First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Mercedes 180c, 1962 BMW R27
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purchased a 4/7 pin trailer harness from Ford accessories and couldn’t wait to install. Then I received my package directly from Ford accessories. See videos attached. Has anyone had this experience before and how long before Ford will refund me? It’s been 2 full weeks and 3 phone calls. They say it’s under “investigation“. Is this Ford shipping me an empty box or did FedEx steal my harness and re-tape the box?

The EXACT same thing happened to me! I ordered the 4/7 pin harness and got an empty box. Well, almost empty - the screws and wire connectors were in a small plastic bag stapled to the inside of the box and I got those, but nothing else. It took over a month and numerous calls but Ford finally refunded my points. Now I've been waiting for the 20% off coupon after another several weeks and several calls... They say they are working on it. My box came from California, and was not taped at all so I suspect the harness, etc. fell out somewhere along the way. I also contacted Fed-x to see if maybe they could look for the parts but after a couple days they closed the ticked saying the box was delivered.. I'm in no hurry, so I'll wait for the 20% off to order again, but I'll admit I'm a little bit scared to!

OP
OP
BroncoRx77

BroncoRx77

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The EXACT same thing happened to me! I ordered the 4/7 pin harness and got an empty box. Well, almost empty - the screws and wire connectors were in a small plastic bag stapled to the inside of the box and I got those, but nothing else. It took over a month and numerous calls but Ford finally refunded my points. Now I've been waiting for the 20% off coupon after another several weeks and several calls... They say they are working on it. My box came from California, and was not taped at all so I suspect the harness, etc. fell out somewhere along the way. I also contacted Fed-x to see if maybe they could look for the parts but after a couple days they closed the ticked saying the box was delivered.. I'm in no hurry, so I'll wait for the 20% off to order again, but I'll admit I'm a little bit scared to!
Since this took such a long time for me to resolve, I went ahead and purchased the part again but had it shipped to a dealership to install and paid the installation. I used the 15% coupon because I figured they screwed up so much that they would never get me the 20% off anytime soon. Now the dealership called me the other day and said they had my part but had to speak with the GM before they could schedule me because they have never had a customer order an accessory to be installed at the dealership, so they have to figure out how they get paid by Ford first. :unsure: Side note….I ordered a few items from Camp Chef this week and the same thing happened to me. One item was in the box and the other was not in the shipment. The package said both items were in the box. So now I have to deal with another issue with a different company.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since this took such a long time for me to resolve, I went ahead and purchased the part again but had it shipped to a dealership to install and paid the installation. I used the 15% coupon because I figured they screwed up so much that they would never get me the 20% off anytime soon. Now the dealership called me the other day and said they had my part but had to speak with the GM before they could schedule me because they have never had a customer order an accessory to be installed at the dealership, so they have to figure out how they get paid by Ford first. :unsure:
That is my concern. I got the runaround when having items shipped to my house from Ford. Took 2 months to get a credit/refund.

I want to take advantage of the current 15% off with the cut-rate $120 install for the wiring harness/module. But I'm hesitant to think that the part ends up being shipped to them and never getting a scheduled install date as they figure out how to get paid. We all know the $120 doesn't cover the actual install time.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is my concern. I got the runaround when having items shipped to my house from Ford. Took 2 months to get a credit/refund.

I want to take advantage of the current 15% off with the cut-rate $120 install for the wiring harness/module. But I'm hesitant to think that the part ends up being shipped to them and never getting a scheduled install date as they figure out how to get paid. We all know the $120 doesn't cover the actual install time.
Welp, I may be glutton for punishment. But received an email this morning extending a 20% discount (MEMBER20) good till the end of November.
Sponsored