over sticker for a FE gets stuck with it. It would serve them right. I can sort of understand Palm Beach, FL, they light their Cuban cigars and snort their coke with rolled up Benjamins, lol (reruns of CSI, Miami on H&I)

Seriously, though, can you or are you willing to add dealer names to this list so we can place them on the wall of shame?
This info isn't even supposed to be shared (must be member of auction with login .. good way to lose access). So no seller or buyer info shouldn't be posted if it's even available.

And if a dealer wants to pay that price it's their right. And if they don't get a return then that's on them also.

Don't like the prices don't pay them wait until they come down. If you miss out you miss out and if you don't, then it was worth the wait.

We've all gotten to wait until something came down in price before we were willing to buy it, and sometimes we miss out also. But complaining about what others pay is a waste of time.

Last edited:

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Instead of griping(which won't change anything) don't pay the prices. If no one does, they will come down. This is everyone's best way to drive down prices, don't pay these prices and eventually they'll have to come down to something people are willing to pay.

And it wasn't just dealers that made these prices go up, people flipping their vehicles contributed to this as well. So there'd be blame there too.

But that's capitalism at work. Just don't take the bait and don't pay the big prices and it will be at work again when prices drop.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
This isn’t too surprising….. with 7500 or so produced. How many Middle East princes are there? How many people go to Barrett Jackson with 80k for something new? People spend big for one offs and customs, not new factory vehicles. Glad to hear some dealer getting checked.
CFA35A3B-1116-49AE-B1E7-CD27C89B25AF.gif
There is most likely half as many 2021 Base models built than FE. An Iconic Silver 2 door BaseSasquatch might be the rarest 2021 build with Sasquatch.

Jordanyoung

Base
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine is a basesqauatch and I personally think it was smart of ford because jeep doesnt have a "off road" package you can add from factory. Plus it saved me money because I wanted 35 inch tires regardless. I understand where folks are coming from about it hurting the values of FE with the sas being offered on all trims. But on the otherside of it Ford made it more affordable for the consumers to get exactly what they want. After all their mission statement says "To make people's lives better by making mobility accessible and affordable"

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base

With mid 80's these guys are going to lose alot of $$$, I've already seen FE's on Ebay going for $74k.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Although it's a good news that the market is cooling off, there is also a lot of customers that bought cars last year at premium financing them that will need to kept those car for a long time as their trade is going to the bottom.

For instance, an used KIA Forte with 40k miles at 21k. The trade for that car won't be more than 9k in less than a year.

That's just an example of many that I have seen and I have recommended to hold the purchase for a little bit more (a year).

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They seem to be selling just fine..
Ford Bronco The First Edition Bronco WILL go down in US History as the first American vehicle to BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME LOL! [Auction Pricing Insight] EA9DF264-D4E7-4DDE-85F4-0023F86D99E0

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, keep the Sasquatch out of the hands of the serfs who don't want to spend 50 or 60 grand on a Bronco. Let them eat cake!

Sasquatch on every trim was the best thing Ford did with the Bronco.

First Edition isn't special enough to hold it's value over any other loaded Bronco.

Every time I see someone pay MSRP or ADM on a Bronco I remember back to the time people were doing the same for the PT Cruiser. Crazy, but it happened.

This shall pass.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I look at the Base this way, I pay the $6500 for the SAS and get the 6 cylinder, and I have the exact same performance as the Wildtrak........or I could pay $5k to get the BB, which gives me a useless grab handle, tint and a leather steering wheel.
🤔 maybe I need to look at the build tool again …

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's not true. I look it is a capable Bronco that can be improved on with options. But those options aren't necessary. So many fall into the trap that a vehicle needs to be optioned both from the factory and aftermarket to become capable. But that mentality is paralysis of ever testing the capabilities. Look at what @Dusty has done with his stripper base. It has seen more challenging terrain than most Broncos will ever see.

How much did he spend on mods? Did he add a locker? A lift? Some people might want to spend that cash out of pocket. Others would rather finance it and not deal with that plus the potential warranty invalidation issues. I’m not a big fan of spending tens of thousands out of pocket when it could be going into investments that generate a return instead. Financed car money is play money and for $10k out of pocket you can literally get another vehicle or four if you can qualify for those loans.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How much did he spend on mods? Did he add a locker? A lift? Some people might want to spend that cash out of pocket. Others would rather finance it and not deal with that plus the potential warranty invalidation issues. I’m not a big fan of spending tens of thousands out of pocket when it could be going into investments that generate a return instead. Financed car money is play money and for $10k out of pocket you can literally get another vehicle or four if you can qualify for those loans.
@Dusty Do you want to answer this?