Sponsored

Thoughts from current owners about the current ordering situation?

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
I waited 7 months for a Base Bronco only because I wanted to use that time to save up for a down payment. I was going to wait exactly one year for a build date and if not built I was going to move onto another vehicle. Time is a commodity you can't get back.
Sponsored

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like I got lucky only waiting 361 days. There wasn't much to compromise on with my build as it was a base 2 door with sasquatch and a manual transmission. The only add was aux switches and I had paint protection film but that was auto removed from everyone.

Even at that wait I was getting ready to look at other options, but used car market was/is completely jacked up. That and I feel the bronco has very good price for what you get as opposed to a jeep.

I'm happy I waited as I love my bronco. I don't know if I would have lasted as long as some that have waited much much longer than me. My situation made sense to wait even though my 14 year old Honda was on it's last leg.

I would get what I want though, and not switch. It's too much money and long wait to not get exactly what you want.

cobro92

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you can afford the MY24 pricing and don't need a new car immediately, then I'd recommend waiting. It's an awesome vehicle. Every time I park it and walk away I do a double take and look back at it.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am glad I'm not having to make the choices some of you do. After sticking around here, I feel like I grabbed the brass ring with mine, last build week of '21s and no compromises...

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I couldn't get a 2 door, and manual transmission those would have been my breaking points.

As there are after market MIC options I would have gone with a soft top.

Sponsored

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was a Granger 2k under MSRP order holder, but did not order until 4/21. This put me WAY down their list. I found an abandoned order in TX that was 95% of my order, just missing the modular bumper. I paid a very small ADM, but knew I was not going to get a rig until '24. I am a 2 door, manual guy and don't regret my decision at all.

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would not continue to wait and feel horrible for those who still are.

I scoured this forum before placing my order in November, 2021 so I knew the risk and the constraints at the time. So, I drew a line in the sand that I would have taken back my security deposit and moved on to another vehicle.

I work for a large manufacturer and have seen the supply chain issues first-hand. However, Ford's history of changing allocations, pricing, options, etc. would have put me over the edge.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No idea why many wouldn’t switch to a Badlands. It has every 4x4 off-road function there is. More than the WT. The Wild track just comes standard with what are Badlands options. That’s the only reason Ford has basically dropped the WT. Factory hard top doesn’t appear to be all that impressive. But then again it’s is modular and removable. So is the space station.
As far as those waiting 900 days. Then getting pissed and dropping out. Just go search dealers and find something you like and work a deal. You can get a fair enough price. Never thought I would get one anytime soon, but made it happen. Badlands Soft top is bad ass and I love it. My story is posted on here somewhere.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t replace another vehicle, I just wanted a bronco, so I was in a position where I could wait. Considering the fact that I had a day 1 reservation, it felt like it took forever, but now in comparison, I didn’t wait nearly as long as many others. Mine was built on the first day they started making 22s and I got it before a lot of people got their 21s. I didn’t make any sacrifices either. Kept the hard top, tow, lux, and Sasquatch. waiting for the build wasn’t that bad, but the wait for shipping was pretty frustrating. Reading this board at the time made the wait easier and harder at the same time.

I would rather wait longer than sacrifice options. I feel bad for the people who face losing their price protection to hold out for what they want.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took delivery of a Badlands, SAS, MIC, 2.7L, Lux, Mod in June of 2022. I ordered what I wanted/needed in spite of the constraints At the time.

I feel fricken LUCKY to have it especially after waiting only 318 days (mega dealer). I think I would still order what I wanted constraint wise, and wait it out.

Now I’m thinking it may become a collector’s item….

I feel really bad for buyers who have waited 600 to 900!!! days and are still empty handed.

Sponsored

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To put my personal experience and wait time into perspective, in 2004 I came across the Bronco concept image online while I was shopping for my first ever vehicle. And so began the wait. Ended up buying an '83 Bronco for my first vehicle, it was in rough shape to start with and at that age, I put in almost no maintenance. After driving it like a teenaged asshole for a few years, it took a shit on me, so I got a '95 Bronco to replace it because the wait was still on for Ford to release a new Bronco.

Fast forward to 2020 and a couple vehicles later, I had kind of forgotten about the Bronco concept. Randomly thought of it and decided to google it and found out that reservations for the new Bronco opened in 6 hours! Wild coincidence in timing. Got my day 1 reservation in.

So... I guess what I'm saying is that the 517 days I waited after putting in my reservation was nothing to get my teenaged dream car.

Cysquatch

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CTS, 1996 Silverado 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just curious about your thoughts about the current Ford Bronco shitshow. I was talking with a buddy who has been waiting for Ford to get their shit together so he could order a Bronco. He asked me if I would have been as patient as some of the current order customers are. It got me thinking that even though I like the Bronco I honestly don’t think I would have waited as long as some folks are and also I would not have waited if I couldn’t have gotten exactly what I wanted. Just curious to see what the thinking is out there.
Aug 2020 res, Mar 2021 order, Oct 2021 final, Apr 2022 delivery. Could've had a 4-door soft top 8 months earlier but hell to the no no. Was in no hurry. I wanted a 2-door BaseSquatch and waited the 628 days.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No idea why many wouldn’t switch to a Badlands. It has every 4x4 off-road function there is. More than the WT. The Wild track just comes standard with what are Badlands options. That’s the only reason Ford has basically dropped the WT. Factory hard top doesn’t appear to be all that impressive. But then again it’s is modular and removable. So is the space station.
As far as those waiting 900 days. Then getting pissed and dropping out. Just go search dealers and find something you like and work a deal. You can get a fair enough price. Never thought I would get one anytime soon, but made it happen. Badlands Soft top is bad ass and I love it. My story is posted on here somewhere.
Hoss 3.0 on the Wildtrak and the upgraded steering rack would be the reason to not switch to Badlands.
I love my Badlands and wouldn't trade it for a WT, but for some, it's a pretty good reason to be upset.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved in August if 2020. For normal vehicle purchasing reasons, and one being I wanted to see and feel one in person before ordering, I waited until October 2021 to order. My Bronco arrived 150 days from the order date. I didn’t like having to wait a year until I could order after reserving, but most of that time was created by my decision. Being retired the Bronco was never a “ needed to go to work” vehicle. It was a want based on my life long desire to own a first generation Bronco. This current edition scratched that itch solidly. So my waiting on a Bronco experience isn’t what the majority had to ,or still endure. My only true regret is I didn’t place two orders.
Sponsored