Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When mine wear out I'm probably going with Recon Grapplers. Don't know how good they would be in the snow though, as that's not something I really have to worry about.
Sponsored

MIBronco21

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have K02’s on my F150 in Michigan. They are a great all around tire. They handle the snow very well imo. Others speak high of the Ridge Grapplers. I put the Trail Grapplers on our Bronco and they are definitely much louder than the K02’s, which was expected.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Few notes, personally I wouldn't trust anyones opinion on a tire unless they've put at LEAST 10-15k on them, preferably the full life of the tire. Every tire is super quiet, handles everything great, everything about the tire is perfect when you first get it and through the first few thousand miles. Wait until someone has had to do a few rotations, and the center section of lugs on their MT's has worn flat with the rest of the tire, their wayyy louder, etc. Lots of peoples opinions would change.

That all being said, I only have full tire life experience with two tires on your list; the Falken AT3's and the Ridge Grapplers. The AT3's being an AT with the tighter tread pattern were a much better performer through snow, in heavy rain, and were much quieter on the road through the life of the tire compared to the Ridge Grapplers. I think I got 65k out of the AT3. The Ridge Grapplers were much louder on the road, especially once they start to wear flat, were decent in snow, and performed great offroad. I'm on my second set of Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep now, and I got 43k out of my first set. My biggest issue and concern with the Ridge Grapplers is their performance in heavy rain. Once you get about 15k miles on them, they are pretty uneasy in medium rain and in heavy rain where you can see noticeable puddles, they are very very unpredictable. By far my biggest issue with them. And for comparable reference, I've run Cooper STT's on my previous jeep through the entire life of the tire and the wet performance was significantly better and those tires are arguably much more aggressive.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same company. Mickey Thompson as well.

There are quite a few foreign brands that make tires in the US though.

Yep, we live in the age of globalization. US companies build tires overseas and foreign companies build tires in the US. Kinda like all the Toyotas that are built here in the US. I do wonder what Cooper and all it's affiliates will look like down the road since Goodyear bought them out.

I look for Made in the USA on the side of my tires when I buy them. I'm not so much concerned with corporate profits as I am employing Americans who want to work. There are just too many good made in the US tires for me to buy Asian made tires.

There are a lot of things where you have no choice in where it's made, but not so with tires.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My old man handwritten list
I want a narrow tire

590D107A-EC6B-40C9-A1FE-7D0DF4D0B560.jpeg
Yeah those Klevlar RT are a rare find at 35 x 10.5 and D rated but damed if they aren't real expensive.

Deleted member 12876

I went with 35 Ridge Grapplers on my 2 door badlands. I just spent a week in Big Bend NP at the Talley Campground which is about 25-30 miles of dirt road driving to get to. I went in and out each day, sometimes hauling ass, and i only had 1 small ding on my door. I think its from something else but the wife says its because i was driving so fast. I also have the Zroadz side steps so that may have stopped some rocks, but i hardly heard any hard metal pings while driving.
How tippy was the ride at higher speeds on rough dirt roads in The 2 door? I’m still waiting in a build date so who knows when I get experience the ride myself.
but maybe one day lol

zane8stacks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How tippy was the ride at higher speeds on rough dirt roads in The 2 door? I’m still waiting in a build date so who knows when I get experience the ride myself.
but maybe one day lol
Smooth as butter. The faster I went the smoother I got. Only time I "had issues" was hitting deeper drop downs or pot holes and there are some wash away breaks on the trails so little 2-3 foot humps that are like ramps on both sides. I could only hit those at about 30 or below. Above that and you would feel the ass end get higher when you were coming down. It never bottomed but it was just a smoother going slower

Sponsored

Deleted member 12876

Smooth as butter. The faster I went the smoother I got. Only time I "had issues" was hitting deeper drop downs or pot holes and there are some wash away breaks on the trails so little 2-3 foot humps that are like ramps on both sides. I could only hit those at about 30 or below. Above that and you would feel the ass end get higher when you were coming down. It never bottomed but it was just a smoother going slower
That’s great feedback
Thanks!!

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cooper and Goodyear are the only two true American brands.
Um, that is untrue.

Bridgestone Americas is located corporately in Nashville, TN. You can find the list of their worldwide (please note total world) manufacturing sites here: Bridgestone You'll note that the majority of sites are in the USA. They employ over 60,000 people in the USA alone. And own Firestone Complete Auto Care centers as well, which employ even more Americans.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.windowsticker.forddirect.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The history of Bridgestone America dates back to the two separate companies that merged to form Bridgestone Tire company. The first one is Firestone Tire & Rubber Company, that was founded in August 1900 by Harvey Firestone and was headquartered in Akron, Ohio. The second one is the Bridgestone Tire Company, Ltd., founded in 1931 by Shojiro Ishibashi in Japan.[8] The first Bridgestone tire was produced on 9 April 1930, by the Japanese "Tabi" Socks Tire Division (actually made jika-tabi).
You can read more here- Bridgestone - Wikipedia

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I picked up some Kelly Edge MT that are a sub brand of Goodyear with made in the USA on the sidewall. Cheap, in stock and fairly aggressive.

I have run a few tires and brands on the list. Falken AT3 are by far my favorite right now. They wear good, great in snow that is wet and on black ice.

My last set of Nitto Tires that where triple peak rated felt like a down grade as soon as winter hit. Terrible on ice and dry snow.

My last set of BFG KO2 didn't last and didn't perform. Replaced them with Cooper AT3 and it was noticable.

I drive 25k+ miles a year on road and mine sites. Best tires are subjective.