Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Exactly

Next Wednesday can't come fast enough xD
I really hope they do not disappoint by going with an auto only. I am fearful since they neutered the GT500. I really don't know who is making decisions at Ford, but making all your vehicles the "same" does not make people want to buy them more. Ford has SUVs (any size you like) and the Mustang. Heck, they even got rid of the Flex (which I liked). Stupid people making decisions make stupid answers.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Autos are for commuter cars and grocery getters.
Considering that's a vast majority of the miles I'll be putting on mine, I take offense to that. So don't mind me and my 10sp auto cruising through the wal mart parking lot. :LOL::LOL:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope they do not disappoint by going with an auto only. I am fearfull since they neutered the GT500. I really don't know who is making decisions at Ford, but making all your vehicles the "same" does not make people want to buy them more. Ford has SUVs (any size you like) and the Mustang. Heck, they even got rid of the Flex (which I liked). Stupid people making decisions make stupid answers.
Ford Bronco The gripe thread. 1584032786990

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really hope they do not disappoint by going with an auto only. I am fearfull since they neutered the GT500. I really don't know who is making decisions at Ford, but making all your vehicles the "same" does not make people want to buy them more. Ford has SUVs (any size you like) and the Mustang. Heck, they even got rid of the Flex (which I liked). Stupid people making decisions make stupid answers.
ok, Im in the manual camp, except that I Agree with Ford on the GT500. How did they neuter it? It was a no holds barred make the mustang as fast as street legally possibly, and simply put, that requires the auto. The design intent was to sacrifice fun and 'feel' for speed and power, to show what they could do. And they did.

That is why the GT350 is considered the drivers car, and the GT500 the racers car.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, Im in the manual camp, except that I Agree with Ford on the GT500. How did they neuter it? It was a no holds barred make the mustang as fast as street legally possibly, and simply put, that requires the auto. The design intent was to sacrifice fun and 'feel' for speed and power, to show what they could do. And they did.

That is why the GT350 is considered the drivers car, and the GT500 the racers car.
DCT should have been AN option, not the SOLE option

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

So you are saying they couldn't offer a manual on basically a custom ordered, custom built vehicle? I have owned 6 Mustangs and NONE of them were autos. My first car was a 67 Mustang. My last was a 94 Cobra. I hear you, but it is more of an image thing vs practicality. I would never buy a sports car with an auto because....why bother? The point of having a manual is control, fun and connecting you to the road. Paddle shifters are NOT the same.

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you are saying they couldn't offer a manual on basically a customed ordered vehicle? I have owned 6 Mustangs and NONE of them were autos. My first car was a 67 Mustang. My last was a 94 Cobra. I hear you, but it is more of an image thing vs practicality. I would never buy a sports car with an auto because....why bother? The point of having a manual is control, fun and connecting you to the road. Paddle shifters are NOT the same.
Sports car with auto is like hot red head whose flat

Some people are into that, but not everyone

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sports car with auto is like hot red head whose flat

Some people are into that, but not everyone
Teslas are fast and cool, but it still feels like you are driving a refined golf cart. I own a CMAX Energi, and it feels the same way. I would love to have a CMAX manual. But alas, Ford keeps dropping all the cars I like (CMAX, Flex, I loved what Mercury did to the Ford baseline vehicles). I will be supremely disappointed with just an Auto.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Teslas are fast and cool, but it still feels like you are driving a refined golf cart. I own a CMAX Energi, and it feels the same way. I would love to have a CMAX manual. But alas, Ford keeps dropping all the cars I like (CMAX, Flex, I loved what Mercury did to the Ford baseline vehicles). I will be surpreemly disappointed with just an Auto.
I doubt they're full retard, they're not Government Motors

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I doubt they're full retard, they're not Government Motors
From your lips to Fords ears. My son even wrote a letter to Ford (he is 14) asking them to bring back Mercury and to make sure the Bronco has a manual. He said he NEEDED a manual (I must have really brain washed him...) He has driven a manual in the parking lot and must have really liked it. Gotta start them young.

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you are saying they couldn't offer a manual on basically a custom ordered, custom built vehicle? I have owned 6 Mustangs and NONE of them were autos. My first car was a 67 Mustang. My last was a 94 Cobra. I hear you, but it is more of an image thing vs practicality. I would never buy a sports car with an auto because....why bother? The point of having a manual is control, fun and connecting you to the road. Paddle shifters are NOT the same.
I can understand why they did not offer it as an option. Because then they would have been selling performance wise sub-par GT500s, and they did not want those out there. They wanted every GT500 to be top tier. and also consistent.

you will also likely never see me own a GT500, not cause I can't afford one, but because for my toys I like them to be sticks. I'd rather a GT350 over the GT500. if the mach 1 comes out next year I'll be ordering one of those though, and it will be a stick. My 2dr bronco will be a stick, or I won't be getting one. 4dr bronco will likely be auto though.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand why they did not offer it as an option. Because then they would have been selling performance wise sub-par GT500s, and they did not want those out there. They wanted every GT500 to be top tier. and also consistent.

you will also likely never see me own a GT500, not cause I can't afford one, but because for my toys I like them to be sticks. I'd rather a GT350 over the GT500. if the mach 1 comes out next year I'll be ordering one of those though, and it will be a stick. My 2dr bronco will be a stick, or I won't be getting one. 4dr bronco will likely be auto though.
I'm semi with you, I'm also a convertible guy, so while I'd love a Boss, Shelby or (switching brands), Challenger, a GT built right would suit me better

Why seeing a topless Bronco nearly sealed the deal, now just waiting to see engine and trans choices

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From your lips to Fords ears. My son even wrote a letter to Ford (he is 14) asking them to bring back Mercury and to make sure the Bronco has a manual. He said he NEEDED a manual (I must have really brain washed him...) He has driven a manual in the parking lot and must have really liked it. Gotta start them young.
Why bring back Mercury?? They were the Buick's of Ford
Sponsored