DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
has there been confirmation of factory ala carte locker options?

My reservation is BL for the Manual and 4.7 gears but now that ManSquatch is going to be available I will probably go 4dr Basemansquatch. Will miss the Vinyl seats, washout floor and mid package
Sponsored

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking at the Ford trim level sheet, BD lists rock rails and bash plates but BD does not (which makes no sense to me).

Thinking MID-BD-SAS might be enough for me. I don't really see anything that BL has over BD that I'd need (special trim specific suspension and disconnect isn't anything I need).

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Been sitting on Big Bend but now most likely will back down to Base. Use the difference on upgrades and camping gear. Only drawback is the 16" wheels, will be upgrading to 17's with more aggressive AT's (will sell the stock 16's/tires if anyone is interested). Hope B&P is good to me.

Txchewy

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't care about creature comforts other than the washout interior (if you call that a confort). I am presuming if I go with a BD man squatch I will have all the capabilities of bad man squatch except the auto disconnects? What am I missing? Am I correct that I will be able to add manual disconnects in the aftermarket (new to IFS)?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm considering a 2.7L Badlands and Black Diamond too.

I'm Also, seriously considering the big Bend. You can get the optional rear differential locker on the big Bend for maybe $500-ish. This is the part that gives the Black Diamond its off-road capability. BB w/locker will save you a couple grand off the BD. BB tires are slightly taller than the BD tires, but less aggressive. Switch when the stock tires wear out. You also get aluminum 17" wheels vs steel. Any of these will be PLENTY off-road capable and also perform well on road with the 2.7L auto. Which I end up with is still a mystery to me. :)
I started at BL and then fell back to BD. But the more I looked at the trims and meeting my needs, I started looking at Base/BB. The Base is tempting just for the bare minimum pricing and getting a fully capable rig. But of course, adding the options and still being limited puts it closer to BB pricing. Some options are worthless to me (leather steering wheel/heated seats), but the privacy glass is a must where at my latitude the sun seems to have a personal vendetta. The lack of washout interior is a negative, but the carpet also adds to insulation dampening the noise. Weathertech will address the dirt/sand. Eliminating the rock rails and rear steel bumper will also lighten the load. Rock rails offer protection, but my rig will never see rock crawling. The optional rear locker is a must, though.

Sponsored

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You forget front lockers, heavy duty front axel, advanced 4x4 automatic, Bilstein shocks, almost 2" extra travel, 33" tires (look amazing!) and better rims.
I forgot to add that I was gonna Squatch the BD.... so with the squatch on the BD, it's still really close to a BL.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I forgot to add that I was gonna Squatch the BD.... so with the squatch on the BD, it's still really close to a BL.
The great part about this Bronco is that any trim with the Sasquatch Package (all the way down to the Base) is pretty much on the same footing as the Badlands. Capability-wise the only things you're missing when you Squatch out a Base is the SBD and two GOAT modes. I'm not counting the rock rails and HD bumpers in capability because they will be able to be added to any trim via the aftermarket at probably much less cost.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Arguably the squatch will get you farther in many situations than a BL, but what do you sacrifice in on-road performance? The BL 33" tires will break better, accelerate faster and perform a lot better on the road (esp highway) than the Squatch. It's interesting to me how many people think they want/need the Squatch who have never owned 35" wheels on their vehicle. There is no deny the Squatch good looks though.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't care about creature comforts other than the washout interior (if you call that a confort). I am presuming if I go with a BD man squatch I will have all the capabilities of bad man squatch except the auto disconnects? What am I missing? Am I correct that I will be able to add manual disconnects in the aftermarket (new to IFS)?
Yes. You can add manual sway bar disconnects aftermarket for probably $200 or so. AND, the BL only comes with that on the front, to my knowledge. I would spend $400 aftermarket and get sway bar disconnects front and rear.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd be all about the Black Diamond if I could get it with Adaptive Cruise Control, but alas, Ford makes you jump all the way up to Badlands if you want 7mt+ACC. Meanwhile, Jeep offers ACC on the Sport S Wrangler (roughly equivalent to a Big Bend or Black Diamond).

It must be some supplier inventory issue; maybe the 2022 model will offer ACC on lower trims. Jeep used to only offer it on the Sahara and Rubicon (after not offering it at all on the early JLs) before adding it as an option for the Sport S for 2020.

