First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Apologies for all the bitching from these boomers lol.

ā€¦but please, do post the final / official stuff (more frequently) on the forums.
šŸ¤Ŗ

Iā€™ve been defending the product -and the process - for months, because I feel like people have been wildly demanding and unrealistic about what it takes to create a product like this top. I stand by that.

However, I donā€™t think itā€™s out of line to say that presenting your goods exclusively on a social media app for teenagers isnā€™t smart. Itā€™s not just ADV, either. Buisnesses all over have fallen into this trap for several years, and itā€™s annoying.

You already have a website! Why not just put all the details there? Some companies seem to use their websites as nothing more than a place to find their FB/IG/Twitter/TikTok/Pinterest links. Itā€™s ridiculous.

And itā€™s not a Boomer thing. My 23 year old son agrees itā€˜s stupidā€¦
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Howdy, what is the weight compared to the stock top? Also what about sound deading is that included and do you guys offer a 2 door top?
I haven't received mine but it's my understanding that all 2 door Broncos come standard with a hard top.
What's the market for owners of two door Broncos paying thousands to replace a two door hard top with a different, slightly better hard top?

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i don't have an instagram, nor do i plan on getting one, so the only picture of this thing i can see is from the front of the vehicle, which reveals almost entirely nothing
The overall marketing of this has been far from user friendly. That FAQ deal was painful. So much to scroll through and offered little to no usually information. We want detailed photos, pricing, weight, decibel test comparison (simple to do, no excuse for not having this information already). Is the OEM really 10K?!

rodmf

Wildtrak
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like what I see and have heard great things about ADV's reputation.

Has Ford given any indication what a MOD top will cost for an option?

I see that ADV says OEM is $10,000 in the FAQ. Does anyone know if that's true?

That's what I have to know to figure out what I'll do. I'm assuming a lot of others are in the same boat.

Hi to the Boomers above me šŸ‘‹ and hi to the Millennials below me šŸ‘‹.

My 2 cents: pushing out content on multiple social media is the way to go.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't received mine but it's my understanding that all 2 door Broncos come standard with a hard top.
What's the market for owners of two door Broncos paying thousands to replace a two door hard top with a different, slightly better hard top?
Yeah you have a good point. I was just curious thatā€™s all. Iā€™d imagine most buys will be from 4 door people already with soft tops wanting to go hard top.

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Howdy, what is the weight compared to the stock top? Also what about sound deading is that included and do you guys offer a 2 door top?
They have no plans on making a 2 door top they said maybe if thereā€™s high interest

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The overall marketing of this has been far from user friendly. That FAQ deal was painful. So much to scroll through and offered little to no usually information. We want detailed photos, pricing, weight, decibel test comparison (simple to do, no excuse for not having this information already). Is the OEM really 10K?!
The price has been announced in February :D

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As stated above, more content is incoming. Pricing is on our website. Weight was posted on this thread. Decibel test response was posted as well: "We will do a decibel test with a production unit on a fully stock bronco. Our shop bronco is WAY too modified to provide the correct decibel reading. However switching from the soft top to our hardtop is a VERY noticeable difference."

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As stated above, more content is incoming. Pricing is on our website. Weight was posted on this thread. Decibel test response was posted as well: "We will do a decibel test with a production unit on a fully stock bronco. Our shop bronco is WAY too modified to provide the correct decibel reading. However switching from the soft top to our hardtop is a VERY noticeable difference."
Thanks for the response and I get all of that, but it'd be nice to have all of the specs together in one place on one screen. One glance to get all of the info most are looking for. Not my company though so my offhanded opinion and comments aren't worth much. I applaud you putting in the monumental effort at making these tops. It's a fast design and production schedule in my opinion too.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The price has been announced in February :D
OK, but it should be reposted whenever there is a major update or especially with an announcement such as this. I get that it's also one of those if you have to ask, you can't afford it accessories. I have not seen an official price on the OEM hard top of 10K however. I try to keep up with this forum but of course still miss a lot.

Sponsored

TraumaJoe

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass When do you expect to have the modular hardtop prototype completed and ready for testing? Canā€™t wait to see the modular top and curious how far behind in production it will be behind the one piece. Thanks for any info you can give on this.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still throwing my vote in the ring on the 2-door version. The slant of the back window is more fitting of previous Bronco models than the current design. And yeah, yeah the 2-door already has a hardtop but the MIC top is an unmitigated dumpster fire and we still don't know for sure when the mod top is going to arrive tho it appears closer than ever.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not seen an official price on the OEM hard top of 10K however. I try to keep up with this forum but of course still miss a lot.
I donā€™t think thereā€™s ever been any official pricing from Ford yet. I believe the 10K figure is an estimate of the retail price of all the individual components to make a hard top, if you ordered them from Ford. At some point, theoretically, Ford should offer a complete hard top ā€œkitā€, and clearly it will be quite a bit less than 10K. How much is anyoneā€™s guess, but I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be much less than ADVā€™s top when it comes down to itā€¦

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was an entertaining thread.

How to make your serious, manufacturing business look like a frivolous social media influencer.

Guessing it didn't go as planned. This will blow over, as it should, but the critiques were spot on.

I'm looking forward to an update on the final roof here on B6G with links to your website where one can actually send you real dollars for real products.

I'm sure your followers will "like" your social media pictures.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t think thereā€™s ever been any official pricing from Ford yet. I believe the 10K figure is an estimate of the retail price of all the individual components to make a hard top, if you ordered them from Ford. At some point, theoretically, Ford should offer a complete hard top ā€œkitā€, and clearly it will be quite a bit less than 10K. How much is anyoneā€™s guess, but I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be much less than ADVā€™s top when it comes down to itā€¦
I agree. I'd think that it'd be in line with the wrangler hard top, but who knows. I just found it odd to use that number as a comparison when it's not at all known.
Sponsored