First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much would you lose if let’s say you bought a 21 and then traded it in for a 22
Unless you're rich and don't care at all about taking a 30% loss in one year, go for it mate.
Sponsored

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Consumer Reports disagrees with your statement. Although someone else posted that JD Power has lately found no differences.
https://www.consumerreports.org/car...et-the-most-reliable-new-car-it-pays-to-wait/
Bronco is not a new powertrain, nor transmission. It will be as reliable as any other Ford vehicle. Is it a Toyota, no, but it's also not one of those boring 14 year old technology boxes either.

Sure, Bronco will see a recall or two, most cars do. components failing or needing a software update isn't a shot at reliability.

Engines rarely fail these days, but fuel pumps, water pumps, thermostats, suspension components, safety equipment, those fail and in Bronco, they're already in use in other Fords.

Again, for those who wish to wait, please do, as that moves the rest of us up spaces in line.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure, Bronco will see a recall or two, most cars do. components failing or needing a software update isn't a shot at reliability
You have an unusual definition of reliability if you don't consider component failure as impacting reliability. Ford is like most manufacturers in that their reliability can vary fairly significantly from model to model.

All manufacturers are generally quite reliable as compared to 30 years ago and I think reliability is generally over emphasized. However, you called first yr issues ”an old wives tale” and I was pointing out that there is data that shows otherwise.

Goocci gang

Base
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jlu
Your Bronco Model
Base
When a new car is released or next gen, there’s always people that say they would rather wait for the 2nd year of production to let Ford, in this case, work out the “kinks” from the 1st year car. Is this argument even valid? Does it really even matter if there are “kinks”? What do you think about that reasoning?
I'm waiting so maybe they will add a manual for sasquatch and the v6. I hate 4 cyl and autos

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can honestly say that I'm never buying a first model year vehicle again. I've had too many issues with the Miata (was born a few weeks after production started) to ever do it again. I'm older now, more patient, and more... fiscally responsible to just act on a whim and buy it because it was new and shiny.

Having 20 more months on the loan is also keeping me in check.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How much would you lose if let’s say you bought a 21 and then traded it in for a 22
If it were a Raptor, you'd likely do pretty good. Bronco will probably drop a lot faster.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When a new car is released or next gen, there’s always people that say they would rather wait for the 2nd year of production to let Ford, in this case, work out the “kinks” from the 1st year car. Is this argument even valid? Does it really even matter if there are “kinks”? What do you think about that reasoning?
I wouldn’t worry about “kinks” as a deciding factor to purchase, as you’ll still be covered under warranty. Look how many 2nd 3rd 4th plus year vehicles have major recalls years on down the road. I have no choice but to wait for the 22’s due to when my wife graduates but if it wasn’t for that, I’d be buying the first one I could get my hands on.

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is not a new powertrain, nor transmission. It will be as reliable as any other Ford vehicle. Is it a Toyota, no, but it's also not one of those boring 14 year old technology boxes either.

Sure, Bronco will see a recall or two, most cars do. components failing or needing a software update isn't a shot at reliability.

Engines rarely fail these days, but fuel pumps, water pumps, thermostats, suspension components, safety equipment, those fail and in Bronco, they're already in use in other Fords.

Again, for those who wish to wait, please do, as that moves the rest of us up spaces in line.
Shhhh go away with your logic as I am trying to convince myself to wait for MY22 since I am planning on saving more to keep my monthly payments lower.

But yeah, overall Ford isn't putting new tech in the Bronco but rather taking what works on different platforms to complete the package here. I have zero doubts about the 2.7L nor the 10 speed transmission. Still need to see the colours in person to decide though as none of them speaks to me just by looking at the photos.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have an unusual definition of reliability if you don't consider component failure as impacting reliability. Ford is like most manufacturers in that their reliability can vary fairly significantly from model to model.

All manufacturers are generally quite reliable as compared to 30 years ago and I think reliability is generally over emphasized. However, you called first yr issues ”an old wives tale” and I was pointing out that there is data that shows otherwise.
What you're doing is casting doubt in the mind of potential buys when its overstated and alarmist.

It's ok to be cautious, but I've elected to be cautiously optimistic. Components are cheap, covered by warranty and easy to fix in comparison to engines, transmissions, etc that can cost thousands in parts and labor.