ACC really isn't a 'luxury' feature anymore; it's standard on a base-ass Corolla. And once you've owned a car with it, you can't go back.

Sponsored

TJ Freestone

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD Edge
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I know a lot of us have been going back and forth on all the options with the bronco, 2 - 4 door, manual or auto etc. I've gotten to the debate in my head where I'm considering a lower trim. Black Diamond in particular. Originally it was Badlands or bust, and I was all in on the manual. I've now changed my position on the manual, and have switched to the 2.7 Auto... (for now). But I was looking through the options, and doing the various pricing guestimates. And the lower trims while adding the things that I find important sasquatch, modular bumpers, and whatever will come in the aftermarket. I can get a very capable Bronco, and add aftermarket parts later as I see fit. It also makes the Bronco that much more affordable for me. I should add that I will be taking my bronco on trails, rock crawling will probably be minimal. So again making the Badlands seem like overkill. So my question is this, cost per performance, am I right in thinking that for my needs (hitting some trails, daily driver, overlanding) etc, that a lower lever trim like the BD will be more than enough?
I too have gone back and forth on different trim levels. I will likely to go with a lower trim level to get more options. But having said that I want real options that would be harder to install in the after market. I would rather buy bolts-ons in the after market for greater choice and probably at a better price.
I'm sitting on pins and needles until we get the price and build tool as nobody really knows. As hard as it is the anticipation is kind of fun. I have never put this much thought into a new vehicle purchase.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hear your pain OP. I'm bouncing around a lot, too. A lot of the upper trims I want, but the "performance" I'd get out of them would be exactly the same as I would likely never use the higher-end model additional features (or at least extract meaningful benefit). I mean, I want Badlands, but really I doubt I'll be using even the rear locker of BD (so my experience with my FJ cruiser has told me).

I'm kinda stuck between BB and BD. Personally I prefer the BB look a lot more, but it might come down to what the lowest model is that I can order in orange... as sad as that sounds. If I got BD, I'm almost certain I'd be looking to switch to different wheels within a year or two.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd be all about the Black Diamond if I could get it with Adaptive Cruise Control, but alas, Ford makes you jump all the way up to Badlands if you want 7mt+ACC. Meanwhile, Jeep offers ACC on the Sport S Wrangler (roughly equivalent to a Big Bend or Black Diamond).

It must be some supplier inventory issue; maybe the 2022 model will offer ACC on lower trims. Jeep used to only offer it on the Sahara and Rubicon (after not offering it at all on the early JLs) before adding it as an option for the Sport S for 2020.

ACC really isn't a 'luxury' feature anymore; it's standard on a base-ass Corolla. And once you've owned a car with it, you can't go back.
Don't be too sure yet. I have a suspicion that ACC might be an ala carte option.

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I know a lot of us have been going back and forth on all the options with the bronco, 2 - 4 door, manual or auto etc. I've gotten to the debate in my head where I'm considering a lower trim. Black Diamond in particular. Originally it was Badlands or bust, and I was all in on the manual. I've now changed my position on the manual, and have switched to the 2.7 Auto... (for now). But I was looking through the options, and doing the various pricing guestimates. And the lower trims while adding the things that I find important sasquatch, modular bumpers, and whatever will come in the aftermarket. I can get a very capable Bronco, and add aftermarket parts later as I see fit. It also makes the Bronco that much more affordable for me. I should add that I will be taking my bronco on trails, rock crawling will probably be minimal. So again making the Badlands seem like overkill. So my question is this, cost per performance, am I right in thinking that for my needs (hitting some trails, daily driver, overlanding) etc, that a lower lever trim like the BD will be more than enough?
I am in a similar boat. The only thing that the Badlands can get that the BD cannot, that I actually want, is the sound deadening in the High package. If I can get sound deadening on it's own, or after market, I'll probably with with a Blacksquatch + Mid, and be fine with it.

CaptHugemeat

Base
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 CTS-V, 2022 Model Y Perf.
Your Bronco Model
Base
My reservation was originally for the four-door WT, but I just bought a Raptor SCREW so all my plans have changed...Now I'm thinking of moving down to the two-door BD since the Raptor kind of fills that WT niche and the BD will allow me to actually go up into the hills and on to some of those tighter trails.
Sponsored