David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Those living with the 2.3… 22-05-21 17-40-35 1322

:) But this is just driving from the gas station to my place and back.. never above 35 mph and mostly accelerating :)
Otherwise, about 16.5mpg is more normal

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll sum it up

Off Boost > 20
On Boost < 20

The 2.3 is impressive and nicely matched with the 10 speed.

VailBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
DT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been really impressed with the 2.3 / 10-speed powertrain. Feels sporty and fun in everyday driving, and getting MPG similar or better than many unibody crossovers. Doing really well on current tank with a mix of highway 75-80mph and two lane roads 55-60mph with some stop and go (photo below). This is on regular gas, which is 85 octane here in CO. I have tried a couple of tanks of Premium (91 octane here) and didn't see enough of a benefit in the butt dyno metric or mileage to justify it. Use Eco mode sometimes which seems to improve it by about 1 MPG, but obviously it doesn't feel as sporty then.

On the flip side, I had a highway trip 75-80mph recently going slightly down-hill but into a strong headwind and got about 18.7 MPG. Due to the brick shape the Bronco seems to handle inclines better than head winds.

Ford Bronco Those living with the 2.3… IMG_3140.JPG

Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4 door badlands 7MT. Average about 17MPG around town. Great little engine. ton of pep. Just installed a pedal commander and wow. what a difference. The turbo lag is gone and it livens up the 2.3. We will see what happens to. the MPG. But right now not really concerned. Super fun.

FastAK

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
2.3L 2door Black Diamond, non-sas. I've been on the fence about using premium. I was originally running regular and was averaging about 18.2mpg, but this was in the winter and I was in 4A. Right around the time weather started getting nice, I started trying premium gas just to try it and started averaging 20.2 mpg, but I'm also running in 2H now. So idk if the mpg difference was mostly because of the gas or the fact that I'm sending power to only the rear now instead of all four. It's probably a combo of the two. As far as hp, I can't say that it is a noticeable difference. As someone else mentioned, you want more power, just switch to sport mode.

For anyone getting ovquatcher 21mpg, do you have street tires? How are you getting such good mileage? Do I just drive too aggressively? lol I'm in a 2door non-sas so the only thing I can think of would be street tires vs the Grabbers I have, or maybe even more efficient gearing on the "less offroady" trim levels, but idk if that is true.
Im getting like 22 in my basesquatch

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t know about you but I’m putting diesel in mine when I get it. That gas is so expensive it has to be good for your car.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the 2.3 with the 10spd is a fine combo. I'm okay with my mpg (17.4 avg and 19.6 high). Numbers are using Fuelly, computer is a little more optimistic. I have a little over 12K on the odometer. I did just switch back to 87 from 92/93, gas is just getting too high.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I was averaging around 18 mpg with mixed driving through the first 1200 miles of ownership. Not bad for a OBX with Squatch.

DWood

Black Diamond
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve never ran premium, Straight poverty 87.
22k miles so far on a 6/28/21 build 4dr BD 2.3 Auto Avg 20.3. I left my trip A running since I took delivery but it evidently resets at 9,999.9 miles but was avg 19.7. If I stay off the interstate or avoid going over 75mph I managed to maintain 22.3 mpg for a good while. mostly rural highway driving I only go to work 10 days a month. But that 19.7 includes 2 trips to the mountains.

Aurongel

Outer Banks
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been very disappointed that my non-sas, stock 2.3L OBX is averaging 16-18mpg in my first 1600 miles. I wasn’t expecting greatness in the area of fuel economy but those numbers are absolutely mediocre to me.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t know about you but I’m putting diesel in mine when I get it. That gas is so expensive it has to be good for your car.
If we all play this right, we can get the rumor started that Ford is considering a diesel power plant for the Bronco.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been very disappointed that my non-sas, stock 2.3L OBX is averaging 16-18mpg in my first 1600 miles. I wasn’t expecting greatness in the area of fuel economy but those numbers are absolutely mediocre to me.
Are you calculating MPG via gallons used vs miles or are you going by the computer calculation? The calculation on the computer is crap in my experience.

What kind of driving conditions? The Bronco is essentially a brick with wheels.
Sponsored