DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does more than just pressing the accelerator pedal harder, right?
Lol yes. Instant response when you put your foot down. I was skeptical but I’m very impressed now and I’ve had some pretty quick modified Subarus.
Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got my pedal commander today and installed in about 10 mins. I’m running it on max because who needs other settings:) Took me a few mins to stop LAUNCHING my 2door 7mt but it’s freakin amazing. Instant acceleration, especially felt in 1st and 2nd gear. I’m all smiles. Kinda reminds me of my current Stage 1 tuned STi . I have Ford Performance tune also and The combo really wakes up the 2.3 Manual.
Thanks for this info, I have a 4 door 7MT inbound, and I was wondering about a Ford tune along with a pedal sensitivity controller.

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the ford tune and pedal commander in 7MT badlands. The thing rips. Very impressive and great combo.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well crap. I thought this PC was a bunch of malarky, now it seems I need to spend some more money lol. Thanks to all who posted, looking forward to picking this up

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, definitely takes away most of the turbo lag. I get into boost much faster with this. I have been driving around in City +2 and love it. When I want more spirited driving I bump it sport mode +2 on pedal commander. When you put the bronco in goat sport mode you have pretty much immediate power when you hit the pedal.
im sold, cant wait for the "boss" to yell at me 😅

Sponsored

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone combined the Pedal Commander and Ford Perfromance Tune on the 2.7L?

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After having the Pedal Commander about a week on Sport+ 4 setting, I shut it off and my Bronco felt like a Slug, even with the FP Tune. I quickly turned it back on to Sport+ 4. It’s a pretty amazing response.

I’m wondering why there are SO MANY settings. To justify the price? I can see just Eco, City and Sport +. I will probably only use a couple or just shut it off.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought this was the exact opposite of what you want from an off-road vehicles. You want very smooth, linear inputs without a jumpy throttle.
I'm learning more and more about off-road driving and jumpy/sudden throttle inputs can lead to breaking things.

As for a quick throttle on-road - again, I want the vehicle to be linear and predictable, not jumpy.
Whenever I was on the track, the last thing I wanted was a twitchy/quick throttle response. It upsets the entire car when you're pushing it to the limit.

Basically, I look at the Bronco as the opposite of a "performance" vehicle in terms of driving dynamics and on-road manners. I am never in a hurry when I'm driving the Bronco. It's just not that type of vehicle. If I want a quick vehicle, I'm driving my other car. That has a tune, but a normal throttle response.

Sponsored

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this was the exact opposite of what you want from an off-road vehicles. You want very smooth, linear inputs without a jumpy throttle.
I'm learning more and more about off-road driving and jumpy/sudden throttle inputs can lead to breaking things.

As for a quick throttle on-road - again, I want the vehicle to be linear and predictable, not jumpy.
Whenever I was on the track, the last thing I wanted was a twitchy/quick throttle response. It upsets the entire car when you're pushing it to the limit.

Basically, I look at the Bronco as the opposite of a "performance" vehicle in terms of driving dynamics and on-road manners. I am never in a hurry when I'm driving the Bronco. It's just not that type of vehicle. If I want a quick vehicle, I'm driving my other car. That has a tune, but a normal throttle response.
I’m with you Rob.
I just removed my Pedal Monster for the reasons you listed. I respect the thoughts of those that are so enamored with these devices, but to me they’re just a form of snake oil😉

OP
OP
Stu10

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The nice thing about these throttle controllers is that you can adjust them via an app on your phone on the spot. For on road driving you may want it to be in sport mode but when going off-road you can easily adjust it down to eco or city mode. City mode is a good middle ground where it does not feel jumpy or un predictable just takes a way most of the lag between when you hit the pedal and when the bronco actually goes. Your foot also gets use to the more immediate response after driving around a few days.

Goneboy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small Handful
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m with you Rob.
I just removed my Pedal Monster for the reasons you listed. I respect the thoughts of those that are so enamored with these devices, but to me they’re just a form of snake oil😉
Call it snake oil, a placebo effect, creole voodoo, or anything else. The pedal commander flat out works. I'm sitting on 38x13.5's @ 130 lbs total weight on each each axle. Even with the jb4 tune on map 3, it felt sluggish. The responsiveness before installing it and then running it on sport+4 is literally night and day. So much more enjoyable driving it around town.
Sponsored