Sponsored

Thoughts from current owners about the current ordering situation?

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious about your thoughts about the current Ford Bronco shitshow. I was talking with a buddy who has been waiting for Ford to get their shit together so he could order a Bronco. He asked me if I would have been as patient as some of the current order customers are. It got me thinking that even though I like the Bronco I honestly don’t think I would have waited as long as some folks are and also I would not have waited if I couldn’t have gotten exactly what I wanted. Just curious to see what the thinking is out there.
Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would have waited whatever amount of time it would have taken to get mine. Would I have been happy about it no, but I am a Bronco fan boy, I've had 2 early Broncos through my life, currently have a 73. Been looking for the perfect for me 90's big body. So I would have hung on no matter the time. I really surprised Ford hasn't shut the whole thing down and walk away.

760 bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve tried, and tried to fall in love with another vehicle. The Jeep wrangler, Nissan Frontier Pro-4x, the Tacoma even small cars like the new integra… i price them out and I just don’t get the same bang for the buck (4 wheel drive, off road gearing, 4 wheel drive auto, bash plates, off road tires) or cool factor. My wife asked why I continue to wait instead of getting a nice luxury sedan or whatever and I tell her that every time I see a bronco I’ll have instant regret, no matter what I buy.
My best bet might be to wait for the new ranger but I’m assuming it will be the same shit show roll out and I’ll be doing this same waiting game all over again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I hate it here.

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I waited 632 days. And I would have waited another year to get what I wanted. Luckily it only took 632 days to get exactly what I wanted including everything that had constraints.
I am currently waiting to have my front diff replaced. It only took 3 weeks to get parts.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would personally recommend getting a “mostly there” build and then waiting for your unicorn, however long. The resale value on these is bound to be high, especially given the latest fiasco.

I don’t understand why people who have waited 900+ days won’t just compromise for the short term while continuing to wait for a their long-term buy. It seems to me that they aren’t valuing their current time or enjoyment at all (unless they truly wouldn’t enjoy a lesser build? IDK)

It’s what I did, and I’ll be re-ordering in March (or whenever) to wait for the long haul.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I waited 632 days. And I would have waited another year to get what I wanted. Luckily it only took 632 days to get exactly what I wanted including everything that had constraints.
Yep, 746 days here to get what I wanted. At this point I would start looking at dealers stock & see if you could find what you want. Broncos are showing up in greater numbers these days & a few dealers are ready to deal.

I am currently waiting to have my front diff replaced. It only took 3 weeks to get parts.
190 or 210?

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, 746 days here to get what I wanted. At this point I would start looking at dealers stock & see if you could find what you want. Broncos are showing up in greater numbers these days & a few dealers are ready to deal.

190 or 210?

Ford is not expecting replacement parts until May

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I likely had a different situation than most, during my wait of 18 months. Single, no kids, short work commute and another vehicle I could daily with. Along the way I had a couple/few opportunities to switch my build because of various constraints, but I chose to wait it out. I did not want to feel as though I was forced to settle in any way and risk creating my own buyers remorse.

If I was still left waiting like many here, I would still be driving a beater until I could get what I want, even if that's a Toyota if they were to announce another FJ variant before Ford can get out of this mess. This current situation for my specific build might not even be as much of an issue as a luxed out or squatched whatever, so I would keep waiting for Badlands with high and choose my own wheels and 35s as planned. Had I been looking for a moar door, I would not have accepted the covered wagon top, so I guess that would still be an issue - damnit.

Unfortunately, I think most still waiting for a maxed out beast from the factory will be disappointed dropping the cool options. I wouldn't do it, if that's what I really wanted. I also wouldn't buy a Jeep, because if I wanted one of those I'd already have one. I guess that means I'd either be waiting with or without an order in Ford's system, because there is no substitute right now (for me).

Also - for the people that think the supply chain is a tired excuse - Tell me you don't work in a Production environment, without telling me you don't work in a Production environment . . .

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was ok going to a Soft top because I knew I could eventually get ne After Market. If it came to dropping my Trim, Lux or Sasquatch I'd be out.

For the life of me I cant see how someone who wanted a Wildtrak would settle for a NON Sas Big Bend and feel good about their purchase. Ford is really screwing this launch and ordering process up gloriously. I half expect them to announce they are going to stop production all together and no longer make the Bronco because it is too challenging.

OP
OP
Happycampinman

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly my feelings. We wanted a wildtrak luz in velocity blue with a soft top. No way for the cost involved would I have settled for anything else. This was a want purchase not a need

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would still be waiting if I had to, it's that good and the only car that's come along in my adult life that I just had to have no matter what.

The things they're asking to concede I didn't care for anyway, which I'm sure factored into me getting an early one.

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put in my order right after the 21MY order window closed and the 22MY window opened in Sept/Oct 2021. I waited 14 months for mine (after the dealer estimated only 6 months). After more than a few months, I was told I should drop Mod Bumper and Trailer Hitch (I did), as well as Lux Pkg and optional wheels (I refused).

I think its outrageous that folks who have already been waiting nearly 2 years, in some cases, would be expected to remove options or risk losing price protection. I understand Ford raising prices every year, but at least let people lock into a price when they order...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

900+ club and I have lost all trust with Ford, yes in the end I got the ultimate Bronco, but I paid a price for it both emotionally and financially. I played the constraints game a bit, didn't help and most definitely did not want a stripper project. Its a gamble whatever you decide, but you have to decide what are you willing to give up or maybe it will be the entire vehicle, I know I came really close more than once. Ford has put those who waited the most in an unwinnable situation unless you win the Ford lottery.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a WT, LUX, MIC. I don't want to compromise, but I also don't want to not get one in 2023 based on my circumstance.

I've already told my dealer to drop LUX. Depending on how they feel my position vs allocation is, I have already figured out a BL - nonSAS, Soft, High that I can live with. But i would for sure be re-ordering as 2024 banks open for my Unicorn again, and waiting that one out, assuming I receive the BL.

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was ok going to a Soft top because I knew I could eventually get ne After Market. If it came to dropping my Trim, Lux or Sasquatch I'd be out.

For the life of me I cant see how someone who wanted a Wildtrak would settle for a NON Sas Big Bend and feel good about their purchase. Ford is really screwing this launch and ordering process up gloriously. I half expect them to announce they are going to stop production all together and no longer make the Bronco because it is too challenging.
I have said this from the early days, this is a 1 and done vehicle. Ford utterly fucked every part of this launch including having too many lines.
It should have been 3 lines with 2 or 4 door and go from there. It is a shame because the engineers actually built a great vehicle. They treated this like an F150 with the multiple levels but unlike the F150 the differences between them is too small to notice.
Sponsored