Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would like to see a mechanical non dampened double hinged tailgate setup. Like if you pull a handle behing the tire only tire swings out, and if you pull a handle on the tailgate they both swing out, and if you swing the tire out first and then pull the tailgate handle the tailgate folds down. I think the hardest part to get right i that would be the parallel swing hinges other companies like honda and i think dodge? have already figured out the two way latch/hinge setup.
I could also see this as an option with a tire mounted swing gate being standard. Maybe something the come out with in the 2nd or 3rd model year. I wont be buying until the 2nd year anyway, health issues in family, it can be smart to wait till they listen to the first buyers and change minor details and bring new developments into production. Just think about all those mustang buyers back in 2010 who got the new bodystyle but missed out on the 100hp boost of the next year. And my brother who got stuck back in 87 with the speed density setup on his gt forever unable to make major mods without rewiring everything. In 88 mass air came and the aftermarket exploded with mods.
This at 16:40
Sponsored

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm with ya on the door, sounds cool.

But mass air conv back then was one connector with 4 wires and a couple other pins swapped around. Was like an hour job.......

Agree on not worth buying a mustang after 94, until 2011
My Mach 1 (aluminum 32V) would like to have a word with you. Oh and the Cobra's (Iron block 32V) as well.

For the time they were badass. Yeah the Coyote is freakin sweet but they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the modulars.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Mach 1 (aluminum 32V) would like to have a word with you. Oh and the Cobra's (Iron block 32V) as well.

For the time they were badass. Yeah the Coyote is freakin sweet but they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the modulars.
I agree, My 94 Cobra did 200K unblemished miles. Put a new clutch in at 190K. The guy who bought it from me still has it. And it had cloth interior that LOOKS new, even today. The car is still in pristine shape. Of course, I changed all the fluids regularly.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My stock samurai would do that with no issue no doubt the bronco will too. If you want to talk capabilities drive over the rock and post those pics. No doubt flex is good but many way to overcome minor variations of capabilities.
Your stock samurai had a solid front axle... The Bronco won't do this - it was obvious when they released that offroad video and the wheel got up off the ground when going over some minor stuff...

Sponsored

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So we can already see you're a troglodyte, but lets dig deeper
So we can see you can't make a logical argument without resorting to insults... while you're trying to discuss opinions. But let's dig deeper.
"crank walking" all the way down that 1/4 mile faster than any auto you own, and that's the point of my post. Until you have an auto that's THAT fast, you have no place telling someone "autos are faster" because your pathetic ass is still slower than a manual
You realize how stupid you sound when you try to use that idiotic line of reasoning? There's no point in you going to the gym because there are bodybuilders bigger than you.
Cool, so what you're saying is you aren't skilled enough to break into the 10s (LOL) without a computer shifting your car for you... got it
It's not about skill, it's about money and strength. a manual with the same mods I have would be very close to breaking, while being slower. That's been proven.
Please, feel free to quote where I said that

Even if you're referring to whatever implication you may have gathered, the BEST any logical person would be able to muster is "not a single person in this thread has a car faster than that DSM"... but we already identified that "logical" isn't exactly a character trait that can be associated with you
it's well established how "logical" your argument is.... Every modern auto in the same vehicle is going to be faster than the equivalent manual... but because 1 7 second car exists in the world and no one in this thread owns one, it means all automatics are slower than manuals... right? Does this level of stupidity come natural or do you work hard at it?
Cool, so what I'm gathering here is that you still don't own a car faster than it... got it
No, I own an auto faster than your manual.
Just the fact that you think barely breaking 8s is anywhere CLOSE to a 7.0... Jesus Christ XD
Daily driver street car vs race car... but yes, leave that out. Makes you seem like your IQ is above the room temperature of an igloo
Wow, the one sensible thing you've said from all that incoherent rambling. Yes, manuals are fun, and generally speaking, they don't perform as well. But there are PLENTY of things you can do to make a manual faster than its auto counterpart before resorting to buying an auto, and you won't have to sacrifice that fun factor... that has been my point this whole time
Do enlighten me on what you can do to a manual than an auto... You can make it stronger, but I think you'll find that there are a lot more things you can do to an auto to make it shift faster, launch harder, and so on...

You obviously have very little experience with fast cars. You should go for a ride in a built auto car sometime - even something old school like a C4 with a big stall will blow your mind. The new crop of 6, 8, 10 speeds are light years ahead in refinement and performance. Go for a ride in a hellcat in track mode sometime... It's crazy what that ZF 8 will do from the factory. If you were to bang gears that hard in your precious MT82, you'd have to bring a mop and bucket with you...

