Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco The "Hanging on by a thread" thread. maxresdefault

Ford is laughing all the way to the bank. But to be fair, they're just like every other automaker. It's all about the up sell. A la carte ordering died decades ago. The F150 and Mustang communities know this pain all too well.

As far as the launch, yeah, I agree...they screwed up. They made the fans wait an additional three months and STILL used CGI, concepts, and premature options list. At least we had specs and some pricing on day one...which is more than we can say for the '21 F150. There were very few photos available on the Ford Gallery (only 8) and even fewer of the interior. And none of the back cargo area. Guys that want to order based on interior don't even really know what that looks like.

Edit: In fairness about the critique, most reveals are just journalists walking around the vehicle at an auto show and things do/can change between the reveal and actual production. I guess it just feels like more of a let down because of the wait time.

It was a sales pitch to get people to loan them $100 interest free in exchange for some teaser shots. At least the Sport is all ready to go with a Build tool and full interior shots. The Bronco is that kid who's assignment was due last week and the teacher asked for a rough draft to at least prove he's working on it.

Last edited:

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Then they should’ve just not offered the manual then tbh. To advertise a 7 speed manual with a sweet crawl ratio, and then require a $12,000 upgrade to have it be reasonably useful is crazy. And the #1 upgrade to that $12,000 upgrade (Sasquatch) automatically removes the that option.

To me personally, factory 35’s and the 7 speed are the two coolest part of the Bronco. To make them mutually exclusive is deal breaking to me.
I agree.
I am happy that the Bronco is coming back, but Ford is the biggest tease when it came to the 7mt. I wish they never mentioned it, then we could have known 2.7 auto is what everyone would choose. Damn EPA fuel regulations.
I’m not at the deal breaker stage yet, we could still get my wife one as a DD(auto). I was hoping for a killer toy (7mt/2.7)that would replace our 2018 mustang gt manual. Now we have some thinking to do before making a decision.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man, I can feel your pain.

Unfortunately for you, you're not the target demographic. I am.

I'll buy a 4 Door with auto and leather and the B&O and it'll have ATs not MTs. I'll probably buy some accessory crap from Ford. 99 percent of my driving with be to work or hauling kids. I won't buy one if it's too noisy inside on the highway.

People like me buy in much larger numbers, and generally buy shit that's more profitable (lux packs)

But I feel you. That sucks. Mainly because it was "sold" to you in a deceptive manner...then they yanked the rug out.
Thank you to you and your people in advance. My F stock NEEDS your help.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

$12k gets you to the badlands which is the only way to get the M210 front axle and a manual. Even with that you can’t Sasquatch it and keep the manual.
They get you with paying for upgrades twice.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m just happy at how pissed off all you people are.

It took me a long time to get over the IFS part but I did. Still would prefer a 5.0, but a 2.7/auto/badsquatch with marine vinyl sounds great to me.

I think we should start chucking chairs at all the 2.7/manual/squatch whiners, kinda like you did at the V8/SFA whiners.
Shelling out $50k?

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

M0t0rB0at3r

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct me if I'm wrong, but packages are nothing more than a convenient manner of grouping commonly-paired individual options (and sometimes at a discount). Do we know for a fact that we cannot order individual options a la carte (dependencies considered, like sunroof on a soft top)? In the past, a crafty person behind the dealer's ordering system has been able to come up with some great combinations. Do we know this is completely ruled out by the offering of packages, and it is legitimately time to freak out, or is there the possibility that we can still build largely what we want code-by-code (excepting certain restrictions, like the manual and 2.7)?
I contacted Mullinax Ford in West Palm Beach Florida and asked the same question. They weren't really sure at this point. At first they said no, then they said they were not sure. The Rep said that he will know more when he receives an order form.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
99 percent of my driving with be to work or hauling kids. I won't buy one if it's too noisy inside on the highway.
And herein lies the big question: how will the Bronco behave on pavement, where it will spend the vast majority of its time for the vast majority of its owners?

Sponsored

gmcul8r

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, International Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in agreement. I, like many other, have been patiently waiting for years. Once Monday came and I got to see the result, I was so freaking excited! It lived up to my expectations! However, once I saw no 2.7L with a manual I was heart-broken, and now now squatch..... I was willing to pay whatever it took to get the Bronco of my dreams, even the astronomical price of the 1st Edition, but now I can't justify spending that kind of money on a rig that I feel like I am making sacrifices on. I am now in the market for a much lower trim-level,,,,, if at all anymore.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Man, I can feel your pain.

Unfortunately for you, you're not the target demographic. I am.

I'll buy a 4 Door with auto and leather and the B&O and it'll have ATs not MTs. I'll probably buy some accessory crap from Ford. 99 percent of my driving with be to work or hauling kids. I won't buy one if it's too noisy inside on the highway.

People like me buy in much larger numbers, and generally buy shit that's more profitable (lux packs)

But I feel you. That sucks. Mainly because it was "sold" to you in a deceptive manner...then they yanked the rug out.
Millennial :cautious:

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And herein lies the big question: how will the Bronco behave on pavement, where it will spend the vast majority of its time for the vast majority of its owners?
I bet it drives great. Probably gets decent mileage.

But I gotta be honest...To many years of gunfire, explosions, and loud stereos have taken their toll...I can't hear SHIT when there's a hum of background noise. I can barely talk to my wife in a restaurant. Conversations in my Jeep (with the top on) don't happen above 20 mph.

I have to have a quiet-ish vehicle for my daily, and this is frankly, my biggest concern with the Bronco. I wanted a fixed roof. I know that I'm in the minority and I'm fine with it coming off...But if it's not quieter than a Jeep with it on, I'm probably going to bow out.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm really surprised the Sasquatch isn't an option for the manual tranny.

The 2.3 only makes more sense given the 7-Speed is being designed specifically for the Bronco and it needs to be tested with something.

With time ticking, and who knows how smoothly the testing has been going plus you cannot take Covid out of the equation - to get the vehicle (hopefully) out in time some things have to be delayed.

I will be disappointed when the colors I really want come out in year 2 or 3. Hopefully between now and November (3+ months), they get enough 7-speeds to test out with the 35" tires and it proves to be hardy enough to green light that combo.

I think the 2.7 could eventually happen - but then you will have drivers complaining the 3.0 Warthog only comes in automatic. :p