JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK, all you Jeep fanboys can post here. This thread is to get some of the salt out of the other conversations.

Yes, I wish that the rear window was a roll down into the tail gate. Oh. I wish it was a damn tail gate.

I'm really hoping there is some SFA package and aftermarket V8 conversion available. And that the rear cage can be removed on the 2 door. And that the 2 door can be turned into a half cab. missed opportunity there if not.

There are renders that I preferred over what we got, but what we got is better than I expected, so I guess I am somewhat salty but OK on this Bronco.

Let out your bitches and complaints here. The 2 door is longer than it looks in the tan leaked photo, it's the same length as the heep, near enough, not 3 feet shorter.

I am not buying a bronco to tow my 35' boat or 3 cords of wood, or to well...work. This is a damn toy, any way you slice it. the 4 door makes a fun little grocery getter for a family man (or woman), and the 2dr for a 2nd or 5th vehicle for him (or her) or for the single guy (or gal). I'm not planning on it being my comfy Lexus comparable DD to pick up all 7 kids and the wife, and her mom comfortably.....its for when I don't have to do anything more than grab a 6 pack or bottle of whisky on my way home/gym/best buds/woods/fishing hole/strip club/mall. And to pull my shitty ass mower out of the yard when it gets stuck in a mud hole.....cause the stock F-250 weighs so much it sinks 4 inches in the 'dry' sections.

And damnit, show me something other than black or white. I'm not some boomer or millennial, I want POP, Pizzazz., circumstance! I want to be fun dammit!

And why do I want to pay for some stupid hood tie downs? This thing is going to be used to crawl over parking bumpers at the mall! I don't need some silly kayak tie downs for that! (kidding, I think they're kinda cool)
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have minor gripes. Like the backglass not rolling down. I love that feature in my Tundra and use it all the time.

But you know...my Tundra's roof and doors don't come off so I'm already over that.

The first full leaked image, plus what we already know, have me pretty sold. I have no complaints large enough to keep me from buying this over a 4Runner or Defender.

At this point, it's going to be down to the details. Interior, how it drives, price, etc.

But yeah...I don't have a major gripe and I'm a day 1 order (if the Raptor version is available anyway).

Sorry I didn't gripe much in your gripe thread. I'll do better next time.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, when they first announced the bronco a few years ago, I rolled my eyes because I was expecting it to be a crossover. Maybe a boxy explorer with a slight lift. Basically I expect the bronco to be what the sport is...
Then I saw what gm did with the Blazer and started thinking "this is what car manufacturers think an SUV is now, tall road going grocery getters.".
I'm glad to see Ford isn't going that route and this bronco exceeds what I thought it would be by a lot... I have no gripes unless the manual transmission thing ends up being fake news.

Static

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly don't have the patience to read a 3 paragraph "gripe".

I'm here, (and so should you) to discuss and speculate over the 2021 Bronco.

If you're a Jeep fan, there are TONS of places for you to discuss your opinions, this is not that place.

I understand your feeling the Bronco might give you a run for your money, but contain your anxiety.

Your Jeep is still the king for now...

Riley

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor
I have a roll down back glass in a vintage wagoneer. It’s a complete pain in the ass.

Want to walk up to the back and grab something? Better have the keys. Fumble for keys. Then insert key and wait for the window to roll down, completely. Oh, the keys are in the ignition? Walk around, open door, turn on ignition. Hold button to roll glass down, completely. Walk around. Open tailgate which is 60 lbs heavier than it needs to be because it’s full of glass, regulator, window motor, and wiper motors. Got your stuff in/out now? Lift overweight tailgate and slam closed. Now walk around to the drivers door. Open drivers door. Turn ignition back on if you turned it off. Hold button to close, completely. Turn off ignition. Walk around and get stuff you left on the ground because you had to roll up the back glass.

But you don’t mind and you think it’s cool to roll the window down when you’re cruising? It’s not. Every ounce of exhaust fumes gets sucked into the cab and makes it unbearable. Heaven forbid you are on a gravel/dirt road. You and your interior will be the same color as the dirt road you are driving on, all except for the white in your eyes. I just don’t see the appeal.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Much like the FSB-like roll down gate glass, I think a tail gate would be a cool throw back, particularly with branding across it, BUT the swing gate is easier for people to open and close and is two steps for full access vs swing tire carrier out, open tail gate, swing up glass. Not to mention ease of reach once open.

biggest complaint is the radius on the tops. The original was a pretty angular drip rail top. Then again the describes a JK top so I see why they went with a different design look.

Overall though: the two door looks like an EB, and the four looks a much better take on an EB than I was hoping for.

Last gripe: the waiting is the hardest part!

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the waiting is the hardest part!
I’m ok with the wait for it to be out, I’m not a day 1 buyer. I’ll be under on my 4Runner for another year, and I want a 2021 Mach 1 if the rumors are true first. But I get it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only gripe I might have depends on if a manual transmission is available or not. If not, that’s a total fail. You can’t build a wrangler alternative and nod to early Broncos without a manual option. Looks like they got everything else right, but I’m not buying an automatic Bronco.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a roll down back glass in a vintage wagoneer. It’s a complete pain in the ass.

Want to walk up to the back and grab something? Better have the keys. Fumble for keys. Then insert key and wait for the window to roll down, completely. Oh, the keys are in the ignition? Walk around, open door, turn on ignition. Hold button to roll glass down, completely. Walk around. Open tailgate which is 60 lbs heavier than it needs to be because it’s full of glass, regulator, window motor, and wiper motors. Got your stuff in/out now? Lift overweight tailgate and slam closed. Now walk around to the drivers door. Open drivers door. Turn ignition back on if you turned it off. Hold button to close, completely. Turn off ignition. Walk around and get stuff you left on the ground because you had to roll up the back glass.

