Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love how all IFS vehicles are mall crawlers and the only way to metric for determining if an automatic is better than a manual is drag racing. It reminds me of how all cities are New York City and the only way to tell two people apart is their height.
Sponsored

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I could care less about front suspension. None of my offroading involves the need for 1 tons and 40s. IFS will take me everywhere I'd go with a SFA. I would like a manual trans unless it drops the towing too drastically. The real question is, 2.3L with manual or 2.7L with 10speed? Assuming both are offered in two door.

Chadillac

Base
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's a clean example but every past experience I had with a Liberty was hilariously bad. I remember a dude bricked one while fording a creek. Snagged a rock that broke his mid exhaust and contorted it in such a way he couldn't drive out. Finally freed after hack sawing the exhaust to shreds and towing backwards. Sounded like a nightmare burbling through water with no muffler. LOL The interior was shit after that as well.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I love how all IFS vehicles are mall crawlers and the only way to metric for determining if an automatic is better than a manual is drag racing. It reminds me of how all cities are New York City and the only way to tell two people apart is their height.
It was obvious how pathetic the flex was on the offroad trailer they did of the mule... it's good for a rougher dirt road and that's it.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It was obvious how pathetic the flex was on the offroad trailer they did of the mule... it's good for a rougher dirt road and that's it.
Yep you're 100% right. Absolutely useless for anything but taking to the mall. I don't even see why Ford is bothering. It will be rubbish right out of the gate.

Anyway see you on the trails.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep you're 100% right. Absolutely useless for anything but taking to the mall. I don't even see why Ford is bothering. It will be rubbish right out of the gate.

Anyway see you on the trails.
No you won't :D, it won't keep up with even a bone stock Rubicon...
Ford Bronco The gripe thread. 1584486596306

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. 1584486622245

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Funny this should come up. I have a pic of a similar situation. IFS will always tend to "lift" the opposite tire and if no locker most cases will spin the tire and no longer climb the obstacle. With newer traction control the ECM will try to apply the brake in an attempt to continue to climb but more times than not the obstacle wins and you have to reverse and use a second attempt with a little more speed to overcome the loss of traction cause by the IFS 'lifting" the opposing tire.

More speed = sometimes a harder landing or too much speed for the next obstacle getting you into trouble there or worst case, BREAKAGE !!

And this is why I argue for a SFA it is a simpler more robust off road suspension that gets the job done.

And don't take it the wrong way, IFS just needs to be beefy to hold up to 35+ tires and the off road abuse. Unlike what we have seen in the past with so called 4WD but not so off road.

I believe Ford is building an off road vehicle.

here is a good example of IFS built for the off road. think of this when looking at the suspension of the new Bronco.

https://www.marlincrawler.com/suspension/rclt/rclt-hd

and this is not to say we might see something like this we just don't know yet because we get one delay after another.

One thing for sure. I'll be getting me one and beating the hell out of it to find out.

ifs-vs-sas.jpg

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I believe Ford is building an off road vehicle.
They tried, but they compromised it's offroad capabilities in order to probably reuse the ranger parts, and placate the "it's more comfortable and handles better" crowd that acts as if wranglers and superduties just roll over every time they pull in and out of a parking lot.

My point was, they're making 2 different broncos... one of them could have been a solid front axle. Especially when they said they wanted to compete with the Wrangler. But nope.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They tried, but they compromised it's offroad capabilities in order to probably reuse the ranger parts, and placate the "it's more comfortable and handles better" crowd that acts as if wranglers and superduties just roll over every time they pull in and out of a parking lot.

My point was, they're making 2 different broncos... one of them could have been a solid front axle. Especially when they said they wanted to compete with the Wrangler. But nope.

I am holding out hope because the has been talk here of a "climber" edition or I've seen Warthog flashed around, even talk of 37's. So until we see what Ford has been planning I will not say we are not going to see something. Nothing is known until it is official.

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No you won't :D, it won't keep up with even a bone stock Rubicon...
Ford Bronco The gripe thread. ifs-vs-sas

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. ifs-vs-sas
My stock samurai would do that with no issue no doubt the bronco will too. If you want to talk capabilities drive over the rock and post those pics. No doubt flex is good but many way to overcome minor variations of capabilities.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
My stock samurai would do that with no issue no doubt the bronco will too. If you want to talk capabilities drive over the rock and post those pics. No doubt flex is good but many way to overcome minor variations of capabilities.
Hey! Another samurai guy on these boards. But mine is not exactly stock...

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. 20190616_150400

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haha I never thought of that.

So what happens when that jeep keeps driving over that rock ?

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same boat here. Without the SFA it's dead to me, it's just another mall crawler SUV. Don't need any of that, plenty of other independent suspension pavement bound vehicles out there.
So we can already see you're a troglodyte, but lets dig deeper

Well, until manuals are faster than autos, manuals are slower than autos. Your pile of shit crank walking DSM would get demolished by the fastest mod motor... with an auto:
"crank walking" all the way down that 1/4 mile faster than any auto you own, and that's the point of my post. Until you have an auto that's THAT fast, you have no place telling someone "autos are faster" because your pathetic ass is still slower than a manual

In mustangs, the 6r80 and 10r80 are a helluva lot faster than the weak ass MT82. Not to mention, driving a manual that's made to hold up to 4 digits power is absolutely garbage. My 10s mustang would have broken many MT82s if it wasn't for my bullet proof slush box; and it would have been slower in the process.
Cool, so what you're saying is you aren't skilled enough to break into the 10s (LOL) without a computer shifting your car for you... got it

You stated a 7 second manual is the fastest car on earth because in your knowledge there is no automatic car faster than that.
Please, feel free to quote where I said that

Even if you're referring to whatever implication you may have gathered, the BEST any logical person would be able to muster is "not a single person in this thread has a car faster than that DSM"... but we already identified that "logical" isn't exactly a character trait that can be associated with you

It's not. It's slow. Especially for an all out race car. There are faster autos and that's the end of that idiotic argument.
Cool, so what I'm gathering here is that you still don't own a car faster than it... got it

There are automatic 8s cars that are perfectly streetable ffs.
Just the fact that you think barely breaking 8s is anywhere CLOSE to a 7.0... Jesus Christ XD

Manuals are fun, but they just don't perform.
Wow, the one sensible thing you've said from all that incoherent rambling. Yes, manuals are fun, and generally speaking, they don't perform as well. But there are PLENTY of things you can do to make a manual faster than its auto counterpart before resorting to buying an auto, and you won't have to sacrifice that fun factor... that has been my point this whole time
Sponsored