Cybrrstarr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thats about the same crap I deal with up here in Norcal. The thing is your truck is pretty much a single purpose vehicle. Mine is an overlander, a daily driver that will allow me to do 100mph if I wanted to while still being able to get down and dirty on the trail and then tow a trailer if I wanted to all while I'm cruising along in total comfort with the cruise control set. Dont under estimate a vehicle that can do almost anything pretty well.
wrong!

I daily drive this truck every day, drives 85mpg all day long, gets 16 mpg, it’s been to Moab, down south, in the sierras pretty much a trip at least 2x a month from the Bay Area (16k-20k miles a year), and I even use it to work on my house and make a couple of dump runs, load it up with lumber (not more than 700lb). This isn’t a trailered tube buggy, it’s a daily driven go anywhere and conquer anything type of rig.
Sponsored

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Lexus LS, V8 Cressida
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
wrong!

I daily drive this truck every day, drives 85mpg all day long, gets 16 mpg, it’s been to Moab, down south, in the sierras pretty much a trip at least 2x a month from the Bay Area (16k-20k miles a year), and I even use it to work on my house and make a couple of dump runs, load it up with lumber (not more than 700lb). This isn’t a trailered tube buggy, it’s a daily driven go anywhere and conquer anything type of rig.
So did Toyota sell you that rig or did you build it? If you built it, then whats stopping you from doing the same thing with a brand new Bronco?

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
wrong!

What is this pissing contest about? You have a highly modified rock rig without your original IFS that came on it with a solid axle swap and larger tires.
He still has his original IFS suspension and original wheels with slightly oversized tires...
Your Tacoma wheels better in rocks.. Duh!

Cybrrstarr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
What stopped me is that it doesn’t have a solid axle.....

I’d be more disappointed in the Bronco, seriously, than the “CYBERTRUCK”, if the Bronco does not have a solid axle version.

I’ve been on the Bronco Hype for 2 years thinking it was going to have solid axles because of what ford commented...... direct competitor will be the wrangler.

I’m getting older and want to go to a showroom and buy a newer “rig” with all the new creature comforts but just not a Jeep. I want something different.

I mean the tacoma is cool, but I can’t be driving it when I’m 50 years old. I do have a FJ80 as well, so maybe that might be the retirement vehicle, but with that just like old rigs will need a lot of help.

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What stopped me is that it doesn’t have a solid axle.....

I’d be more disappointed in the Bronco, seriously, than the “CYBERTRUCK”, if the Bronco does not have a solid axle version.

I’ve been on the Bronco Hype for 2 years thinking it was going to have solid axles because of what ford commented...... direct competitor will be the wrangler.

I’m getting older and want to go to a showroom and buy a newer “rig” with all the new creature comforts but just not a Jeep. I want something different.

I mean the tacoma is cool, but I can’t be driving it when I’m 50 years old. I do have a FJ80 as well, so maybe that might be the retirement vehicle, but with that just like old rigs will need a lot of help.
Your Tacoma didn't have a solid front axle or a lot of the gear I see either when it rolled out of the factory. The question is if you could build that why can't you do the same for a new bronco?

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ram pickups are taking food out of Ford and GM’s mouths

(not an exact Bronco/Wrangler analogy - but close)

It has done so by giving up on going toe-to-toe with Ford and GM on towing and capability numbers and instead offering buyers a solid all-around truck with a plush interior and a lot of highly visible technology in the cabin. The move might have seemed like a risk of its own: truck buyers have traditionally been considered practical customers who often purchase their vehicles for work or other specific uses.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/23/ram...arket-share-from-ford-and-general-motors.html

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another press release I must have missed... do you have a link, by chance?

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Now, the trail pictures you posted look pretty good, but what I can tell from some quick Google research, Slick Rock Jeep Trail really isn't that hard, and judging by the fact your factory plastic mud flaps are still intact and your shiny chrome exhaust tip isn't crushed, you don't really play around on the harder trails.
Actually slick rock is really gnarly and fun. The FJ flaps are rubber and flex out of the way. My exhaust and rear fuel tank have been modified by those trails. My exhaust is squished and makes contact with the plastic cladding. The pictures make it seem prettier than it is. Here's a video of slick rock trail.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ram pickups are taking food out of Ford and GM’s mouths

(not an exact Bronco/Wrangler analogy - but close)

It has done so by giving up on going toe-to-toe with Ford and GM on towing and capability numbers and instead offering buyers a solid all-around truck with a plush interior and a lot of highly visible technology in the cabin. The move might have seemed like a risk of its own: truck buyers have traditionally been considered practical customers who often purchase their vehicles for work or other specific uses.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/23/ram...arket-share-from-ford-and-general-motors.html
Out here in Cali Ram trucks go for $15k off MSRP. Makes them hard to pass up

Sponsored

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Come over and I'll run Dusy with ya. I've heard of it recently and people definitely recommend it.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Isuzu held up nicely, and that red Sub was crazy.
Top class seemed all solid axle.

TTB's were out of alignment before they it even started, but
they held up good.

More solid axles broke (or susp) than IFS, but even the broke solid axles
still seemed to have 4WD.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Out here in Cali Ram trucks go for $15k off MSRP. Makes them hard to pass up
I think it’s the same everywhere with Ram. They “want” to sell them for the same price as Ford and GM, but when it comes down to it they can’t.
Only reason I even have one Ram 3500 in my fleet is cost. I figured the ram would be just as good and I would save a few thousand in acquisition costs.... Huge mistake. It’s only at 80k miles and the cheap OEM windshield is long gone. The headliner is screwed with water stains from the warped 3’rd brake light leak it had that we had to silicone up. The driver seat is trash already from the paper thin material. The knobs for a/c couldn’t hold up to Phoenix heat and warped and hard to turn now. I have stack of about 6 recalls it needs to go in for. The doors both break the seals on mountain curves causing wind noise like the doors pop open when cornering. The 6.4 cranks for a long time to start. Sometimes needs two tries to get started. The cheap OEM plastic chrome wheel covers all flew off the truck starting at about 15k miles revealing the flat black steel wheels. The outside temp gauge readings always about 30 degrees off. the U connect hands free phone part is totally useless because nobody can hear or even understand the person in the truck trying to use it. The OEM tire is a china Nexan tire that comes on all ram dually’s and has to be replaced by 8k miles due to the tread blocks we’re flying off. Been running continentals on it since which hold up great and should have been what came with it. The Dumbo ears mirrors SUCK and don’t telescope so you only get two choices, fold them in for sport mirrors that are useless or fold them out to have some ridiculously wide ass mirrors that stick WAY too far out and want to hit things.. Anyway, I could go on but you get the picture.
I never bought a Ram before this truck and I can positively say I’ll never buy a Ram again.

Last edited:

007-FJC

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What year ram?

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
What year ram?
I believe it’s a 2015. At least we bought it new in 2015. Could be a late 2014 though.. pretty sure it was whatever the first year out with the new 6.4 hemi was.. it’s not the diesel, probably wouldn’t be the most hated truck in the fleet if it at least had a Cummins in it.. the 6.4 is a miserable detuned turd in a cab and chassis 3500 with Aaisin heady duty 6 speed.
Sponsored