John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s not happening. There will be a much more powerful EV version at some point, with infinitely better torque and torque delivery.
But it is. Did you miss thev400 off road only
DR units being built for a mere $100,000. Certainly one of those could be made road legal for another $25k.

They have to produce replacement engine mounts for these and my money says Joey Logano could buy a pair plus a crate motor and do dry pavement donuts
Sponsored

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I tell anyone about my automotive background.

First hear me out...

I want a V8 in my Jeep and my Bronco for purely one reason.....It sounds awesome and has amazing torque with low displacement without the need of forced induction.
Agree 100%

Put the new 5.0L in it from the Mustang, reliable and powerful.
I have a much less expensive alternative.

Go to any supermarket, and buy a bottle of the classic vegetable blend juice made by the Campbell Soup company, and find some way to mount that bottle inside your engine compartment.

Then you'll be able to honestly claim that your Bronco has a V8® under the hood.

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Eh, doubt it'll ever happen.

The Jeep Wrangler 4xe was the best selling plug-in hybrid in the market for the first half of the year... and is selling WAY more units than the Wrangler 392. Ford isn't dumb, they're looking at the numbers too.

They know the 4xe starts at $52,000, can generate 470 lb-ft of torque, has a 370 mile total range, and gets 49 MPGe. Meanwhile the Hemi 392 Wrangler starts at $75,000, can also generate 470 lb-ft of torque, yet with only 14 MPG and a 300 mile range.

Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool if they offered a V8 option in the Bronco. But if I was Ford looking at the engineering costs to develop these vehicles and deciding where to put my resources... I am 100% focusing on a hybrid Bronco.

I'm holding a second reservation for 2 reasons, Body Colored top and Hybrid version. I don't know if I'll make the trade if they make a hybrid but I'll certainly consider it if fuel prices keep going like they are.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm holding a second reservation for 2 reasons, Body Colored top and Hybrid version. I don't know if I'll make the trade if they make a hybrid but I'll certainly consider it if fuel prices keep going like they are.
I'm guessing 2024 at the earliest--which is the rumored mid-generation refresh.

Sponsored

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Before I tell anyone about my automotive background.

First hear me out...

I want a V8 in my Jeep and my Bronco for purely one reason.....It sounds awesome and has amazing torque with low displacement without the need of forced induction.
Here's my take... I am fortunate enough to have possession of my 2021 2.7 2 door, as well as my 1996 Bronco XLT with the 5.8. The 5.8 with it's Borla exhaust sounds nice, but the 2.7 Ecoboost beats it all around. In about a year when there are wrecked 2.7 Broncos in the local pull-your-own I may swap out the 5.8 for a 2.7.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wait till there's a ev bronco then put in a cd of a v8 ripping there ya go!
There will be a plug in hybrid long before full EV. And for anyone that wants to travel more than 300.miles (more like 250 or less as you start looking for a charging station) at a time. It's 1500 miles to the kids in CO, Bad enough we have to make one overnight stop. I don't want all that extra charging time. I can gas and go in about 3 minutes.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my take... I am fortunate enough to have possession of my 2021 2.7 2 door, as well as my 1996 Bronco XLT with the 5.8. The 5.8 with it's Borla exhaust sounds nice, but the 2.7 Ecoboost beats it all around. In about a year when there are wrecked 2.7 Broncos in the local pull-your-own I may swap out the 5.8 for a 2.7.
The 2.7L should be available in the you pull it yards now in F-150’s, and those have a heavier duty transmission for the heavier 1996. You’d have space for a 3.5L or Coyote 5.0, but the LS swap is much more straight forward in the older Broncos. The Ford swaps are much more electronic intensive when I looked at it a few years back. I was assembling the parts to swap a LQ4 into my 87 before I sold it. My best friend who bought it decided to keep Ford power and has spent about $5K on the engine sofar. With all of the parts gave him he could’ve finished the LS for under $3K.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There will be a plug in hybrid long before full EV. And for anyone that wants to travel more than 300.miles (more like 250 or less as you start looking for a charging station) at a time. It's 1500 miles to the kids in CO, Bad enough we have to make one overnight stop. I don't want all that extra charging time. I can gas and go in about 3 minutes.
PHEV is absolutely the solution for a vehicle like the Bronco imo. A full electric option will likely come too - but I'd want to see improved range up above 400 miles before committing.

Rivian gives me hope technology will eventually get there. But I'll absolutely trade for the PHEV when it comes and give full hybrid a few more years after that...

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Having owned 2 5.0 mustangs in 15 and 18 (current DD car) I will say I was pleasantly surprised by the power of the 2.3L when I test drove the dealer dummy and very happy I opted for the 2.7L but I am a V8 guy, it's the one and only complaint I have with the bronco. If im able to down the road, id buy a second bronco and 5.0 swap it.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Coyote already used in the F-150 and Mustang. Would bolt right onto the 7MT without any issue, since its basically the same transmission used in the Mustang.

Be like printing money.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt very much that the 2.7 sounds better, so it doesn't beat it "all around"

There's more to a vehicle than stats and figures, how it makes you feel is worth a lot, IMO.

LMF Bronc

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Who are the people driving around with their radio off and a giant hard on because they have a v8? Absolutely no one. Know who else doesn’t care if your truck makes v8 sounds as it drives by? Literally every person not sitting in the vehicle. Get over it.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who are the people driving around with their radio off and a giant hard on because they have a v8? Absolutely no one. Know who else doesn’t care if your truck makes v8 sounds as it drives by? Literally every person not sitting in the vehicle. Get over it.
The angry bees sound of the ecoboost engine is not boner inspiring in any way. I like the ecoboost engines just fine, but having driven my share of Coyote powered mustangs and F-150’s (as well as other V8 cars) I will tell you there is a tingle in my pants as the RPM’s rise. I don’t want to hear it constantly like the stupid harley riders who rev up their junk all the time, but something of significance will have been lost when the fleet goes all electric. If in doubt you should go test drive a new F-150 5.0 or Mustang GT.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Corner old movie with Lee majors illustrates the point
Ford Bronco The V8...  Let's talk about it Screenshot_20211114-060009_Samsung Internet
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.