Sponsored

To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons!

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is the first I've seen mentioned what I've been thinking all along. Bronco is for me a finally available modern non-Wrangler option to the Defender I dreamed about my entire childhood. I absolutely love the refined quietly capable look of an old English farm vehicle Defender and the 2-door Base w/ steelies really resonates with me for that reason. I think I'll go Sasquatch for all the other upgrades and I think it will make it a more desirable truck way down the line, but from looks alone I'd rather be on silver steelies and a 31-33" tire. So maybe I'll be able to "downgrade" at delivery or do it aftermarket. I also want it in white so I realize I'm basically recreating another infamous Bronco I have ingrained in my memory from childhood.
Adam, keep in mind that the Bronco Base "steelies" are not steelies at all. They're aluminum alloy (like all the other rims), sooo, obviously will not get all rusty like traditional steelies.
Sponsored

aaddaamm

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lyon L'Avecaise
Your Bronco Model
Base
oh I did not realize that. Even more of a reason to "downgrade" for me if it is something a dealer can make happen, or some post-purchase swap.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

oh I did not realize that. Even more of a reason to "downgrade" for me if it is something a dealer can make happen, or some post-purchase swap.
Are you saying you want real steel steelies? Lol...that's an odd request, but it's up to you, your bronco. I'm sure Ford could put their winter steel rims on it...they're silver.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sad thing is, now I cant even remember what the squatch will get the wife in her badlands considering she’s going to want me to replace the Ford wheels with black rhinos.
If you’re throwing the wheels up for sale, on the Badlands T:
- Gearing changed to 4.7 (which based on Wranglers on 35’s with 3.73 you’ll be fine with 4.46 gearing)
- 10mm bumpstops on the Shock under the boot
- 1+” wider flares

If mansquatching, the gearing is already 4.7 so just bumpstops and flares.

Net: not a whole lot / probably better off saving your money for the wheels and tires aftermarket ...

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
Adam, keep in mind that the Bronco Base "steelies" are not steelies at all. They're aluminum alloy (like all the other rims), sooo, obviously will not get all rusty like traditional steelies.
Umm, what? o_O

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

aaddaamm

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lyon L'Avecaise
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was just saying I actually prefer the 16" silver paint "steelies" from an aesthetics only perspective over the alloy sasquatch upgrade rims. If what I'm calling the "steelies" are actually alloy, then that is even better.

edit: seems like a moot point if that steelies are alloy statement isn't accurate
edit2 : Ford.com describes them as " 16-inch silver painted steel wheels" so I'd say that's not really open to interpretation.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ah, shit. musta been drunk. I dunno why I thought I read that. My bubble is not burst though, I have Badlands reservation.

Sorry for misleading...

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just saying I actually prefer the 16" silver paint "steelies" from an aesthetics only perspective over the alloy sasquatch upgrade rims. If what I'm calling the "steelies" are actually alloy, then that is even better.

edit: seems like a moot point if that steelies are alloy statement isn't accurate
edit2 : Ford.com describes them as " 16-inch silver painted steel wheels" so I'd say that's not really open to interpretation.
I'm not a fan of the beadlock ones that ford has either....however I do like the beadlocks on the 2 door "prototype" vehicle they keep showing...hopefully those are an option...seems like they're almost the same with a bronze look...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sad thing is, now I cant even remember what the squatch will get the wife in her badlands considering she’s going to want me to replace the Ford wheels with black rhinos.
If you’re throwing the wheels up for sale, on the Badlands 10AT:
- Gearing changed to 4.7 (which based on Wranglers on 35’s with 3.73 you’ll be fine with 4.53 gearing)
- 10mm bumpstops on the Shock under the boot
- 1+” wider flares

If mansquatching, the gearing is already 4.7 so just bumpstops and flares.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By no means do I NEED the Sasquatch package. More expensive to replace, harder on the vehicle, etc. My only issue is looks, I want a 4 door and even the 33” tires still make it look a little long and low to the ground. I think 33” tires look great with the 2-door.

I understand practicality, but I also don’t want to buy a new car that doesn’t look right to me.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no free lunch 35 make noise,are heavy,expensive,ect. but they make a big difference on the trail ,ground clearance and look good too.
Im getting it for the axles and gears selling my 35s on cl and goin 37s not a dd for me . I have said it many times here guys the squatch at 5000 is a killer deal i know this is a fact.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I LOVE the Sasquatch look with 35" MT tires! The proportions are great, BUT, since my initial infatuation, my desire has shifted toward 33" AT tires, standard on Badlands. Hard core rock crawler(?), then Sasquatch makes sense, if you're like me, you want Sasquatch for the cool factor. After reading about the 35" beadlocks, I thought I'd list the negatives that have me wanting the 33s.

35" MT tires w/beadlock rim CONS:

1) It's loud! - I had a 94 Def 90 with MT tires and was loud as crap, also had 95 Def 90 with AT, less loud but still loud. I have not lived with 35" mud terrains that come w/Sasquatch, but I imagine they will be louder than a fleet of 747s rolling down the highway. Sasquatch 35s are Mud Terrains.

2) Sucks gas - The weight and friction of 35", 315 MT tires will probably increase fuel consumption 10%.

3) Expensive - Replacing 35" tires costs a lot.

4) Hard to find - Buying replacements may be difficult relative to 32s or 33s.

5) Beadlock rims require maintainance - Beadlocks need to have bolts tightened and adjusted regularly. Tire swapping and maintenance will be difficult as many places won't be comfortable doing this work. I'm not big on maintaining things, so this is a pain for me.

6) It's heavy! - I've raced mountain bikes and understand how much seemingly small weight changes affect rolling interita. Those heavy 35" tires plus heavy rims need a lot more torque to get them rolling relative to lighter 32 and 33 setups.

7) Stress - Extra weight and moment of 35" tires puts a lot more stress on the axels and differentials. This is one reason that adding the Dana 210 front end axel option should be obligatory when putting Sasquatch on lower trims.

Agree or disagree?

I bet most people considering Sasquatch are like me and have NEVER DRIVEN 35s.
Ford should offer a 33" Sasquatch option!
1) get better tires, my Wrangler had 35” Cooper STT Pros and were not that loud
2)yes, slightly less MPG
3)no, 37’s do go up, good 33’s and 35’s are about the same $
4). Not at all, ordered mine, delivered 4 days later
5) They are “beadlock capable” they are not mounted as bead locks, you would have to have that done, and yes would be mainly for off-road use
6) The V6 had torque to spare
7) Bronco has been tested on 35’s the 37’s would need more attention

my Jeep;
Ford Bronco To Sasquatch or not to Sasquatch, lots of Cons! A34CBE4C-286E-4756-A43D-F65E5DD4EA0B
Sponsored