Sponsored

The Insanity is Over, How Much Longer Until Discounts Are Offered?

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How are you saving on sales tax??
Arizona state sales tax is 5.6%. But each city in AZ adds there own city tax which is usually 2-3% additional. If I buy at the Scottsdale Ford dealer, I will pay 8.1% tax. Buying out of state I'm only paying the state tax. I'm saving 2.5% on a $50k plus vehicle. More than enough to cover shipping cost.
Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just ran through the B&P, my 2022 Badlands is $6700 more for a 2024 with the exact same specs/options. WOW.

Sgroll

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra 6spd, 2018 GTI, 1966 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Saw someone with their Bronco @ Safeway and started a chat...

She said she just paid $2500 under MSRP at the Ford dealer in Roseville, CA. That surprised me because 18 months ago they were at $15,000 over MSRP for anything on the lot.

What she had was a 2023 4dr OBX.

Note: This is second-hand knowledge... but that Ford dealer probably got a big shipment... as they are a big Ford dealer.

But if I were in the market... I'd be wheeling and dealing with all the Ford dealers in a 50 mile radius. Don't get hooked by the "I'll see what my manager can do" bullshit.

How I deal with dealers... when you get the infamous "what would it take you to drive that Bronco off the lot today"... have a price you know they won't take, and go from there. But make sure you're dealing with the lowest dealer in the area before you start.

My 2 cents.
Or....now stay with me here....maybe she wasn't being completely truthful? Even people that are fine paying ADM are not likely to admit it and will brag about the deal they got.

Checking the Roseville Ford site, the least expensive Bronco is a 2-door BD listed @ $58k...$10k ADM from the $48k MSRP.

I call shenanigans on her price... 😁

Ford Bronco The Insanity is Over, How Much Longer Until Discounts Are Offered? 1692286719355

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Arizona state sales tax is 5.6%. But each city in AZ adds there own city tax which is usually 2-3% additional. If I buy at the Scottsdale Ford dealer, I will pay 8.1% tax. Buying out of state I'm only paying the state tax. I'm saving 2.5% on a $50k plus vehicle. More than enough to cover shipping cost.
Unless you plan on registering your Bronco in Michigan, then that is not how it works. You will always end up paying the tax rate of the state the vehicle is registered in. Otherwise, everybody would buy cars in states that don't charge sales tax on new autos.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco The Insanity is Over, How Much Longer Until Discounts Are Offered? IMG_0887

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you saving your city tax by buying out of state? Otherwise you’ll still pay AZ taxes on it.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Manufacturing cost are not declining, so the likelihood for Ford reducing the MSRP is zero. If sales slow they will offer other incentives line special financing/lease rates, maybe small case offers, etc. Regarding ADM, dealers will keep charging it as long as buyers are willing to pay it.

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Unless you plan on registering your Bronco in Michigan, then that is not how it works. You will always end up paying the tax rate of the state the vehicle is registered in. Otherwise, everybody would buy cars in states that don't charge sales tax on new autos.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. I'm registering it in AZ. I know that I have to pay AZ sales tax, but I don't have to pay the city taxes. Did you not understand my original post?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the ongoing commodity problems, all of which have high take rates, I don't see dealers backing off MSRP if they're already getting ADM. A good indicator of price movement will be with used. We took a '23 WT with 10K on the odometer in as a trade which booked out around $70K. Once used starts booking out and transacting where they should it means supply has caught up or demand has weaned. There's also a market and regional component to valuation but that gets too far into the weeds for me.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I tried getting a base spouse and building it like i wanted the first time.. The second time i realized it was better to wait until i could get the features I wanted that came with it (they are warrantied you know) , instead of hoping what i built was reliable and could actually do what i needed and wanted. Most people i know who get a base and added bolt ons and accessories soon found the base no longer fit them and moved on without them…..
I am curious about the bolt-ons you added to your first spouse. Can you post pics ?

tfrazier

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco BL 2.7, Lincoln MKZ, Newell Coach (RV)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I almost feel like I do not have the right or I am not worthy to post to this thread. I was not one of the Bronco faithful's that ordered their Bronco early and have waited 2-3 years or are still waiting. I decided in June of this year that I wanted a Bronco. Until I started my search, I had no idea that all of this waiting, back order, supply chain delays (as it relates to the Bronco) was a thing. I was really out of the loop on this.

But once I decided, I jumped in a started the search. I ran into so many dealers that would not budge from their overinflated markups, but I was determined that I would get a new Bronco at or below MSRP and I was not going to be swayed. I was on every website looking within 250 miles of my city. No luck. Then one day I stopped for gas in this little town about 2 hours from where I live. Low and behold, there was a Ford dealership across the street and sitting on the lot was a beautiful Cactus Gray Badlands. I went over to check it out (they were closed). Got all of the details and called them the next morning. Salesman told me that they guy had it on order for 2.5 years and they had just got it in and the guy backed out, so yes it was available. This is a 2023 BL, High, Lux, Factory Tow, Aux Switches, Factory Rock Rails, etc. etc. MSRP was $64,255. I paid $61,803, which is even lower than the X-Plan pricing that I qualify for (X-Plan is a whole other topic because none of the dealers I spoke to would honor it on the Bronco. One of them even showed me a letter from FoMoCo, that stated the Bronco was not eligible for X-Plan pricing).

I realize that I did not get the same deal that all you guys who ordered way in advance got, and that's okay with me. My point is, if you are determined, and you look hard enough, there are MSRP or lower deals out there.

Thanks for letting me rant. Good luck to all of those still searching

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mr. Sgroll,
You might be right on the costs. I tried to go to the Future Ford Roseville site and I couldn't even view their inventory without accepting their cookies... which I won't do.

Oh well -- anybody that won't allow me to look at their cars without accepting their cookies... ain't getting my business in the future anyway.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The ridiculous ADMs are going away, but Ford keeps raising the MSRPs. So the cost of a Bronco is going down but it’s not returning to’21 to early ‘23 price levels. My ‘23 Wildtrak is now $5200.00 more in ‘24.
This is mostly true. Thankfully the idiotic dealer markups are fading away, slowly. But the MSRP's are taking their place. Plus lower trims are fading away which is making the MSRP "issue" worse.
Sponsored