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree on not worth buying a mustang after 94, until 2011
Them are fighting words! lol, it's true tho... my daily driver is an 04 with 212k miles. They don't make the power to break anything, so it's as reliable as the sun :D. The 2v 4.6 does sound cool tho, especially with some chokemasters behind it :D

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I love manuals and would absolutely prefer a manual in my Bronco (especially since it will never be raced), but autos just shift faster now. And frankly, most of them hold more power. Just look at the 10 speed in the Mustang vs the MT-82.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So we can see you can't make a logical argument without resorting to insults... while you're trying to discuss opinions. But let's dig deeper.
Not an insult, more of an observation. But hey, if you’re insulted by it, guess that’s a bonus

However, it’s incredibly ironic that you try to call out this lone “insult” while making “insults” the basis of your argument for the rest of your hardly coherent post

You realize how stupid you sound when you try to use that idiotic line of reasoning? There's no point in you going to the gym because there are bodybuilders bigger than you.
See, that right there is a false equivalence. This conversation is more akin to you telling people that they shouldn’t do cardio because ALL THE STRONGEST PEOPLE JUST FUCKIN LIFT SHIT and me responding that some people just enjoy cardio more, and there’s probably a cardio fan out there that’s stronger than you, anyway

It's not about skill, it's about money and strength. a manual with the same mods I have would be very close to breaking, while being slower. That's been proven.
Yeah, that’s something I’d say if I didn’t have skill, too

it's well established how "logical" your argument is.... Every modern auto in the same vehicle is going to be faster than the equivalent manual... but because 1 7 second car exists in the world and no one in this thread owns one, it means all automatics are slower than manuals... right? Does this level of stupidity come natural or do you work hard at it?
I don’t know how you think you can call anyone stupid while not understanding the simple concept I’ve introduced here. I’m not saying, not have I ever said that all automatics are slower, because I’m not a moron who speaks in absolutes like you auto folk do. What I’m saying is the “autos are faster” argument is fucking dumb because you’re still slower than plenty of manuals

No, I own an auto faster than your manual.
Sure, and I own a car significantly more enjoyable than yours, so ?

Daily driver street car vs race car... but yes, leave that out. Makes you seem like your IQ is above the room temperature of an igloo
Doesn’t matter, they’re still completely different universes in time. Again, if you think that an 8.9 car is anywhere near as fast as a 7.0 car, you have some bigger problems

Do enlighten me on what you can do to a manual than an auto... You can make it stronger, but I think you'll find that there are a lot more things you can do to an auto to make it shift faster, launch harder, and so on...
I mean, I’ve beat stock auto Mustangs in my stock manual mustang, so evidently, you don’t have to do anything to a manual car to make it faster than an auto car

You obviously have very little experience with fast cars.
Bro, you think your 11 second Mustang is fast and that an 8.9 is close to a

You should go for a ride in a built auto car sometime - even something old school like a C4 with a big stall will blow your mind. The new crop of 6, 8, 10 speeds are light years ahead in refinement and performance. Go for a ride in a hellcat in track mode sometime... It's crazy what that ZF 8 will do from the factory. If you were to bang gears that hard in your precious MT82, you'd have to bring a mop and bucket with you...
Nope, driven plenty, they’re all still boring slushboxes. I’ve driven plenty of fast auto cars (including a mid-8 second termi with a high stall glide) and have yet to drive a single one that wouldn’t be significantly more fun with a manual, even down to the 720S I drove at Nurburgring. Maybe if you cared a bit less about what other people thought of your car and cared a bit more for the experience YOU can have in it, you’d enjoy manuals a bit more (of course, first you need to learn how to drive one. Start there and report back)

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I would revise my statement for the 03 SVT cobra. I was there the first day MM & FF tested it (my HS buddy was art director for years) and it ran high 12's with nothing but tires. Pretty stout for 2002.

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. DCP00776

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. DCP00777

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. DCP00792

Them are fighting words! lol, it's true tho... my daily driver is an 04 with 212k miles. They don't make the power to break anything, so it's as reliable as the sun :D. The 2v 4.6 does sound cool tho, especially with some chokemasters behind it :D
Nope, just my opinion. I didn't see any reason to replace my 86 until the coyote came out.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would revise my statement for the 03 SVT cobra. I was there the first day MM & FF tested it (my HS buddy was art director for years) and it ran high 12's with nothing but tires. Pretty stout for 2002.

Nope, just my opinion. I didn't see any reason to replace my 86 until the coyote came out.
Terminator is on my short list of dream cars. Love them.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
HA! My Mach 1 ran 12.1's-12.0's with exhaust, tires, and 4:30 gears....this is from way back in '05!

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There's only one way to settle this. You and him gotta race.

Haha! Currently cleaning it up to get 35 spline axles, spool, swapping out the 4:30's for 3:55's, c-clip eliminators.

Getting her ready for 800ish rwhp.

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. 49719943696_f4a6a0f774_h

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. 49719407498_c6c2e05580_h

Ford Bronco The gripe thread. 49719943596_ba9bd54697_h

49719407498_c6c2e05580_h.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haha! Currently cleaning it up to get 35 spline axles, spool, swapping out the 4:30's for 3:55's, c-clip eliminators.

Getting her ready for 800ish rwhp.

Well that's a good start, when ya gonna start the big numbers build?

(I kid, I kid)
Sponsored