Once many of these parts have been tested (they are already in the wild) it sort of brings down the fear for the worst.

For example. In 2012 I purchased a BMW F30 (328i). It was a totally new platform for the company with a brand new engine. Although I didn't experience a failure, the engine was loud and had a diesel sounding clatter which was a byproduct of the new direct injection system. Engine was decently powered, but had very clear flaws. BMW did several tweaks the following year for 2013 models and the engine proved to make lots of happy sales and was the highest selling 3 series in history. That entire car was built with new components. My 2006 3 series was similar in being a new platform and the high pressure water pump was a common failure, price to fix was $2800 with labor, but mine failed under a recall warranty.

Broncos most expensive and critical parts are not new in the Ford family, so I don't share your concern.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shhhh go away with your logic as I am trying to convince myself to wait for MY22 since I am planning on saving more to keep my monthly payments lower.

But yeah, overall Ford isn't putting new tech in the Bronco but rather taking what works on different platforms to complete the package here. I have zero doubts about the 2.7L nor the 10 speed transmission. Still need to see the colours in person to decide though as none of them speaks to me just by looking at the photos.
Ha ha! No! ? Buy it, buy it!

I applaud your patience and willingness to wait. I just can't. Bronco and some dirt are calling me. The Polaris is fun and all, but it's in Alabama and I want to go play in the dirt, well, everywhere. :)

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
What you're doing is casting doubt in the mind of potential buys when its overstated and alarmist.
Oh please, nothing I’ve written could even remotely be considered alarmist or even rise to the level of ”concern” for that matter. I have a reservation from first day.

Sharing information from actual data sources such as Consumer Reports and JD Powers (which conflict on this point) is exactly what should be found in a thread titled Thoughts on Waiting for 2022 Bronco.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh please, nothing I’ve written could even remotely be considered alarmist or even rise to the level of ”concern” for that matter. I have a reservation from first day.

Sharing information from actual data sources such as Consumer Reports and JD Powers (which conflict on this point) is exactly what should be found in a thread titled Thoughts on Waiting for 2022 Bronco.
Ok, we'll agree to disagree. Guess time will tell in a year when we're both in our Broncos. However, based on the fact that you have one reserved as well.

You'd better hope I'm right. Hope both of us have no bad experiences with our Broncos. Well other than the inevitable recall for the rear seat latch system that I just know won't work right!

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha ha! No! ? Buy it, buy it!

I applaud your patience and willingness to wait. I just can't. Bronco and some dirt are calling me. The Polaris is fun and all, but it's in Alabama and I want to go play in the dirt, well, everywhere. :)
The one thing holding me is the colours, I've been driving either white or red cars my entire life and the grey variations here are too close to decide so I am waiting to see them in person. I've got a feeling that the Cyber Orange is going to flood the market along with red variations due to the lack of imagination in the dealerships.

Still considering waiting 2022 by actively avoiding test driving this thing because that's how they get you!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one thing holding me is the colours, I've been driving either white or red cars my entire life and the grey variations here are too close to decide so I am waiting to see them in person. I've got a feeling that the Cyber Orange is going to flood the market along with red variations due to the lack of imagination in the dealerships.

Still considering waiting 2022 by actively avoiding test driving this thing because that's how they get you!
So true, that is how they get you. Ha!

I may be a little strange, well, maybe a lot of a little, but Other than my wife's last SUV purchase, I haven't test driven a car in over 10 years, just ordered them. Now, these were all from the same manufacturer so I have had an idea, but with Bronco I'm going in totally blind.

Test drive can't get me any more hype than I am already, but it would lead me to showing my hand totally to the dealership. My chosen dealership has reached out to me 3 times (2 email, 1 call) since last week's reservation, but I don't plan to talk to them, because why?

If you decide to either hold out or give in, couldn't blame you either way. Don't think I've felt this way about a new toy since I was a kid. Have to admit, always did enjoy the feeling, so I'm just taking this all in now.

On the colors, I understand your position and was also hoping for a few more wild choices. I've settled on Area 51 since it seems to be a little greenish, or bluish, well it's ish. Think you're right on orange, also black. Thought about the gray colors, but can't do it, but those colors should hide scratches ok.
Sponsored