John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They Defendered the Landcruiser. Anyone looking at that and thinking it's worthy of its namesake has no soul
No different than the first Celica targeting the Mustang II. Think on this, a Landcruiser or even a Pathfinder at $55k and even if you jack it up to $65k with options is still $15k-$30k less than a Defender.

I was in the market for a dealer demo Defender when I got my build date back in 2021 and still saved $10k. Other than fixed doors and roof compare all other specs of a Defender to a Bronco and there is negligible difference.

This year the X4 lease is up and we ordered an almost exact replacement 2024. MSRP is $10k more than our 21. Just like spec for spec a 24 OBX Bronco is $10k more than my 21
Sponsored

OP
OP

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No different than the first Celica targeting the Mustang II. Think on this, a Landcruiser or even a Pathfinder at $55k and even if you jack it up to $65k with options is still $15k-$30k less than a Defender.

I was in the market for a dealer demo Defender when I got my build date back in 2021 and still saved $10k. Other than fixed doors and roof compare all other specs of a Defender to a Bronco and there is negligible difference.

This year the X4 lease is up and we ordered an almost exact replacement 2024. MSRP is $10k more than our 21. Just like spec for spec a 24 OBX Bronco is $10k more than my 21
this was my defender with 60k msrp. Ride comfort and luxury is not comparable with the bronco at this price level

IMG_6719.jpeg

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I talked to someone last night who knows a bit about it due to their job.

I’m even more excited for it. I think it will fill a very cool gap in Toyotas lineup and for those willing to modify hardcore it will be a really awesome platform.

I fully intend to buy one.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m glad the Land Cruiser is back, Toyota makes decent vehicles.. I almost bought a 23 4 Runner TRD pro before I decided on my Bronco.. Very happy with my decision because I do stuff like this 😎

IMG_0637.jpeg

Sponsored

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
That's now. 5-10-15 years down the road remains to be seen. The Bronco could be the automotive equivalent to bell bottoms.
Ha! Possibly. I think the styling and capability will always be desired but the creature comforts we desire will be the Achilles heel for long term desirably if anything. The electronics and demand for more “Gucci” features will destroy long term value. Yes they are beautiful but who wants to buy a truck with a 10-20 year old Ford computer in it let alone 21 and 50 electronic motors.
my guess is the models with the least amount of gadgetry will be the most sought out in 10 years or as long as we are allowed to buy ICE vehicles.

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m glad the Land Cruiser is back, Toyota makes decent vehicles.. I almost bought a 23 4 Runner TRD pro before I decided on my Bronco.. Very happy with my decision because I do stuff like this 😎

Ford Bronco The overpriced Landcruiser makes  the overpriced badlands look like a bargain IMG_0637
Yeah no way the LC can climb a straight vertical cliff like that.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love the new base Landcruiser but at 55k msrp is missing a lot of features as compared with an already overpriced bronco badlands:
1. Cloth interior is really unacceptable at this price range. Badlands MGV looks far better

2. front swaybar disconnect
3. Front locker
4. Steel front and back bumpers
5. 35 inch wheels / tire setup vs 245s that come on the base.
6. Bilstein position sensitive shocks vs normal set up
there is Atleast 7-10k difference in value on top an already overpriced bronco badlands.
I agree about the cloth.

Front locker and sway disconnect dont matter to a lot of people. I have a badlands and dont care about either. Will probably never use them.

Steel Bumpers not a big deal

35 inch tires are a $5000+ option on the Bronco

I'm guessing the Toyota has a lot of features you have to spec High/Lux for in the Bronco. Things like homelink, auto cruise control, etc.

My Badlands was $61,800 without Sasquatch or leather.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

new land cruiser = mall crawler. unless the come out with a fj40/raptor version, but they don't think like that anymore........

RLTW175

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 F150 Screw (RIP), 23 BB (8/21 build date)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think people need to stop using the term "overpriced". It's not overpriced if it's flying off the shelves. It's not overpriced if it costs the same or less than its competitions. Things are worth what people will pay and inflation has made everything cost more. The Bronco is overpriced compared to what? To what you paid for a Jeep in 2011?
Absolutely this. If people are still willingly paying whatever the asking price is to the extent that demand overloads supply, then it ain't overpriced.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely this. If people are still willingly paying whatever the asking price is to the extent that demand overloads supply, then it ain't overpriced.
Yeah tbh with the average price of new vehicles being around $50k the only expensive Bronco is the Raptor. That is for sure overpriced tho.
Sponsored