But you don’t mind and you think it’s cool to roll the window down when you’re cruising? It’s not. Every ounce of exhaust fumes gets sucked into the cab and makes it unbearable. Heaven forbid you are on a gravel/dirt road. You and your interior will be the same color as the dirt road you are driving on, all except for the white in your eyes. I just don’t see the appeal.
and yet you want a soft top or any part of a top that comes off? At least power, I can power it up if I hit
a dusty section. Have fun taking your manual top on or off a zillion times. As for exh, easily fixed if you
have exh stock, coming out side, right after rear wheel. Have zero issues on my 79.

The TG itself is killer usable for everything from setting down tackle fishing, sitting on at "tailgates",
extending load area for short trips, work surface for offroad repairs, and staying open when it's
super windy out. And if made like pickups, could even be easily removable with one small connector
like the doors will be.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. No tailgate with roll down window. That sure made life simple back in the day, especially when I went out to get 2x4's or anything in that 8 foot range. Plus the "fresh" air factor (sorry to the Jeep guy, but you got fumes probably cuz it's a Jeep) :unsure:

2. Not full size. Yeah I know damn well that a FSB would never have sold as well as this new one probably will. But I'm not hitting the trails, and I like a good FSB. So sue me.

3. People who see the leaked pics and say "Looks like a Jeep or a Land Rover"! That drives me nuts, the ONLY part that looks like a Jeep to me, is that stupid rear window that lifts up.

4. People in general... They annoy me! ? But most people here seem pretty cool.

5. The sales people I'm going to deal with when I go to buy my new Bronco. It's sad how many times I've known more about the vehicle that I'm looking at, than the sales person closing the deal.... which still takes 4 hours to get through.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. No tailgate with roll down window. That sure made life simple back in the day, especially when I went out to get 2x4's or anything in that 8 foot range. Plus the "fresh" air factor (sorry to the Jeep guy, but you got fumes probably cuz it's a Jeep) :unsure:

2. Not full size. Yeah I know damn well that a FSB would never have sold as well as this new one probably will. But I'm not hitting the trails, and I like a good FSB. So sue me.

3. People who see the leaked pics and say "Looks like a Jeep or a Land Rover"! That drives me nuts, the ONLY part that looks like a Jeep to me, is that stupid rear window that lifts up.

5. The sales people I'm going to deal with when I go to buy my new Bronco. It's sad how many times I've known more about the vehicle that I'm looking at, than the sales person closing the deal.... which still takes 4 hours to get through.
1) I'm still aggravated at the flip up rear. I've had multiple vehicles of both styles, and by far prefer the roll down rear, just for it's use while driving with the top on. the only one I've had issues with is the 82 Bronco, because it doesn't go down all the way.

2) I'm glad we're getting the mid size, but I also hope that we get a new FSB in a few years along side this one.

3) Yeah, come on, have they never seen the EB? and every mid size real 4x4 there is only so much you can do design wise, they have to have a lot of similarities just due to practicality.

4) agreed.

5) talk to chrispy, just order and fly out to KC and road trip it home!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

These three 100%

And if I must continue griping, I would have loved a tailgate over a swing gate. Even more so a tail gate with decent load capability and a "bed extender".

Also I have a feeling that the design won't allow for a fully flat cargo area with the rear seats folder down, so either Ford will have to offer a "false floor" with good load rating or I'm going to have to build one. Bah humbug.

I'm also annoyed that if I buy the Bronco, and then decide to buy a Mach E too, that might put me off buying a Pajero Evo by a couple more years which I don't know if I can deal with.

Also if that BRONCO on the front really does light up my jimmies will be infinitely rustled. This isn't New Jersey, dammit.

Dirt

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I honestly don't have the patience to read a 3 paragraph "gripe".

I'm here, (and so should you) to discuss and speculate over the 2021 Bronco.

If you're a Jeep fan, there are TONS of places for you to discuss your opinions, this is not that place.

I understand your feeling the Bronco might give you a run for your money, but contain your anxiety.

Your Jeep is still the king for now...
A gripe post about the gripe thread, this is already off to a good start. Good call containment, JimmyDean.

5) talk to chrispy, just order and fly out to KC and road trip it home!
So is Chrispy already the official, unofficial, Bronco6G Forum hookup for bronco sales now? I'm in DFW and even at a drive, KC has never really been that far away for a weekend trip...

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The only gripe I might have depends on if a manual transmission is available or not. If not, that’s a total fail. You can’t build a wrangler alternative and nod to early Broncos without a manual option. Looks like they got everything else right, but I’m not buying an automatic Bronco.

It's 2020 - even Porsche got rid of the manuals - really what do you plan to do with a manual that you cannot do with an auto now ?

OP
OP
JimmyDean

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A gripe post about the gripe thread, this is already off to a good start. Good call containment, JimmyDean.

So is Chrispy already the official, unofficial, Bronco6G Forum hookup for bronco sales now? I'm in DFW and even at a drive, KC has never really been that far away for a weekend trip...
unofficial I think, but he has promised a no BS sales approach, and he knows that we'll all be here discussing pricing we got, and that if he stands to make a ton of money by doing this right. He'll get 2.5 sales from me over the next 3 years if things go the way they should.

and KC is reasonably centrally located for everyone
Sponsored